General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Amityville- The Cursed Collection

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:38 pm

The following posts were deleted from this thread due to an accident:

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:17 am
A BLU-RAY boxset out this Halloween with some of the sequels - THE EVIL ESCAPES, IT'S ABOUT TIME, A NEW GENERATION and DOLLHOUSE--

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections ... collection
Matt9290 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:43 am
Awesome - must admit I did enjoy IT'S ABOUT TIME
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:49 am
The 4k restoration is convincing me to buy it. Hope it works on my Xbox One X as I've heard it supports all regions.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:49 am
The 4k restoration is convincing me to buy it. Hope it works on my Xbox One X as I've heard it supports all regions.

Victor_Pascow wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:30 am
Finally! This looks ace. Thank you VS!

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:26 am
Review:
The four sequels are a mix of made-for-TV and direct-to-video flicks, but the fine folks at VS lather them with a degree of love sure to please producer Steve White — the man who decided the horror from Amityville was suitable for road trips — and fans of the films. The 4K scans and restorations look fantastic, each film comes with some new extras, and the hardcase box-set is gorgeous. Keep reading for a look at Amityville: The Cursed Collection.
https://filmschoolrejects.com/amityvill ... -syndrome/

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:20 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:33 am
Nice. Will definitely buy this for two reasons, the extra features and the 4K.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:43 am
Is anyone wanting to get rid if their copy for a fellow UK'er who's going to be quite bored during the corona outbreak?

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:25 pm
Gotta love high res pictures totally exposing the fakery of movies. Here's one I spotted in A New Generation. The content of that article is copied/pasted and nothing to do with the header. :clap:

https://i.postimg.cc/dsZBsdfC/20200417-231835.jpg

Subverter
Amityville Member

Re: Amityville- The Cursed Collection

Post by Subverter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:05 pm

I received mine a few weeks ago and had a blast re-watching these again after so long. It never occurred to me growing up how great It's About Time was, and how the rest of the movies in general felt like unofficial sequels to the House (1986) franchise - Dollhouse, especially. I was initially disappointed when I learned that The Amityville Curse wasn't included, then when I re-watched that one on Amazon Prime, I was kind of glad they didn't. That movie should never see the light of day ever again.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:14 am

Subverter wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:05 pm
I was initially disappointed when I learned that The Amityville Curse wasn't included, then when I re-watched that one on Amazon Prime, I was kind of glad they didn't. That movie should never see the light of day ever again.
Hey, welcome.
I re-watched it too. It would definetely benefit from a blu-ray upgrade, but I doubt that would save it though...

Subverter
Amityville Member

Post by Subverter » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:39 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:14 am
Hey, welcome.
I re-watched it too. It would definetely benefit from a blu-ray upgrade, but I doubt that would save it though...
Thanks! Most of the movie is just Dawna Wightman timidly walking down a poorly-lit hallway, so the original (inferior) VHS production probably does it more justice than the Amazon HD transfer or a future Bluray makeover as far as "creepiness" goes, I think.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:27 am

Subverter wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:39 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:14 am
Hey, welcome.
Thanks! Most of the movie is just Dawna Wightman timidly walking down a poorly-lit hallway, so the original (inferior) VHS production probably does it more justice than the Amazon HD transfer or a future Bluray makeover as far as "creepiness" goes, I think.
Its on Amazon Prime in UK in 4K I believe, its aged pretty well and is a lot better with the quality increase.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated