Page 8 of 16

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:25 pm
by ScaryMary
kathyM wrote:Mary, you sound familiar to me. Are you skyelyte? or Mary *****?

I have no idea who skyelyte is, I don't believe I have heard of this person, but why the hell would you put out my name if I didn't? This is one of the problems I have with this forum. Many memebers think they are so smart and funny putting people's real names out who are not yet comfortable doing this themselves. Just last week I saw a member ID on here for C Sullivan and really didn't want to have to deal with her lunatic behavior again. So KathyM, you were happy to out my name, so what is your real name and how would you even know me? Saying the possible Mafia connection is over the top just shows how little read some members are. I don't care what your opinion is as long as its an educated one. Trying to say that that these things, the mafia and people with connection being able to erase evidence not being a true fact, only makes you sound very closed minded. Lastly, what the hell does Geraldine being a pet hoarder have to do with this is any minute way?! Seriously, this is where you go when you want to discredit her? Like I said, If yours was an educated opinion I could respect it even if I didn't agree with it, but from what I see so far it doesn't appear to be. No, not all the relatives from both sides are gone. What relatives have you personally talked to? Do you know someone firsthand who has? :naughty:

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:37 pm
by Dan the Damned
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Dan the Damned wrote:Yeah? If that's the case, why don't they simply publish their findings on a free website like we do? Why do we have to buy Ric's book? Why does Ryan refuse to answer so many questions because, as he claims, all will be revealed in his film? Sounds like they are all about financial gain to me.
As you know, I disagree here!

I've witnessed both Ric and Ryan follow a similar path - both said their book/movie would change views on a global scale, however, both spent money upfront they had little hope of recovering... especially as both releases were small enough to be termed "cult".
sherbetbizarre wrote:maybe it's an issue of "control".
Yeah, I see your point, but I think the problem is that you are using logic to explain their actions. :naughty:

I mean if it was all about "control," they would still have total control over the story if they chose their venue to be a website rather than a book or movie.

I dunno. I could be wrong, but I tend to think both Ric and Ryan truly expected their work to be hugely successful, simply because it has the name "Amitvyille" on it. I think their judgment is clouded when it comes to expecting a big payoff with little to no publicity needed. In the same manner with which their judgment was clouded in believing Geraldine's story in the first place.

Then again, we've had this discussion before over whether Ryan truly believes Geraldine's lies or whether he actually sees her BS for what it is (and is merely using it to create controversy and to create a more interesting story). I think you can make a good argument either way -- one for Ryan being a complete boob, and one for him being a manipulative a**hole. So in that sense, I guess either of us could be right... :think:

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:56 pm
by sherbetbizarre
Dan the Damned wrote:Yeah, I see your point, but I think the problem is that you are using logic to explain their actions. :naughty:
I like your thinking!
I could be wrong, but I tend to think both Ric and Ryan truly expected their work to be hugely successful, simply because it has the name "Amitvyille" on it. I think their judgment is clouded when it comes to expecting a big payoff with little to no publicity needed.
I don't disagree with this. But it seems strange that Ric walked away after only selling a few hundred copies, and Ryan is already planning his next venture. Surely its not too late to push it? Especially with other producers involved with "industry experience"

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:13 pm
by kathyM
Huh? Why are you getting mad Mary? I said you sounded familiar to me and I took a guess. If you didnt feel comfortable you only had to say so. I was just asking.

I am KathyM, everyone knows this, that is my name. I dont care if you want to hide yours so why did you even say anything?

Why do you call people stupid for asking questions about the case? I dont think any question is stupid.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 pm
by Ryan Katzenbach
KathyM:

Since you like to speculate on other people's identity, while you hide behind "KathyM," I thought I would share your email to me since KathyM is obviously not your REAL name. I think yhus email reveals a great deal about your integrity....over here "bowing" to Dan and Jason. You were singing a whole different song not long ago....a game I refused to participate in much past a very basic, courteous reply to you:

From: name edited out To: ryan@amityvillefilm.com

Dan Sat, Sep 24, 2011 2:26 PM PDT

View full HTML message

I would love to see you take Danny Nolte, moderator for the Amityville Truth Board , to court. He needs to be taken down a notch or two. I have been a member of that board a year now and left last week because of Dan. He attacks his own members constantly. I have had several private message fights with him about his behavior to his members.

I have yet to see you attack your members and you treat all their questions as if they are important. Dan mocks and picks apart any questions that go against what he believes or if he thinks they are stupid.

I hope you will take Dan to court. He does deserve it. Even if you didnt win it would still scare him enough to maybe question the way he treats others on the internet. So I hope you go for it. I will be rooting for you!

Will you be putting up the George Lutz probate file on your facebook page? I would like to see that.

KathyM (kathy's email edited out)

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 pm
by Ryan Katzenbach
Or perhaps this email, KathyM, which I NEVER replied to because I saw what you were trying to do? Perhaps my lack of reply and the fact I didn't embrace you as my new best friend is what prompts your comments today? Justa sayin?

From: name edited out
Re: Dan Fri, Sep 30, 2011 4:34 PM PDT

View full HTML message

Thanks for sending those papers! And thanks for responding back to me. You should check out the latest posts on the Amityville board. Others are not happy with Dan either.

From: Ryan Katzenbach <katadvertising@yahoo.com> To: name edited out Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 6:53 PM Subject: Re: Dan

Olivia, Thank you for your email last Saturday - I am seriously behind in replies and correspondence with everything that has been going on. Dan's big day is coming soon enough. Attached are Lutzes probate papers in two separate PDF docs. Enjoy. -R--

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:03 am
by Shawn
Looks like you were taken for a ride, Ryan. LOL! No, wait....I know you were!

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:55 am
by Anarane
Okay, as a complete newbie I've stayed entirely out of this until now, for it's obvious that resentment runs deep on both sides and it's clear neither party will see the other perspective. I post here and on the FB page and have lived happily at both for the short time I've been participating in the communities. I knew there were hostilities; I didn't know that they were this bad.

That said, Ryan, publishing private correspondence and revealing private and confidential details of a paying customer is a bloody disgrace, no matter how duplicitous their actions may be. I get paid on Monday and was planning to purchase your DVD: I don't plan to do so anymore. This horrible breach of trust is highly alarmingly and I'm genuinely put off giving you my contact or payment details. In short: you seem utterly untrustworthy and disappointingly unprofessional.

To be honest, the back and forth in this thread has really deeply off-putting for me. :( Personally, I would rather this be taken off-board and dealt with privately. I don't come here or the FB page for this mean, spiteful and wholly inappropriate behaviour. Can't we just agree to disagree and keep this ridiculous bullsh!t off of the boards?

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:24 am
by Shawn
astonio wrote:Maybe via the inflated cost for delivery? I sent mine elsewhere and the cost was $2.05.


Indeed. :roll:

Shipping cost is $8.54 from Ca to the East coast(2.54 actual cost).....SIX dollars more than actual cost! Ryan is not only RIPPING OFF his customers by HEAVILY PADDING SHIPPING COST, he is also untrustworthy with peoples PRIVATE INFORMATION! :shock:

What a guy, eh? :roll:

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:22 am
by Jacobmarley1
I haven't seen the film because, with shipping, it's $25.00 I can't afford to let go of yet. Plus, I've seen clips of the film in the trailers, and I can't get past the fake beard on the actor playing Ronnie. I might one day purchase this, but only if I find it really cheap somewhere. I can wait.

This said, I will say that Shattered Hopes is a good step in getting Hollywood interested in the DeFeo-aspect of "Amityville," and get them to make a legitimate film about the murder case (unlike "Amityville II: The Possession," which focused on, as the title suggests, possession). I would flip over backwards of a director like Paul Thomas Anderson took the murder case on.

P.S. in order to not be accused of hiding behind a fake screen name, I'm Michael Gifford. I don't see how it matters, but hey - it seems important to Ryan. I choose the screen name of "Jacob Marley" because he was a ghost from A Christmas Carol, and it seemed appropriate for what has transpired with this case.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:23 am
by kathyM
Um Ryan, sorry you are wrong. My name is kathyM. Yes that is my email but it is my daughter's name. As everyone here knows I am not computer capable and my daughter set up stuff for me.

Why did you simply not ask me? I told Mary that is my real name and people here can vouch for that. As for printing up my emails to you, so? Everyone here including Dan knows how I felt then so yet again so what? I am surprised you would even do that as I have no beef with you. i do not believe in Geraldine's story and I have said that.

Obviously Mary does not want to come on this board with any good intentions or a desire to talk all issues.

I am again surprised at you Ryan. You have posted my email address why? If people want to email me they may. I give it out all the time to members here on this board. I know you probably thought you were exposing me somehow but what you have told, everyone here already knows.

So what does everyone here think of Ryan now? That was a dumb thing to do. When I asked you to post George Lutz's probate documents and you emailed them to me I thought that was nice of you and I bought your documentary because I was interested. So yet again, why would you come on this board and do that? I was not attacking Mary at all. I was interested in talking with her about her views and give mine.

So yet again, what does everyone think of Ryan now?

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 am
by Howard64
when two dogs fight, the worst thing to do is get between them.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 am
by Jacobmarley1
kathyM wrote: So yet again, what does everyone think of Ryan now?
I think Ryan is a very sensitive person. I, too, can be very sensitive to people's criticisms - Victoria Principles always seems to find me, and question in a sharp way that irks me, the posts I write. It always comes across as an attack, and I've learned to ignore her very negative posts. At first, I was compelled to debate with her, but I soon found out that I was wasting my thoughts and time doing so.

Same scenario can be said for Ryan, but on a bigger scale, since Ryan has invested a lot of money and time on his project. And regardless of what we think of the project, Ryan thinks a lot of it - probably more than any other person, since it is his project. That's natural.

Ryan probably gets defensive because people accuse him of knowingly lying (by not supplying evidence, it's a form of lying). That's natural, as well (and I'm not accusing Ryan of lying - I'm just saying he's accused of not supplying evidence).

Shattered Hopes is "his baby," and he's going to defend it, right or wrong, as most "parents" will do with their unruly "children." The film is obviously "controversial" because it contains conflicting testimony that doesn't jibe with information people already "know" as the truth of the case.

Personally, I can't see how there can't be a record of a marriage in the State of New York, and don't see why someone associated with the Mafia would deem it important enough to "steal" from public record. I mean, who the hell was Ronnie, Jr. to these people, and what would they care if he was married or not?! That's the part I can't get over, therefore I don't believe what this Geraldine has to say. Fact is, if I wasn't associated with Amityville Communities, if there was "no such thing" as an Internet, I'd have never heard of her. Never. The thing with the Internet is that you get "information overload," stuff you really don't need to know about.

I don't see why Ryan had to use Geraldine in his film - a truth-based film about the murders could have told (and sold) itself, without all the controversal characters mixed into it. In the end, I believe that history will show that the controversal aspects will hurt the film.

What do I think of Ryan? Frankly, I think of him about as much as I think of any member of this or any other Internet forum. Not at all. He's just a guy trying to irk out a living. We're all people of varing backgrounds interested in the Amityville case. Beyond that, I know human nature, and bickering and hurt feelings and defensiveness will ensue. And why? Because human beings possess a brain, and with a brain comes their own point-of-view, their own belief systems, and, well, you see what can happen with such.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 am
by TigresMeow
Not cool at all Ryan. You won't even open your FB page up to certain members of this board yet you come here and post someone's email address? Is that how you treat the people on your page? What did Kathy do to you?

You and any member of your FB page are welcome to post here. But instead of acting like a child, why don't you answer some of the questions we have? Do you not have the answers? Or are you going to tell us all the answers are in your film just like Ric told people before his book was released?

I have watched Part I and I do have some problems with it. But, I will wait until I see all 3 parts before I make too many comments on just one part of it. I do not believe Geraldine, which is my choice. I don't think she, or the DeFeo's were so important in the underworld that all records of Geraldine would be erased. And, yes, I am familiar with how the mafia operated back in that day.

It is my opinion that your film would have been better off without the use of Geraldine Gates. I think Ronnie has fed her alot of information over the years that she has passed off as the truth and that she was married to Ronnie (which we all know is not true), that she had a child with him (how's the paternity test going?) and she was so important that all records of her being associated with Ronnie were destroyed. Where is your proof that Geraldine was there? It wasn't in Part I of your film where it should have been since Part I is where Geraldine is introduced. It is also interesting to note how defensive you and her get when questions to the validity of these claims are asked.

Where are the answers to the documentation that has been posted here? Instead of playing games with showing other people's emails and all the mudslinging, vulgarity and threats, why don't you provide answers?

Lots of questions but I am not seeing Ryan providing answers or any proof so far. Because there wasn't any proof offered in Part I, I am seriously asking myself whether Part II or III will even be worth purchasing. If the next two installments are anything like the first one, the audience will still be left with alot of questions and no definitive answers. Again.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:18 am
by ScaryMary
kathyM wrote:Huh? Why are you getting mad Mary? I said you sounded familiar to me and I took a guess. If you didnt feel comfortable you only had to say so. I was just asking.
:roll: Ok, [NAME REMOVED]. How many alias do you have? So I guess you like to hide yours to. Ryan still has your emails. I never said questions were stupid. You can quote me all you want, just don't misquote me or take what I say out of context.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:38 am
by Dan the Damned
kathyM wrote:As for printing up my emails to you, so? Everyone here including Dan knows how I felt then so yet again so what?
I was thinking the same thing. What is this supposed to prove? Kathy was pissed off at me. Kinda like how Ric Osuna got pissed off at George and tried to hurt him with his DeFeo book. Kinda like the GoonieNick situation. GoonieNick came here and begged everyone for Amityville materials (recordings, articles, etc) and then he sold copies of everything on ebay. Someone saw it and we all felt like we were played for suckers. We mocked GoonieNick for that. He got upset, and now he is on your facebook page, one of the biggest ass-kissers you have over there.

So what does this show? It shows that Kathy is human.

And I am human, too. Yeah, sometimes I get into it with people. What can I say...
Jacobmarley1 wrote:P.S. in order to not be accused of hiding behind a fake screen name, I'm Michael...
I think Ryan's statement about screen names is just an attempt by him to get people to reveal their real names, so he can put them in his database or something. I'm sure he has an Enemies List longer than Richard Nixon's...

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 am
by TigresMeow
ENOUGH of the posting of people's names. If you choose to give your real name fine, but do NOT post someone else's info.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:51 am
by ScaryMary
:fp:
Anarane wrote:Okay, as a complete newbie I've stayed entirely out of this until now, for it's obvious that resentment runs deep on both sides and it's clear neither party will see the other perspective. I post here and on the FB page and have lived happily at both for the short time I've been participating in the communities. I knew there were hostilities; I didn't know that they were this bad.

That said, Ryan, publishing private correspondence and revealing private and confidential details of a paying customer is a bloody disgrace, no matter how duplicitous their actions may be. I get paid on Monday and was planning to purchase your DVD: I don't plan to do so anymore. This horrible breach of trust is highly alarmingly and I'm genuinely put off giving you my contact or payment details. In short: you seem utterly untrustworthy and disappointingly unprofessional.

To be honest, the back and forth in this thread has really deeply off-putting for me. :( Personally, I would rather this be taken off-board and dealt with privately. I don't come here or the FB page for this mean, spiteful and wholly inappropriate behaviour. Can't we just agree to disagree and keep this ridiculous bullsh!t off of the boards?
:fp: Seriously? It was ok for [edited]Kathy to publish my name, but Ryan has gone too far publishing her emails?! Ryan has every right to defend himself, his project, and his fans. He has every right to to show proof of her playing both sides against the other which is part of the problem here. People call Ryan and Geraldine liars, well what do you call this behavior? People sit here on their high horse and try to defame people on the S.H. page, but those same people are trouble maker fakes in private.

AND why should Ryan answer any questions now that he addresses in his film?! This has been his life's work and passion for over ten years and he doesn't have to give it away! YET, he has been so kind to gift a few people who could not afford it. Bravo Ryan! It makes no difference in the truth and content of the film on who financially backed it or not, and rather Ryan recoups what he has spent or makes mega bucks back. His goal and driving force was to tell the truth about the DeFeos and let their voices and stories be heard. Do you ask Lucas to give away his movies and their content before the are released? No, and he would laugh in your face and hang up on you. Grow up and stick to the reasonable questions and requests.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 am
by ScaryMary
Dan the Damned wrote:
kathyM wrote:As for printing up my emails to you, so? Everyone here including Dan knows how I felt then so yet again so what?
I was thinking the same thing. What is this supposed to prove? Kathy was pissed off at me. Kinda like how Ric Osuna got pissed off at George and tried to hurt him with his DeFeo book. Kinda like the GoonieNick situation. GoonieNick came here and begged everyone for Amityville materials (recordings, articles, etc) and then he sold copies of everything on ebay. Someone saw it and we all felt like we were played for suckers. We mocked GoonieNick for that. He got upset, and now he is on your facebook page, one of the biggest ass-kissers you have over there.

So what does this show? It shows that Kathy is human.

And I am human, too. Yeah, sometimes I get into it with people. What can I say...
Jacobmarley1 wrote:P.S. in order to not be accused of hiding behind a fake screen name, I'm Michael...
I think Ryan's statement about screen names is just an attempt by him to get people to reveal their real names, so he can put them in his database or something. I'm sure he has an Enemies List longer than Richard Nixon's...
:naughty: And it seems like the database of info here was aguired in the same sleezy slimy way that J.E. Hoover's was. Trickery and lies and just made up crap to suit the moment.

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 am
by ScaryMary
:think:
ScaryMary wrote:
kathyM wrote:Huh? Why are you getting mad Mary? I said you sounded familiar to me and I took a guess. If you didnt feel comfortable you only had to say so. I was just asking.
:roll: Ok, [NAME REMOVED]. How many alias do you have? So I guess you like to hide yours to. Ryan still has your emails. I never said questions were stupid. You can quote me all you want, just don't misquote me or take what I say out of context.
:think: Why was her real name removed and not mine. Wow! Sleezy!

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:57 am
by sherbetbizarre
ScaryMary wrote:AND why should Ryan answer any questions now that he addresses in his film?! This has been his life's work and passion for over ten years and he doesn't have to give it away! YET, he has been so kind to gift a few people who could not afford it.
Does this offer extend to the moderators on here? Ryan knows how broke we are!