The sewing room

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:27 am

I personally feel that Jr was stringing Holzer along.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here - if you were a person serving six 25-year-to life sentences, and you were desperate enough to do anything to get out, why not string some person along with whatever fantasy he or she wants to hear, especially if it might help you get out of maximum security, at the very least to freedom, at the very most into somewhere minimum security or even in a psychiatric wing?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:39 am

you know that makes a lot of sense. Sort of fits patterns we see concerning his wife. Give us enough information to string us along but not enough to make a final determination.

But you see, some of us don't care anymore. Butchie is guilty, nothing will change that. He killed his entire family and he has not the courage to admit it. He is a lying , simpering welp of a person who will see his last day behind bars.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:39 am

I personally feel Weber told DeFeo to string Holzer along :wink:

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:42 am

i think it is safe to say that many people saw a chance to make money off this and did. Some still are. Greed has an ugly face and when it rears its head...its not a pretty sight.

Thing is, when it does and people get infected, they don't give a crap, all they can think of is the money. They don't care who gets walked on or who suffers. Getting the money is all they care of.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:32 am

Howard64 wrote:i think it is safe to say that many people saw a chance to make money off this and did. Some still are. Greed has an ugly face and when it rears its head...its not a pretty sight.

Thing is, when it does and people get infected, they don't give a crap, all they can think of is the money. They don't care who gets walked on or who suffers. Getting the money is all they care of.
Also, it really annoys me when I read that people thought the Lutzes' made all this up "just to make money" when, out of everyone involved with this case, they recieved much, much less than others, (despite the books, films, etc.)

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:47 am

that's exactly my point!!

Everyone is screaming about how the lutzes made money but every other swinging D@#*!! was and IS doing the same thing!!

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:03 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:I personally feel Weber told DeFeo to string Holzer along :wink:
That's an interesting thought, Weber accompanies Holzer and Ethel Johnson-Myers and Laura Didio to the house in January 1977 - I'm wondering if Holzer visited Butch in prison around the same time? Both were in 1977.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:36 pm

This is weird; Ronnie mentions how his family members reported seeing things, but doesn't appear as if he saw anything himself, though...

I also think the "devil" comment his father made-he could've meant it both ways; towards Ronnie based on his out-of-control behavior at the time, and perhaps because maybe there was something else lurking within the house that the DeFeos were picking up on, if Ronnie's testimony about his relatives seeing things is accurate (which is impossible to know with him, of course).

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Mr. DeFeo's devil reference and Butch's story of the house's internal noises in the night unseen...just a question, but due to the Lutz' experience, the notoriety of the films, books, could it be the public who has expounded on these statements in search of proof for the existence of something present at 112 prior to the Lutz family moving in?
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

averagejoe
Amityville Member

Post by averagejoe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:21 am

Howard64 wrote:i find it interesting that out of the blue...Ron Sr. puts religious statuary in the front yard. (at least i assume im correct in this)

If there was nothing going on, why the sudden change...im just curious.
But being that the murders took place during the holliday season, could the religious statuary just be part of holliday spirit. Maybe it was just liked the look of the statuary. I dont think that everytime someone puts up a religious statuary theyve had a religious experience. People were crosses all the time but probably know very little about the bible.

I guess what im saying is that i doubt it had anything to with Butch. I dont buy Butch's story of the rifle misfiring. If Ronald Sr was so abusive, he would have beat the crap out of Butch and there probably would have been recent healing wounds.
Didnt the incident happen just a little bit before the murders?
Butch seems like the type that would take any "no" as being abusive to him.

dnddad324
Tedbot is my Canadian beer whore

Post by dnddad324 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:08 pm

I think people are reading way too much in to the statuary.

I grew up in a prominently Catholic town and back in the 70's it seemed like EVERYONE had these types of statue. The DeFeo's were Catholic and at the time it seems it was the thing to do.

Just my two cents worth.....
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/dnddad324.jpg[/img]

Nightshade
Amityville Member

Post by Nightshade » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:12 am

Yes and it was the location (the doorway) where the later News Crew accompaning the Warran's para psy team captured the "Ghost Boy" photograph..

dnddad324 wrote:The sewing room was Marc and John DeFeo's former bedroom.

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:32 pm

dnddad324 wrote:The sewing room was Marc and John DeFeo's former bedroom.
Nightshade wrote:Yes and it was the location (the doorway) where the later News Crew accompaning the Warran's para psy team captured the "Ghost Boy" photograph..
.......... which is believed by some of us here to be one of the investigators bending down to examine the keyhole - sorry, I forget the chap's name. It was said by the Warrens that no one was in the house at the time (no child anyway) but we can't know whether or not that was true.

I find the layout of the house in the photos rather confusing; I thought Allison's room was next to the bathroom (closest to her parents' room).

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:50 pm

The Sewing Room is not the room the Ghost Boy appears from - that's Allison/Missy's room.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:47 pm

And it wasn't the news crew who captured the photo of the "ghostie boy," it was a private photographer who left the camera unattended on a timer to snap pics throughout the night (or throughout a certain time period).

And yeah Foxy, I'm one of the people who feel the ghost boy is actually just an accidental shot of one of the investigators from that night.

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:22 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:The Sewing Room is not the room the Ghost Boy appears from - that's Allison/Missy's room.
I get so confused about the layout. Master bedroom,obvious.Allisons room became Missy's. Jon/Marcs' room became the Lutz' sewing room. Butchs' room became Chris and Dannys room. Dawns became the Lutz' playroom..Is this correct? I'm not sure about the DeFeos"tv room" what did it become??
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Yeah, you got it. Here's a diagram from another thread (so ignore the red arrows):

The DeFeo "TV Room" became the Lutz "Dressing Room."

The DeFeo boys' bedroom became the Lutzes' Sewing Room.

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:21 am

Thank you Dan - appreciated.

Another reason for my confusion is that if you look at the diagram showing the master bedroom (and the diagram shown on Ric Osuna's site), it shows the unfortunate Mr. & Mrs. DeFeo lying with their heads, seemingly, facing the left hand wall that, according to my take on the diagram, means they would have been head-on to a window. However, we know that was not the case as the wall at the head of the bed was 'mirrored.'

Fox :?
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:07 am

Yeah, you mean Mr & Mrs DeFeo's heads facing the street, right? I think that one window facing the street was covered up by the large mirrored wall.

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:09 pm

An odd thing to do but would explain the diagram. Thanks again Dan.

Fox :)

Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Post by Dutchcolonial » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

The mirrors were installed over the master bedroom window facing the street.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975