Shattered Hopes DVD Review

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Shattered Hopes DVD Review

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Yeah, let's put up with it, because people need to see what the saviour of the DeFeo's is all about ;-)

I don't know Eric well enough to call him a good friend, but I appreciate him making a documentary with no agenda while passing it off as "the truth"... Just let the people talk, which is what a real documentary maker does. Even if Danny Lutz will dump over my friend Lee, at least the director isn't taking sides or making himself "the hero" of the piece.

That was fun, Ryan, can we go for a beer sometime? :beer:

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Hey Ryan: I can't take it anymore. I have a friend who went to school with Ronnie. I just emailed him today. He has ALWAYS maintained NOBODY called Ronnie "BUTCH" (especially the group who hung around Henry's) outside of his family (and he wasn't even certain about the family, as he didn't like going there because there was always drama) and that he has NEVER heard of (or seen) that cukoo Geraldine person. NEVER. He's a lifelong Amity resident and knew the family well, but mostly Ronnie. He says he "can't believe" Ronnie killed the kids--but not in a denial way or a "Dawn was involved" thing (and he HATED Dawn and has described her as being "weird" to me many times. I can't say either way--I just have to take HIS word for it because he was THERE). Geraldine is a phony liar. My friend would have known her if she was around that group in the 60's and the early 70's. I sent him that pathetic clip of her speaking and he has ... in his own words... "never heard of or seen the lying sack of crap."

Of course he has no idea what may or may not have happened after Ronnie went to jail, but she most certainly was NOT a fixture in Amityville before, during, or immediately after the murders.

I have a test for you. Ask Geraldine what kind of "machine" Ronnie had hooked up in the basement. Ask her what he was trying to do with that machine. Then and only then will I believe she ever stepped foot in that house.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:07 pm

astonio wrote:Sherb, Dan...do we have to put up with this? All this unnecessary colorful language is, well, unnecessary. It's offensive, to say the least and baseless as the director is blending criticisms of his project with flagrant attacks of his character.
Most members get banned for that type of behavior. Wow Ryan, Hollywood's eyes are upon you right now....please, do go on! :clap:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:10 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:
I have a test for you. Ask Geraldine what kind of "machine" Ronnie had hooked up in the basement. Ask her what he was trying to do with that machine. Then and only then will I believe she ever stepped foot in that house.
Bad example boosha. :( I think it's common knowledge(to members of this board) that Ronnie was trying to print money in the basement.....

ETA: If I'm incorrect, then never mind....(Emily Litella voice)
Last edited by Shawn on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:12 pm

If Hollywood's eyes are on this guy, it's only because they plucked them out of their sockets.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:40 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:...and he HATED Dawn and has described her as being "weird" to me many times. I can't say either way--I just have to take HIS word for it because he was THERE).
Just a comprehension question. Your friend said that HE hated Dawn and describes her as being "weird"? Or your friend
alleges that Ronnie hated Dawn and always described her as being "weird" ?

Sorry, I had some problems in understanding that sentence.

Interesting anyway. Was your friend one of Ronnie's good friends?

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:If Hollywood's eyes are on this guy, it's only because they plucked them out of their sockets.

Actually, they kind of are. Since his first tizzy fits I filled in my brother, who has been dabbling in producing films(he has a big wallet) over the phone about Ryans behavior. After the laughter died a bit in this conversation, my bro said that he was going to show this board and Ryans FB page to a few friends who would find it hilarious. He did. They did. Word of mouth travels fast....and nobody wants to work with a prick.

I was asked by my housemate to ask Ryan a question.
Ryan....WTF are you smoking, dude?????
I have finally seen this film. and I really do not have many comments at this point. I will say, however, I will feel bad for ryan, regardless of his childish behavior, when/if the shat hits the fan. Geraldine Gates is going to be the very chain that drags him down, just as it did Osuna and every other human being that has made the mistake of believing in that obvious pathological liar~she's worse than Ronnie :roll: .

Ryan as a filmaker....I cannot say anything bad about that. His film was surprisingly put together well for a novice filmmaker. If he could just take a freaking chill pill once and a while and accept that his profession is what it is, he just may go far. Well, as long as he has some bridges left to cross and all.....

Oh, and Ryan, please do tell Ms. Gates that she really should quit this life of crime* and duping the masses. She should be an actress. She's very good. And i heard that is't good, honest money! ;)

*Proven fact: see public arrest record(s) via Internet

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:56 pm

VintageBoy91 wrote:
BooshaGirl wrote:...and he HATED Dawn and has described her as being "weird" to me many times. I can't say either way--I just have to take HIS word for it because he was THERE).
Just a comprehension question. Your friend said that HE hated Dawn and describes her as being "weird"? Or your friend

Makes perfect sense to me. My brothers friends hated me as well. Perhaps Dawn was not so friendly with Butch and butch's friends simply sided with him...I did that too with friends' bratty, WEIRD sisters. ;)
Actually, it makes Boosha more believable imo. *shrugs*

TheDLRbeeotch
Amityville Member

Post by TheDLRbeeotch » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Dan wrote, "Your statement is hypocritical because you condemn the bullying of others, and yet condone it when it suits your purposes." its called defending ones self and I will defend myself If I feel the need to.. So F off Dan... I didn't cast the first stone d*ck weed.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:23 pm

For what it's worth, and no offense meant, but using a "I didn't cast the first stone d*ck weed." retort doesn't really work in your favor. At least on an adult level. Just Saying......

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Shawn wrote:
VintageBoy91 wrote:

Makes perfect sense to me. My brothers friends hated me as well. Perhaps Dawn was not so friendly with Butch and butch's friends simply sided with him...I did that too with friends' bratty, WEIRD sisters. ;)
Actually, it makes Boosha more believable imo. *shrugs*
Makes sense to me also. My sister's friends are like a modern-day 'Ronnie crew' and I don't like them very much either,
they drink, do drugs, jump people in the streets - horrible people really.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

TheDLRbeeotch
Amityville Member

Post by TheDLRbeeotch » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:31 pm

I have to bring myself down to many of your levels.. Therefore I digress momentarily.

This is my last post on this board, I've wasted enough of my time.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Ryan Katzenbach wrote: You, and your little cohorts sit on this fukking board and spew your shite under a bu ll shyte screen name
As a relatively new member to the board and to the Geraldine-based theories, I think I can offer a fresh perspective. Ryan, it really does look like you're the one looking to silence the critics by immature bullying in order to avoid critical appraisal of your work, regardless of any issue of merit.

I also suspect that the name you chose for the board has to do only with wanting people to know that you are the same guy who did the film, who is already in the public eye. This is an open forum and nobody here but me knows for sure that I'm not some dangerous kind of mental case. Therefore as a principle of respect, until they tell me otherwise, everyone on this board is using their real names and the images to the left of their posts are accurate photographs of them.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:33 pm

I have to bring myself down to many of your levels.. Therefore I digress momentarily.
How old are you? :think:

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Therefore as a principle of respect, until they tell me otherwise, everyone on this board is using their real names and the images to the left of their posts are accurate photographs of them.
Tell me. do I look fat? ;)

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Shawn wrote:
Therefore as a principle of respect, until they tell me otherwise, everyone on this board is using their real names and the images to the left of their posts are accurate photographs of them.
No but you have nice....well enough said. :lol:

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:42 pm

DC Fan wrote:
Shawn wrote:
No but you have nice....well enough said. :lol:
:clap:

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:46 pm

DC, for the one fact that you were so truthful to me, thank you btw, i must be truthful with you. This is really me:

;)

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:08 pm

TheDLRbeeotch wrote:Dan wrote, "Your statement is hypocritical because you condemn the bullying of others, and yet condone it when it suits your purposes." its called defending ones self and I will defend myself If I feel the need to.. So F off Dan... I didn't cast the first stone d*ck weed.
Nothing wrong in coming here and defending your boyfriend, but don't disguise it as some sort of moral injustice that causes you to storm in here and condemn us. Defend him all you like -- but it's still hypocritical for you to cry foul for bullying when you're using the exact same tactics. No matter how you slice it.

But then again, like Ryan, you can't really argue the facts of the case with us, so you pretty much have to stick with the "bullying" angle. It's okay. I understand... :roll:

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Are sales not going well or something? Instead of trashing us, go out and promote your movie. This is getting ridiculous. I find it odd that certain members of this board cannot post on your FB page, Ryan, but you, and anyone else are welcome to come here and state your opinions even though you are violating the rules.

And I am signing my real name to this post.

Kat Thomas aka TigresMeow
Kat being short for Kathleen
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:51 pm

TigresMeow wrote:And I am signing my real name to this post.
Which is more than "Clarice" has done...