Negative Amazon reviews purged

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Negative Amazon reviews purged

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Has anyone else noticed that a number of negative reviews on Amazon were recently purged? Interestingly enough Katzenbach's posts (using various aliases of course to mask his ID) including his attack on Dan for filing for bankruptcy are all still up.

kathyM
Princess

Re: Negative Amazon reviews purged

Post by kathyM » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:34 pm

I didnt see that but what I noticed was the 1 used dvd for sale for $999.00! :lol:

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:36 pm

I complained about that one review bringing up the bankruptcy issue every single day for a week and nothing was done about it. I guess Amazon has to have complaints from several different people before they do anything?

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Maybe he sued them. Or the posters deleted in fear of retribution. If he could actually sue me for talking about my life then why not not sue others for opinion?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:28 pm

It does appear some are missing as the overall score has gone up.

But, as it's still "out of stock", the laughs are on them.

Btw, this was the same crap Ric pulled with Amazon...

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truth/amazon.htm

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:35 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:It does appear some are missing as the overall score has gone up.

But, as it's still "out of stock", the laughs are on them.

Btw, this was the same crap Ric pulled with Amazon...

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truth/amazon.htm
My own review is gone. So are a number of others that gave only 1 star there used to be 5 of them.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:27 pm

I still see the low rated reviews posted.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:I still see the low rated reviews posted.
As usual you show a lack of comprehension skills. my review is gone. There were at least 5 reviews giving 1 star at the time I added mine and all but 2 are gone.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 pm

How can this happen? Would Amazon take the reviews off if Ryan complained? Or is Ryan able to go in himself and do that? Why would Amazon take the reviews off? I complained and got nothing for it. If Amazon did it then that is a crappy thing to do and doesnt make the review process legitimate at all.

I will ask them.

ryunker73
Amityville Member

Post by ryunker73 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Check our IMDB. I put an honest one on there, and nobody has deleted it...yet! :D

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 am

I liked your review. It was spot on. Watching a toothless hag chain smoke while telling lies thru the whole movie is exactly the plot of this dvd! :)

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Here is the email response I got back from Amazon regarding the missing reviews.

Dear Kathleen,

I'm sorry for any concerns about the missing review for "Shattered Hopes: The True Story of the Amityville Murders - Part I From Horror To Homicide". Amazon.com takes the removal of customer reviews very seriously.

I'm not able to tell you why specific reviews were removed from our website. I can only discuss that with the people who wrote each review. However, I can tell you that reviews are removed from the Amazon.com website for three reasons:

1. The review conflicted with our posted guidelines http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines/.
2. The review was removed at the request of the customer who submitted the review.
3. We discovered that multiple items were linked together on our website incorrectly. Reviews that were posted on those pages were removed when the items were separated on the site.

I hope this information helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p= ... 05Z19&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p= ... 05Z19&k=hn

Best Regards,

Mark H.

Bango Skank
Amityville Member

Post by Bango Skank » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm

this is the same crap Osuna pulled 10 years ago. I know Amazon doesn't just take down reviews for no reason, but I'm guessing someone made a case that the ones that did get pulled somehow violated their rules. This can be a very arbitrary thing and I'd suggest that anyone who's had a review pulled check over Amazon's terms of service and post a new review. This kind of thing has become a lot more common on Amazon over the last few years with the proliferation of ebooks. Lots of self published authors try to get negative reviews taken down and a lot of times Amazon refuses. It's very possible that Amazon was getting hounded by certain parties and about bad reviews and finally just gave in and deleted them to make the problem go away. I'm sure the poor people that have to deal with this just get worn down sometimes by bullying behavior. I've seen similar scenarios played out with self published authors and reviews who refuse to back down and keep reposting different versions of their reviews until they meet Amazons terms of service to the letter, and once that happens, Amazon usually refuses to delete them

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:28 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:I still see the low rated reviews posted.
As usual you show a lack of comprehension skills. my review is gone. There were at least 5 reviews giving 1 star at the time I added mine and all but 2 are gone.
I think I gave an honest opinion as my alter ego ‘amityville9290’ but I’ll wait and see how long it stays online http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=VzLT ... ec=reviews
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:27 pm

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote: Well -- there's DVD stock enroute to Amazon as we speak so I am hoping they ordered enough to keep it in stock for a while....and the retail price is $17.99 versus the idiot that keeps listing it for $999. What a moron. You can also get it directly from our website, Ashley.

Thanks for the comment on the Amazon reviews -- trust me, I get irritated to. These are not "customers" who have purchased the DVD for the most part. I think most of them who have reviewed it are in possession of pirated copies. And all of it links back to one web forum which HATES me with passion and their only stated goal is to tear my work to shreds....but, everything we say is backed up. So I just leave it to small minds to have their hate fest. Several years ago they said this film would never be finished or released. And I could go on for days about the other stupid, untrue supposition they've spewed forth for which they've been wrong about. But, the haters will be the haters. So let them hate. They need to take a good look inside themselves, and not at me, to find out where that is coming from.
"I think most of them who have reviewed it are in possession of pirated copies." - I have an original, thank you.

"And all of it links back to one web forum which HATES me with passion and their only stated goal is to tear my work to shreds....but, everything we say is backed up." - maybe include some of that in the documentary next time?

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:38 pm

I also have an original. I don't know where he is getting the idea that pirated copies are floating all over the place.

And no, not everything in Part I is backed up. In fact, most of it isn't. You can clearly tell where this "film" has been edited. And the tiny bit of proof that Ryan offers really isn't proof at all. I stopped the DVD just so I could read what he had and I was not impressed in the least.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:00 pm

What the hell is he talking about? The film still isnt finished or totally released yet! So anyone who ever said that years ago is technically (or should I say factually)right.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:13 pm

excuse my comment but why pirate that movie to begin with?

Is it really worth that much to take the risk of getting an illegal
copy?
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Ryan is a moron. NOBODY wants to pirate his :) flower :) hopes. Try looking for it on the web....it isn't there because NOBODY CARES.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Ryan hates that we speak negatively about him and his little amateurish film. He's trying to punish us for that, and he's trying to shut us up. He's just throwing every legal charge at us that he can think of in the hopes that one might stick. And it also serves nicely as a form of character assassination to diminish what his fans might think of us.

"Don't listen to those guys at the FAQ -- this isn't about my film -- they just hate me for other reasons and they're lashing out at my film because of it..."

(No, that's not a real quote, but an example of his thought process.)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:42 pm

But then he has moments - like now - where he's happy to ignore us - "But, the haters will be the haters. So let them hate.". So I guess he's in a good place with Part II all finished... but as soon as something goes wrong, it'll be our fault again! :roll: