My Amityville movie collectables =)

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Re: My Amityville movie collectables =)

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 am

I was the winning bidder on that one. When I remembered that antny wanted it, I contacted him to let him know that if he wanted to know my max bid, I'd tell him so he could outbid me.

I mostly wanted it because I love that 2005 movie house.:)

antny thanks for being so nice about it and I'll stop being lazy about getting my digi cam fixed, and post some pics when I get it! :) Plus I'll keep looking for another globe for you.:)

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:41 pm

No problem at all! I appreciate you contacting me about it, money is tight right now so I wouldn't have been able to pay that much for it, so I'm glad at least someone on here won it! =)
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks antny! I appreciate it! :)

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 am

I actually won the globe on Sunday on Ebay... I had it saved in my favorites and was undecided on whether I should bid or not, but when I checked there was only 2 minutes left and no bids, so, I decided what the hell and won it! yay!

Can't wait to get it! I'm having it shipped to my job so I'll be opening it as soon as I get it!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm so glad you got it! :) And at a reasonable price too! I hope it arrives soon!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Me too, I hope it comes soon, I'll be sitting at work waiting for it lol and being that I'm working the next 13 days straight, I'll be there when it comes! yay!

But not yay for working 13 days lol I guess I have to make up for spending money on the globe. ha.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:37 pm

I finally got around to painting the front door red, the house is mostly meant to look as it did in the original Amityville Horror, and not II or 3D. This is because I added flower boxes to the first floor windows and also painted the door red, which is how the house appears only in Amityville Horror.

I also added a small axe near the back porch door, where Goerge cut fire wood in the original film. I had to use an axe from a Friday the 13th/Jason figure I had, but I plan on buying a more realistic looking dollhouse axe later on.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Wow, great job antny!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks! I think the house will finally be complete the beginning of 2012... I only need a few things to finish it up and then I can hang all my memorabilia around it! =)

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Recieved my snow globe today! Yay! I have a few of my collectables in a glass curio for now until I put floating shelves up for them all.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm glad you got it! It is cool, isn't it?:)

Your collection is looking very good there!

antny if you can get one of those hologram type postcards of the 2005 movie house, you should get that, it's beautiful! I'll let you know if I see one, they are usually very low priced, only like $1.99.:)

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks! That's only a few of my things, I have a lot more framed photos and booklets if you go back a page or two... I also have a bat used in the Amityville Dollhouse film.

I plan on displaying it all on shelves when I get around to buying them and hanging them up... can't wait!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:22 pm

I'll have to go back and look at your other photos.

That's cool you have a prop from an Amityville film.:) I think I'd like to have either the dragon statue or the silver crucifix from the first film if I could have any prop.

Or that doll that was on the rocking chair in Tricia's room from the 2nd film.XD

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:40 pm

I've talked to two people from Amityville Dollhouse. One is the young boy, Jarrett Lennon, there was this kid Mike who used to run an Amityville web site that was more for the films and Jarrett used to talk on there a lot. I haven't talked to him recently, but I know he has behind the scenes photos from the film on his website.

I also got in touch with Tom Capalletti, who was a prop man for Dollhouse, he helped build the dollhouse as well. He still had the baseball used for the pinata scene from the film, and was willing to hand it over as long as I paid shipping, so I took that offer right away! I have a few score cd's, two UK Special Edition DVD's not available in the US, and a lot of framed photos and booklets, plus the snow globe, and an 8mm Amityville Horror film, which is another very rare item I've seen on ebay years ago and then again recently.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:46 am

That's cool you were able to talk to a guy involved with the film and get the prop.:) If you ever find out about more Amityville movie props, I wouldn't mind trying to get something.

Have you gotten any of the Japanese movie programs? I see those on eBay. I'd like to have one because I have studied Japanese and love Japanese culture, but they are usually pretty expensive.

Also, get yourself one of those little cards from Topps if you haven't, they are very cheap and have a lovely picture of the real house as she looks today! :)

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:49 am

Wow :) that model sure is impressive. Ace work!
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks!! =) I've been working on it for a few years now, I'll probably finally finish it early next year. I might ask someone ot buy me the rest of what I need for xmas lol there's like nothing I want, mayeb a few dvd's, so I could always just ask for someone to buy me the rest of my supplies to finish the house FINALLY lol

Montellie85
Amityville Member

Post by Montellie85 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Wow just joined this group so much info on here that ive always wanted to knw about Amityville Horror but most of all the movie house from the first 3 movies the ive always said if ever get to win the lotto i will build a new home exactly like the movie house :-) seriously would be amazing this is so cool what you have made tho i would love to no how long this took you it lookms exactly like the movie house

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:23 am

antny000 wrote:I finally got around to painting the front door red, the house is mostly meant to look as it did in the original Amityville Horror, and not II or 3D. This is because I added flower boxes to the first floor windows and also painted the door red, which is how the house appears only in Amityville Horror.

I also added a small axe near the back porch door, where Goerge cut fire wood in the original film. I had to use an axe from a Friday the 13th/Jason figure I had, but I plan on buying a more realistic looking dollhouse axe later on.

it looks great! :clap: :D :)

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:27 am

Montellie85 wrote:Wow just joined this group so much info on here that ive always wanted to knw about Amityville Horror but most of all the movie house from the first 3 movies the ive always said if ever get to win the lotto i will build a new home exactly like the movie house :-) seriously would be amazing this is so cool what you have made tho i would love to no how long this took you it lookms exactly like the movie house
Welcome to the board "Montellie85"!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:39 pm

My aunt recently gave me a book shelf she no longer needed, so I decided instead of putting a million holes in my walls to hang up everything, I would put it on the shelves. I plan on putting the house behind/above it, on the wall, above our staircase.

I have to take newer photos because I added 10 mini Amityville II/3-D lobby cards that came with the Spec. Ed. DVD's for the films. But that's pretty much my entire collection, aside from the model of the movie house!

I would LOVE the mini HO scale version to put on the bookshelf, however, I do not have patience to work on something that small. If someone would make it for me as I want it (On side looks like the real house/one side looks like the movie house) that would be awesome lol but until then I don't think I'll be adding that one to the collection =(