The Truth About Geraldine Gates

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: The Truth About Geraldine Gates

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat May 19, 2012 4:26 am

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Thanks, Linda, and everyone for the encouragement. I just want to move on past all the negativity. I understand some people don't agree with the film, and people think Geraldine is a fraud. And that's their right for God sake. Express your opinion, move on.

This story is about the DeFeo murders. Period. What happened in that house 37 years ago. Geraldine tells her account of what she either knows first hand or what DeFeo told her in prison visitation -- whatever way you look it, that's it. Period. As you guys will see in Part II, the amount of information in P2 really diluted Geraldine's account significantly, and the criminal element of the investigation and the trial takes over. There is far, far, far more of this story that has nothing to do with Geraldine
Absolutely criminal.

It was your job to present her as a **possible** witness, not as the bona fide wife, both in interview and in your reconstructions.

At what point were the audience given a chance to decide her validity to the story?

:roll:

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Sat May 19, 2012 10:06 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Thanks, Linda, and everyone for the encouragement. I just want to move on past all the negativity. I understand some people don't agree with the film, and people think Geraldine is a fraud. And that's their right for God sake. Express your opinion, move on.

This story is about the DeFeo murders. Period. What happened in that house 37 years ago. Geraldine tells her account of what she either knows first hand or what DeFeo told her in prison visitation -- whatever way you look it, that's it. Period. As you guys will see in Part II, the amount of information in P2 really diluted Geraldine's account significantly, and the criminal element of the investigation and the trial takes over. There is far, far, far more of this story that has nothing to do with Geraldine
Absolutely criminal.

It was your job to present her as a **possible** witness, not as the bona fide wife, both in interview and in your reconstructions.

At what point were the audience given a chance to decide her validity to the story?

First of all she presents her knowledge as first hand information not what she was told. We know for a fact she has no first hand information at all and completely lied. He presents these lies that she mad eup as facts though even going so far as to "reenact" events that never actually happened and that she made up thus they are not reenactments at all.

If she had actually presented her knowledge as what she was supposedly told not what she witnessed then she has only second-hand information. Second-hand information given to her more than a decade after the fact. Aside from the fact such is already unreliable we know she cooked up lies with DeFeo so making anything he told her even mor eunreliable and in fact he denies telling her certain things. I can't thik of anything less reliable except what she did- blatantly falsely presenting herself as a winess.

As you point out none of this is revealed to Katzenbach's viewers at all nor is the fact that all of DeFeo's friends recanted and that a court of law thoroughly rejected the notion he was married after hearing testimony fromt he relevant parties. Katzenbach was unable or refused to interview the relevant parties but they did testify and did file affidavits including affidavits for the case against him which means he knows all about this evidence that is out there proving Geraldine a fraud.

In fact he is aware of the Pisani deeds too and hilariously suggests that they were fraudulently filed with Broome County. It is the usual Katzenbach nonsense where we are supposed to disbelieve all reliable evidence and believe all allegations he makes without a shrred of evidence. The man is a joke period.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue May 29, 2012 4:45 am

Ryan comes out swinging...
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:Ric and I get a lot of email with people who want to have conversations about the DeFeo case. Sometimes, these convos have interesting outcomes. This document was sworn in 2002, and was subsequently filed in defense of several lawsuits filed against us by Ronnie DeFeo in 2003, 2004. The veracity of this document has never been contested. Seems Ronnie likes to run his mouth...
The affidavit by "JO ANN" can be read on the FB page.
JO ANN wrote:To sum up, throughout our friendship, he maintained the fact that he had a wife/ex-wife who was named Gerladine. They were married and living together at the time of the murders. He also had a daughter named Stephanie, born in August of 1974.
This friendship occured around 1989-93, when Ronnie was already pushing the marriage story in those affidavits, so this add NOTHING to the argument.

"The veracity of this document has never been contested" - probably because it's never been seen in public before :roll: And again, it does nothing to PROVE Gerri was around pre-'74, it just shows he told another potential "wife" that he had a daughter and was still married to Gerri (which apparently he was in 1990, because they married the previous year in prison)

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:And in case anyone is interested, Barbara Puco, DeFeo's second wife did turn over all of her personal letters and photos to us. I am the only producer who can say he had dinner with Wife 1 and Wife 2 who had to sit through a disgusting talk about DeFeo's sexual prowless and talks over the length of his penis, which the two wives articulated, to my utter dismay, in candid and graphic detail. And,the details articulated are in perfect harmony...

‎...And, suffice to say.....Ronnie Jr. Told Barbara that he was married and had a daughter named Stephanie....when, frankly, there was no reason for him to do so other than his own candid honesty. And his statements match all of the statements given by the Legal Dept. at Green Haven Correctional facility....all of which are part of a 2003 legal filing, under the penalty of perjury, which our opponents wish to simply ignore and pretend doesn't exist.
Again, this adds nothing... so he told Barbara - who came along in the 90's - about Gerri and Stephanie... And..?
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:Shortly folks, there are going to be some new legal.pleadings for you to read that deal with assertions that Geraldine Gates bilked the DeFeos out of money. This is about to get interesting, folks, so stick around!
:|

I'm not sure why he keeps reminding customers what shaky ground he's built his story on...

Finish the docs - they should speak for themselves!

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue May 29, 2012 6:09 am

Sounds to me like he is desperate and trying to hold on to the few people he has left waiting to buy the next doc part 2.

None of this stuff he is spouting is new or even important to the case. It doesnt even prove anything other than what we already know, that Ronnie is a liar.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue May 29, 2012 9:49 am

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:Shortly folks, there are going to be some new legal.pleadings for you to read that deal with assertions that Geraldine Gates bilked the DeFeos out of money. This is about to get interesting, folks, so stick around!
Did someone make such an assertion? How could she bilk money from the DeFeos if she never knew them in the first place?

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Ryan comes out swinging...
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:Ric and I get a lot of email with people who want to have conversations about the DeFeo case. Sometimes, these convos have interesting outcomes. This document was sworn in 2002, and was subsequently filed in defense of several lawsuits filed against us by Ronnie DeFeo in 2003, 2004. The veracity of this document has never been contested. Seems Ronnie likes to run his mouth...
The affidavit by "JO ANN" can be read on the FB page.
JO ANN wrote:To sum up, throughout our friendship, he maintained the fact that he had a wife/ex-wife who was named Gerladine. They were married and living together at the time of the murders. He also had a daughter named Stephanie, born in August of 1974.
This friendship occured around 1989-93, when Ronnie was already pushing the marriage story in those affidavits, so this add NOTHING to the argument.

"The veracity of this document has never been contested" - probably because it's never been seen in public before :roll: And again, it does nothing to PROVE Gerri was around pre-'74, it just shows he told another potential "wife" that he had a daughter and was still married to Gerri (which apparently he was in 1990, because they married the previous year in prison)

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:And in case anyone is interested, Barbara Puco, DeFeo's second wife did turn over all of her personal letters and photos to us. I am the only producer who can say he had dinner with Wife 1 and Wife 2 who had to sit through a disgusting talk about DeFeo's sexual prowless and talks over the length of his penis, which the two wives articulated, to my utter dismay, in candid and graphic detail. And,the details articulated are in perfect harmony...

‎...And, suffice to say.....Ronnie Jr. Told Barbara that he was married and had a daughter named Stephanie....when, frankly, there was no reason for him to do so other than his own candid honesty. And his statements match all of the statements given by the Legal Dept. at Green Haven Correctional facility....all of which are part of a 2003 legal filing, under the penalty of perjury, which our opponents wish to simply ignore and pretend doesn't exist.
Again, this adds nothing... so he told Barbara - who came along in the 90's - about Gerri and Stephanie... And..?
:|

I'm not sure why he keeps reminding customers what shaky ground he's built his story on...

Finish the docs - they should speak for themselves!
Too much information about Butch's "prowness". Ryan probably got off on that. JacobMarley, sounds like Ronnie is getting lots of action in prison, just not what your fantasies were about.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:08 pm

10 July at 00:59...
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:Mr. Pisani, in my opinion, based on the facts, just simply makes up his account as he progresses forward. The truth today is whatever he needs it to be. "Ryan is a coward, Ryan is a liar....Ryan is defrauding the public by presenting my mother's story as the gospel." First, I am not a coward, I am not a liar and I have been very candid about Geraldine Gates.
:think:

As she was always set up as the real-deal - even in Part 1 she's the real-deal - this can only be called backtracking... So unless he re-edits Part 1 he's in no position to say "I have been very candid about Geraldine Gates" which I take to mean it's "up to the viewer" to decide her legitimacy...

Not when the viewer is given no choice it isn't.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:08 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:10 July at 00:59...
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:Mr. Pisani, in my opinion, based on the facts, just simply makes up his account as he progresses forward. The truth today is whatever he needs it to be. "Ryan is a coward, Ryan is a liar....Ryan is defrauding the public by presenting my mother's story as the gospel." First, I am not a coward, I am not a liar and I have been very candid about Geraldine Gates.

As she was always set up as the real-deal - even in Part 1 she's the real-deal - this can only be called backtracking... So unless he re-edits Part 1 he's in no position to say "I have been very candid about Geraldine Gates" which I take to mean it's "up to the viewer" to decide her legitimacy...

His claim he has always been candid is nonsense. To be candid would be to admit she recanted all her claims under oath and how all ROn's friends did the same and even Nonnewitz denied she was around and to admit that AT MOST she can relay what Ron told her and admit that what Ron told her was geared towards achieving his release which he admits was complete fairytales and which was proven to be fairytales in court already.

Nor is he candid about the gun he found intentionally distorting to make it sound like he found the very caliber of gun he was searching for when the gun he found can be 3 different calibers and has an equal chance of being any of the 3 and moreover that it CAN'T POSSIBLY be a .38 special which is in fact the caliber he was searching for. Moreover it is for sure none of the models of gun he was looking for and even his own experts say that the gun can't have been tossed in intact or the barrel would be right alongside it even if the scre has rotted over the years because it would not have been able to float out of the mud on its own. Thus the manner of disposal is totally inconsistent with the disposal of the rifle. Seems pretty ridiculous that the rifle with Ron's prints used for what Katzenbach claims is 7 of the 8 shots would be tossed in the water fully intact, still loaded, without wiping his prints off and yet a revovler used allegedly for only 1 shot would be stripped apart and the various parts thrown in separate locations including the spent sheel and extra bullets not fired. Admitting the truth would be to admit how unlikely that truly would be. Katzenbach is about selling a fraud plain and simple.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:18 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:

This is from Ryan’s ridiculous lawsuit against Peter...
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Whether she knew DeFeo before the murders, or post 1985 is debatable, and frankly, a matter of opinion for the viewer to decide.
...so let’s take a closer look at what the viewer was given to base their decision on.

First we have we have Ryan Katzenbach STATING FOR A FACT that Geraldine knew Dawn DeFeo...
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Dawn’s angst for this whole family situation kind of boils-out in this creative fashion. And she knew Geraldine was a musician, she knew that she was good with lyrics, and was good with writing music.
...then we have Geraldine STATING FOR A FACT that she was living with Ronnie in New Jersey in November of 1974...
Geraldine Gates wrote:Often I think about the night that the phone call came from his mother to our house.
...then we have Ric Osuna STATING FOR A FACT that Geraldine was living with Ronnie in New Jersey in November of 1974...
Ric Osuna wrote:Dawn DeFeo decided to grab a knife and go after her father. Well, Big Ronnie was big enough to stop that real quick. Louise knew that it was a serious event, so she called Butch DeFeo at his house in New Jersey with Geraldine.
...and then we have Ed Asner STATING FOR A FACT that Geraldine was living with Ronnie in New Jersey in November of 1974...
Ed Asner wrote:Butch DeFeo made the ninety-mile drive to Amityville from his and Geraldine’s home in Elberon, NJ at breakneck speed.

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:34 am

Wow. I mean, how can this farce continue when so much is out there supporting actual "facts" versus these yarns? This project is built on sinking sands...just humiliating. :doh:
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 am

I think the party is over. I dont think there is any interest in the documentary anymore. The first one was not so good and too much time has passed now for the next parts. What, there are maybe 20 people on the movie page who will buy part 2? Not enough to continue with this project.

Of course this is only my OPINION and I am allowed to have an opinion on this subject without being subjected to being sued, another reason why people might not buy the next parts.

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:27 am

Good point, Kathy. The blowback has mainly come from the creator himself. This is what I was touching in previous posts regarding protecting his brand. This points to his inadequacies as a professional filmmaker. The attempts at engaging the public's interest has been so compromised based on his own actions or lack of thorough research and the misrepresentation of his intent, as it changes as this project "moves" along. I know as a customer, I would not purchase the remaining parts. I lost interest solely due to the elongated delay in releasing Part 2. His product isn't even ready for release. On top of which, every stance he reports he's taken is chopped down to pieces and makes me as a customer question the entire documentary. I don't understand the intent of stating "this is the truth" when it's based on a fallible tome (TNTDD) and the askew tainted perspective of its creator and the mountain of absurdity as provided by Ms. Gates concerning the DeFeo family...a family she never knew personally, but the creator wants us to believe she did.

It's humiliating to present your facts to only have them returned to you for poor follow up, research. Insanity...doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

:2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 am

astonio wrote:This project is built on sinking sands...
And amazing that Ryan didn't recognize this, especially after everyone from the Hoax Board jumped ship from the SS Gerri so many years back (after Tracey did such a thorough job exposing Geraldine as a fraud on her website).

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:32 pm

kathyM wrote:I think the party is over. I dont think there is any interest in the documentary anymore.
Not outside his Facebook page. The hoax isn't fooling the public at large.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 pm

From the Shattered Hopes website...

http://amityvillefilm.com/FamilyTies.html
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:In the time after the murders, Geraldine was told by certain figures, including Butch DeFeo's maternal grandfather Michael S. Brigante, that she could no longer use the name DeFeo or assert that she and Butch were married.

Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Therefore, the mob families erased Geraldine's marriage records and any indication that she and Butch had been legally connected in an effort to protect her from wrongful prosecution.
...so according to Ryan Katzenbach...following the murders...the mob erased marriage records and any other indication that Geraldine and Ronnie had ever been legally connected.

But if we take a look at the Katco edition of The Night the DeFeos Died (i.e. the edition published by Ryan Katzenbach)...
Geraldine Gates and Ric Osuna wrote:Explaining the burdensome affair of visiting Butch, Geraldine said, “I was Mrs. DeFeo, so I had to look the part. I was expected to arrive with layers of makeup and in the expensive clothes Butch had bought me.
Geraldine Gates and Ric Osuna wrote:By touting his fame, and greasing the palm of a guard or two, Butch made sure that his wife was given priority when visiting. “Once I arrived at the facility, I’d be waved to the front of the line and escorted through the metal detector. It didn’t matter that it buzzed when I went through. I was never strip-searched or asked to take off the copious amounts of jewelry I had on. This favoritism did not go over well with the other women waiting in the long line to see their own men,” Geraldine said.
...we get accounts of Geraldine visting Ronnie in prison AS HIS WIFE.

So which is it?

Was Geraldine's marriage to Ronnie concealed or not?

Evidently...Ryan Katzenbach isn't sure.

PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Post by PeterPisani » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:35 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
kathyM wrote:I think the party is over. I dont think there is any interest in the documentary anymore.
Not outside his Facebook page. The hoax isn't fooling the public at large.

In which case, I did what I set out to do. Despite having the police called on me,lies told about me and my family,Lawsuits and death threats. How do his fans miss the fact that as RYAN and RIC and the rest validate I am who I state, I am not accounted for? That right there proves out the lie. Right from the gate. The lengths gone to to silence me are just awe inspiring. Truly. A few of his fans actually have contacted me and are truly "Shocked" that they paid for lies. Please explain to your huge fan base Ryan, why you admit I am Peter Pisani,son of Geraldine, Product of a Marriage never mentioned, That happened when my Mother was supposed to be married to Ronald....and You are suing me, and my family has done everything in it's collective power to destroy me? Just like your lawsuit states....I ruined yer business. Just like I planned.Never denied it, and I am in fact proud of it. Because you wouldnt and still wont admit you lied. It's ok. I think we have proved that very well. Keep on Keeping on guys. I will watch parts 2 and 3 if they ever come out. FOR FREE AGAIN. (Now try and sue me again because your own fans send me movies)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:49 pm

PeterPisani wrote:I ruined yer business.
Their business plan of selling the DVD themselves with no advertising, giving out barely a few preview copies, refusing to restock at Amazon, taking eight months between chapters, and needing to sue anyone who disagrees with them... it was destined to fail anyway.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Truth or Consequences wrote:NOW WHATS JILLS NAME MAN???? HUH???? CONTACT TRENTON WHERE WAS WHE BORN AND WHERE DID SHE LIVE ?????? 54 COTTAGE PLACE LONG BRANCH NJ! YEP THATS ME MAN!

So when Jill Corey was born on October 3, 1965...her mother (Geraldine) lived at 54 Cottage Place...which was where Geraldine's mother and father (Ann and Ralph Rullo) lived.

So why has Ryan Katzenbach stated otherwise?

From here...

http://amityvillefilm.com/FamilyTies.html

...we get...
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:In 1963, when Geraldine was but 17, and after numerous outings from her parent's rule, she met and married Fred Corey.
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:But, as she became pregnant with their first child, Stacy, Geraldine was able to lobby her father for the couple's independence and privacy, and thus the Corey's were able to get their own residence outside of Rullo rule.
Ryan Katzenbach wrote:Fred and Geraldine were married for a tumultuous period of about 5 years, wherein she had daughters Jill and Stacy with Fred. The relationship, says Geraldine, was abusive, and she tolerated it as long as she could. By late 1967, she and Fred had separated with Geraldine and her girls moving home.
...since Stacey is older than Jill...and since Jill was born in 1965...then Geraldine would have became pregnant with Stacey in 1963 or 1964.

And according to Ryan...Geraldine would have moved out of the Rullo home in 1963 or 1964.

And also according to Ryan...Geraldine did not return to the Rullo home until late 1967.

So why was Geraldine living at the Rullo home when she gave birth to Jill on October 3, 1965?

And if Fred Corey had left the Rullo home in 1963 or 1964...why was his address listed as 54 Cottage Place when he appeared in court on December 19, 1967...

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:00 am

WOW :shock: ...she and I have the same birthday. 10/3

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:54 pm

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS
TELL US: What are you hoping to see in Shattered's Part II?

Tony
More on Geraldine Defeo and her credibility.

Geraldine's veracity folds into the forensic discussion in P3. Without giving a lot away about what you're going to see in P2, "Mob, Mayhem. Murder" is both an "official" and "unofficial account"
:?:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Tim
Does anyone know how William Webber and the Lutzs' met each other? Was it at a party?

I know Butch DeFeo loves to tell stories, but he recently stated in Jackie Barrett's book that they knew each other prior to the murders -- and I believe he stated how, but, now, for the life of me, I can't remember. In every lie that Butch tells, there's a little bit of truth -- so this compounded with the other rumors that they might have known each other seems to possibly indicate a little truth? Just my thoughts...
What's wrong with Geraldine's first-hand account where they meet AFTER the murders, but before 112?

It's in the book you have based your documentaries on.

:doh: