Shattered Hopes DVD Review

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:03 am

ScaryMary wrote:And it seems like the database of info here was aguired in the same sleezy slimy way that J.E. Hoover's was. Trickery and lies and just made up crap to suit the moment.
Can you elaborate on this?

ScaryMary
Amityville Member

Post by ScaryMary » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:04 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
ScaryMary wrote:AND why should Ryan answer any questions now that he addresses in his film?! This has been his life's work and passion for over ten years and he doesn't have to give it away! YET, he has been so kind to gift a few people who could not afford it.
Does this offer extend to the moderators on here? Ryan knows how broke we are!
:fp: Seriously?! You don't make it easy to take you serious. You still haven't answered any of my questions, not one, not even why [edited] real name was deleted but mine wasn't. There just doesn't seem to be any fair play here.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 am

ScaryMary wrote:Why was her real name removed and not mine. Wow! Sleezy!
I can go back and remove your full-name if you wish. But don't forget you posted the exact same review on here and SH's Facebook, so it wasn't hard to know who you were! ;)

ScaryMary
Amityville Member

Post by ScaryMary » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:07 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
ScaryMary wrote:And it seems like the database of info here was aguired in the same sleezy slimy way that J.E. Hoover's was. Trickery and lies and just made up crap to suit the moment.
:think: Can you elaborate on your Nixon statement?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 am

ScaryMary wrote: Seriously?! You don't make it easy to take you serious. You still haven't answered any of my questions, not one, not even why [censored] real name was deleted but mine wasn't. There just doesn't seem to be any fair play here.
I thought you said the name Kathy gave wasn't yours.

In any event, that name was the username used in public on facebook. In short, you made your name public on facebook, so Kathy was not outing you.

Anyway, I've banned you for a week until you calm down (for refusing to abide by Kat's request).

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:20 am

Dan the Damned wrote: Anyway, I've banned you for a week until you calm down (for refusing to abide by Kat's request).
Wow, I was just going to suggest banning "some people," because they are just so beligerent. Good show, old boy!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:21 am

ScaryMary wrote: :think: Can you elaborate on your Nixon statement?
It was my Nixon statement, not Sherb's. We are two different people.

Nixon was a paranoid motherf*er towards the end of his career and famously had an "Enemies List" -- a list of names of people whom he felt wronged him. My comment was, I thought, pretty self-explanatory -- I think Ryan has a list as well. In the past few years he has not only given rants against us, but against various TV networks and the Hollywood Industry, itself.

But your comment is bewildering. What database do we have? What trickery and lies have we made up here? Let me know in a week when your ban is lifted.

Speaking of which, look what just popped up on facebook:
ScaryMary
Ok, so I just got banned from the Amityville fact board just for defending my self, Ryan, Geraldine, and the film. I called them out and now they banned me until tomorrow and I "calm down". My name on there is ScaryMary. Please, if any of you have a few minutes, please go there and read my posts and tell me if I needed to calm down. This just goes to show that they try to silence all voices that defend Ryan. I would love to see them called out by the fans here.
I guess we should ban this Mary person for outing your name... :think:

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 am

Dan the Damned wrote: Nixon was a paranoid motherf*er towards the end of his career and famously had an "Enemies List" -- a list of names of people whom he felt wronged him.
lol - as if you really needed to explain that.

You know you're only feeding fuel to their fire when you give them this kind of satisfaction. Don't you? Ignore them, and they go away. Almost always!

Or ban them! Banish them to the far reaches!! lol

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:50 am

This is addressed to anyone who posts on both pages. Please ask Ryan why Dan is not allowed to post on Shattered Hopes FB page? I am not sure if Sherb is allowed to or not either. Why does he feel the need to keep them off his page?

This is for ScaryMary - If you would have asked that your name be removed, it would have been removed. I received a PM from Kathy asking me to remove her info. I would have done the same for you had you asked.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 pm

TigresMeow wrote:This is addressed to anyone who posts on both pages. Please ask Ryan why Dan is not allowed to post on Shattered Hopes FB page? I am not sure if Sherb is allowed to or not either. Why does he feel the need to keep them off his page?
Whatever the reason, Dan should do "tit-for-tat" and ban Ryan! Who needs the aggravation?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Personally, I'd rather anyone post wherever they want.

And the best person to make Ryan Katzenbach look an idiot on here is Ryan Katzenbach.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Exactly. Plus allowing Ryan to post on this board is probably the only way we're gonna get any answers to our questions (or the closest thing to answers from him that we can get).

And also I think it frankly makes Ryan look bad when we allow him to post here and he bans us. I think it exposes him and shows some tell-tale truths about the situation in general.

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:17 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote: And the best person to make Ryan Katzenbach look an idiot on here is Ryan Katzenbach.
With the ranting and the name-calling, I would have to agree with that statement, Sherb.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Exactly. Plus allowing Ryan to post on this board is probably the only way we're gonna get any answers to our questions (or the closest thing to answers from him that we can get).
Well, I don't think Ryan really has any answers to the legitimate questions we have. He's a flat tire, an empty jar. But at least you practice "freedom of the press," and don't go around suing everybody who disagrees with you or puts you on the spot.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:50 pm

I wonder if Ryan has heard about biting the hand that feeds you? In this case though he not only bit it off he totally amputated it. I stated several times I would buy the next parts to see all of it and give it a chance. Why turn off and turn away your potential buyers? If very few buy it then what is the point? Who have you blown away with your documentary if nobody trusts you to order from you? You catch more flies with honey.

Who will buy the doc now or even the next parts without worrying about him having their addresses and maybe emails too? You can see that he has no problem posting personal stuff so could any of you be next? Would you trust your info to be safe? Think about that. Will he guarantee your info is safe as long as you write a great review? I am just saying it is something to consider.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Posting personal information is a bit dodgy... I guess it's alright if an individual truthfully doesn't mind
sharing things like their email, name, photographs or whatever with people that's kind of different, but
someone else passing on this information to others without one's permission, I believe in some countries
that could be considered illegal as even a simple address could allow one the chance to say, steal your identity
(or something like that) and that would be no fun :(
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:09 pm

ScaryMary wrote::think:
ScaryMary wrote:
kathyM wrote:Huh? Why are you getting mad Mary? I said you sounded familiar to me and I took a guess. If you didnt feel comfortable you only had to say so. I was just asking.
:roll: Ok, [NAME REMOVED]. How many alias do you have? So I guess you like to hide yours to. Ryan still has your emails. I never said questions were stupid. You can quote me all you want, just don't misquote me or take what I say out of context.
:think: Why was her real name removed and not mine. Wow! Sleezy!

You are the one here to divulge your name, Mary. She asked if you were Skylyte(completely insane) or a name of a complete asskisser from Ryans FB page( Really...that person is so far up Ryans Azz that when he yawns others can see her freaking boogers). By your own admittance, and the fact that your name is appropriately "ScaryMary" it does not take a rocket scientist to figure things out.....sheesh. :fp:

Question: Are you insane? TIA.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:11 pm

ScaryMary wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
:think: Can you elaborate on your Nixon statement?

Oh, I can....Ryan has a LOT of burning bridges. Do you get it now? :roll:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:13 pm

TigresMeow wrote:This is addressed to anyone who posts on both pages. Please ask Ryan why Dan is not allowed to post on Shattered Hopes FB page? I am not sure if Sherb is allowed to or not either. Why does he feel the need to keep them off his page?

This is for ScaryMary - If you would have asked that your name be removed, it would have been removed. I received a PM from Kathy asking me to remove her info. I would have done the same for you had you asked.
and why was i banned as well?

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:18 pm

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS I've given them my two cents, but all they will do is attempt to twist your words against you. They know in no uncertain terms what I think of their 6-year campaign. I don't think anyone should waste their time because no matter what you say, these people are either too stupid, too obtuse, or both in the majority of cases, to ever listen. As I said, I encourage you to not waste your time on any of these people. They all hate me, they are all out to malign me, they all think this film is a joke, so there is no sense wasting words on small minds, guys. Besides, look at what we have done this week. I think our teams efforts speak for themselves and shine above anything anyone can say about our research efforts and drive to get to the truth. Enough said.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:41 am

I am curious as to how many copies of part 1 have been sold. About 60 people have said they got it so far. Is it a big seller or not?