Ronnie vs Manson Girls

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Ronnie vs Manson Girls

Post by leathermonkey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:20 pm

It just hit me... Ronnie and the Manson girls were about the same age, possibly on drugs, were exceptionally brutal with their crimes, and had very high profile cases. Although the Manson crew are mostly "born again christian", which is very common in prisoners, to look good in front of the parole board, I truly believe that they are now very changed people, and are sorry for what they did, after 40 years in the clink. Susan Atkins died a horrible death in prison ( karma), and the others have made drastic changes in their lives. They have accepted responsibility, and no longer just blame it on Charlie. I'm not saying 3 of them should ever see the light of day again, but to me, Ronnie is way worse. He killed his own blood & refuses to take any blame. Charlie himself doesn't think he did anything wrong, but at least he is straightforward.... honest about the fact that he is totally nuts... In my opinion, Leslie Van Houten should possibly have a chance at parole someday, but no way in the world should we waste any more tax dollars even giving Ronnie parole hearings anymore. He is clearly just a POS with no remorse, and full of lies, lies, lies. Sorry for the rant. Just boils my blood that after this long to think about what he did, he is still has the same attitude... What do you all think?

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Re: Ronnie vs Manson Girls

Post by csullivan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:52 pm

"born again christian" or not ...they are still killers and should not be let out in society...i do not agree in that Leslie Van Houton should be set free ever..Charlie is a psycho as well as Ronnie is...and yes i do agree with you about Ronnie being worse because he killed his own family...also Ronnie refuses to take total blame for his families death and Charlie thinks he did nothing wrong as you have said...if Charlie is honest about the fact that he is totally nuts...we all already knew that ...i still dont think these two were born this way i think it had something to do with their childhood and what went on ,how they were raised...this is just my opinion

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:32 am

Well, it will be kind of interesting to see what Ronnie has to say at this year's parole.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:35 am

This is just a waste of time. Ronnie isn't getting out.

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:This is just a waste of time. Ronnie isn't getting out.
That is true. None of these killers will ever get out. The cases were so high profile, that nobody in their right mind will sign off on any of them.

bella2005
Great Scott!

Post by bella2005 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 pm

kathyM wrote:Well, it will be kind of interesting to see what Ronnie has to say at this year's parole.
I am guessing it will have to do with him being "possessed" as referenced in that horrible show a few months ago.

Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Post by Baphomet666 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 am

kathyM wrote:Well, it will be kind of interesting to see what Ronnie has to say at this year's parole.
More then likely arrangements for his burial in the correctional cemetary.
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz

Matt
Amityville Member

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 pm

I think that even after all these years no one truly knows what Ronnie Jr did except for Ronnie Jr.

If the law allows him a parole hearing, then he should have it. Laws are put into place for a reason, even if we sometimes personally disagree with them.

The Manson case was multi-faceted and complex as is Manson himself. Studying that case in detail is mind bending to say the least.... particularly if one chooses to dig a little deeper than the standard fare.

I think Manson probably looked at the Amityville murders as evidence that he was on the right track about modern society being anathema to the youth of the time. Remember, he said that the youth would rise up and kill their parents. He probably thought of Ronnie as a soldier to that cause.

Interesting thread.

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Post by csullivan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Matt wrote: I think Manson probably looked at the Amityville murders as evidence that he was on the right track about modern society being anathema to the youth of the time. Remember, he said that the youth would rise up and kill their parents. He probably thought of Ronnie as a soldier to that cause.
the Tate and LaBiannca murders by Manson happened in 1969...the Defeo murders happened in 1974...not sure what you are getting at

Matt
Amityville Member

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:25 pm

csullivan wrote: the Tate and LaBiannca murders by Manson happened in 1969...the Defeo murders happened in 1974...not sure what you are getting at
I'm not really getting at anything.

During his trial Manson said that the children would soon rise up against the establishment. A few years later Defeo killed his parents (and family). The Defeos were just the sort of wealthy, successful materialists that Manson despised. If he (Manson) had read about the Defeo murders, he would have likely thought that his ideas were represented/exemplified therein.

Not suggesting a hard connection.

By the by, I don't think Charlie is nuts. He has an unusual world view born of unusual circumstances but I'd fall short of calling him nuts or comparing him to Defeo. Ronnie might just be nuts. Charlie, not so much.

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Post by csullivan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:41 pm

ok...i was a little confused at what you were saying at first but i understand what you are saying now and welcome to the board

Cole00
Amityville Member

Post by Cole00 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 am

Whatever the reason was he did what he did and he paid the price with his life.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:33 pm

In this Op-Doc video, Ms. Krenwinkel provides her first on-camera interview since 1994, reflecting on her life before and after Manson. This week is the 45th anniversary of her crimes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/05/opini ... .html?_r=0

Fnord
Amityville Member

Post by Fnord » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:51 am

Caught that last night on Hulu.

She's still amazed by her own ability to 'choose'. That's sort of a pattern in this case.

Heh, I forgot I had that 'Matt' account. Must have created it when I could no longer get into my 'Carnivale' account.