Famously Haunted: Amityville on Tubi

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Famously Haunted: Amityville on Tubi

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:24 pm

Tubi, FOX’s free streaming service, has announced its list of October titles. The Tubi October 2021 lineup includes four Tubi Originals and bone-chilling horror titles in time for Halloween.

FAMOUSLY HAUNTED: AMITYVILLE (October 15)

When infamous Amityville killer Ronnie Defeo died behind bars this year, social media blew up with a new wave of armchair detectives and paranormal experts obsessed with the real-life horror story that shattered this sleepy Long Island village nearly 50 years ago. Now, just in time for Halloween, from FOX Alternative Entertainment comes Famously Haunted: Amityville, a fresh look at how six shocking murders spawned one of the most terrifying ghost stories in American history.
https://www.vitalthrills.com/tubi-october-2021/

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: Famously Haunted: Amityville on Tubi

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:52 pm

I'm subscribed to FoxTel here in Australia ... maybe they'll put this series on. We don't have Tubi here.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:13 am

I think I can get that app...wonder if it is anything new or different or if it will be the same old, same old... :think:

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:17 pm

tomspy77 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:13 am
I think I can get that app...wonder if it is anything new or different or if it will be the same old, same old... :think:
These are interesting to watch ... however lately I have picked the sh*t out of many of them for their inaccuracies.
- Brendan72

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Hopefully the show will finally reveal who the real killer was?

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:38 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:17 pm
tomspy77 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:13 am
These are interesting to watch ... however lately I have picked the sh*t out of many of them for their inaccuracies.
That's what I mean, once you have looked into this the way people have here, either these are snoozefests or you will just scoff at all the fumbles and stumbles the show makes on the facts and viewpoints. :lol:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:52 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:15 pm
:like:

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:54 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
My money is on OJ.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:14 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:54 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
My money is on OJ.
I'm more interested in the JFK assassination these days. Coming up to the anniversary and all.
- Brendan72

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:51 pm

Set to premiere on October 15th, Bloody Disgusting has an exclusive look at the documentary’s art.

“When infamous Amityville killer Ronnie DeFeo died behind bars earlier this year, social media blew up with a new wave of armchair detectives obsessed with the real-life horror story. Everyone wanted to know: was DeFeo’s ‘the devil made me do it’ defense simply a ploy, or did something truly evil drive the 23-year-old to savagely shoot his parents and four siblings in cold blood inside their home nearly 50 years ago? And how was all of this connected to the ghostly hauntings that drove the new residents from the same house just one year later?

“In the Tubi two-hour documentary special, ‘Famously Haunted: Amityville’, we’ll navigate the web of true crime and paranormal that’s kept viewers tangled up in the Amityville tale for generations. Key players will come together with a new chorus of voices to unpack fan theories, re-examine key pieces of evidence, and showcase gripping archival footage –including a world-exclusive– and determine once and for all what really happened at one of America’s most famously haunted addresses.”
https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusive ... exclusive/

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:31 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:51 pm
“In the Tubi two-hour documentary special, ‘Famously Haunted: Amityville’, we’ll navigate the web of true crime and paranormal that’s kept viewers tangled up in the Amityville tale for generations. Key players will come together with a new chorus of voices to unpack fan theories, re-examine key pieces of evidence, and showcase gripping archival footage –including a world-exclusive– and determine once and for all what really happened at one of America’s most famously haunted addresses.”
Two hours is certainly enough to do it justice, and of course, the 'world exclusive' footage is of interest, worth a watch anyway at the end of the day IMO.

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:33 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:54 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
My money is on OJ.
I for one, never trust any breakfast drink...they are all insidious. :lol:

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:50 pm

What a joke this was.

Laura DiDio needs to retire. :roll:

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:59 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:50 pm
What a joke this was.

Laura DiDio needs to retire. :roll:
Why would she retire when she still can make appearances on stupid documentaries? It’s tv time for her to carry on nonsense. Exposure, so to speak!

Hasn’t that been the goal from day 1 with all of them?

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:31 pm

It was okay if mediocre until the second half. I can't believe they let Osuna push Ronnie's absurd and thoroughly debunked (by people on this very forum years ago) Dawn theory as truth (mind you they walked it back a little near the end). Oh, and they also let Osuna state he knows for a fact the bodies were "moved", yeah, right. :lol: :doh:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am

Sorry, whats wrong with Laura?
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:49 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am
Many people think she has become (or always was, not me though I believe she was once sincere) a shameless self-promoting shill, another leech feeding off the desiccated corpse of Amityville.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:18 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:49 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am
Many people think she has become (or always was, not me though I believe she was once sincere) a shameless self-promoting shill, another leech feeding off the desiccated corpse of Amityville.
I still believe she is sincere though lately she has mixed up some details. But really after nearly 50 years I think she can be forgiven for that.
- Brendan72

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:04 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:18 pm
I still believe she is sincere though lately she has mixed up some details. But really after nearly 50 years I think she can be forgiven for that.
The problem is she has all her notes from back in the day... but doesn't appear to be familiar with them :think:

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:14 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:04 pm

The problem is she has all her notes from back in the day... but doesn't appear to be familiar with them :think:
The last few interviews she has been on you can hear her turning pages while talking (and going "um, um" which is a pet peeve of mine when anybody does it, but that's my problem). I am not sure if her current opinion has changed somewhat since back then or something else.

But yes if you were witness to something like Amityville and took contemporaneous notes and kept them, you would think recollection would be better than usual.

I also subscribed to Tubi but for some reason the documentary in question has not been made available here yet. Must be some sort of regional issue.
- Brendan72

believer
Amityville Addict

Post by believer » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:14 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:04 pm

The last few interviews she has been on you can hear her turning pages while talking (and going "um, um" which is a pet peeve of mine when anybody does it, but that's my problem). I am not sure if her current opinion has changed somewhat since back then or something else.

But yes if you were witness to something like Amityville and took contemporaneous notes and kept them, you would think recollection would be better than usual.

I also subscribed to Tubi but for some reason the documentary in question has not been made available here yet. Must be some sort of regional issue.
Honestly, Brendan, you're not missing much. I was able to watch it on Tubi but it took some searching to find it. I thought it would've been easily found since it was a. their own documentary, b. Halloween season, and c. it was just released on the 15th.

Most of it regurgitated garbage from the usual suspects, Ric Osuna, Laura Didio, Marvin Scott, Alexandra Holzer....you get the idea. But then there are these little fill-in spots from TikTok and YouTube 'stars' (some of them so young they were probably in diapers when the remake was released). Of course, it wouldn't be complete without the usual poorly done 'reenactments' and clips of previous 'documentaries' with those who have passed, George, Kathy, Weber, Father Ray....again you get the idea. Sadly, it ends leaving viewers with the idea that Dawn killed the parents and the kids and that Butch killed Dawn after a struggle with the gun.

You know, I get that the whole haunted thing can be seen in various scenarios. But as far as the murders go, there is plenty of evidence and court records. The number of misstatements and distortion of facts (like Dawn having gun powder residue on her nightgown AND HER HANDS????) make it seem like the producers of this filth didn't even bother to verify things that are very easily verifiable.

So yes, Brendan, when you see this 'documentary', you will pick it a part just as I did.

And there's a lot to pick from....