2009 parole hearing transcripts

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: 2009 parole hearing transcripts

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat May 15, 2010 12:56 pm

I would think so. I think being in prison messes up everyone psychologically.

Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Post by Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:26 am

I agree with you Dan. I wonder what a normal day is like for Ronnie in prison. I also wonder if the other convicts know who Ronnie Defeo is?
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home

surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Post by surferguy72 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 am

I wonder if he has internet access in prison and reads what we got to say about him on this site. :lol: :lol:

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Post by Link the Labrador » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:44 pm

If he had internet, I don't think he goes on this site. Nor do I think he cares about what we think.

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Along the line of THINKING, I guess it would be POSSIBLE for him to not only P.M. us, but to chat with us if time permitted..... :D I'm pretty sure Tracey has said something to him by now.
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Post by Grim_Reaper » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:25 am

somehow i doubt that he, or any prisoner for that matter, would have internet access. after all most of a prisoners comunication with thouse outside teh prison system is likely monitored and how easy would monitoring internet access be?

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Re:

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:22 am

Dan the Damned wrote:And when you live in an institutional setting for 35 years, you get used to people telling you what to do next, when to eat, when to shower. Your food and clothes and everything is given to you. You don't have to worry about finding and keeping a job or providing for your family.

So when you get out, I'd imagine it's very hard re-adjusting to the outside world. Plus I'd think not a lot of people would want to hire an ex-con.

And let's face it -- the job he had prior to prison was a cushy job at his father's car dealership, where he could come and go as he pleased. Not only do I agree with Howard that Ronnie probably can't fuction in society if he ever gets paroled -- I also don't think Ronnie could function in society before he went into prison...
True - Ronnie was a pretty useless and selfish human being before prison. But he's got his grandmother's inheritance to fall back on if he's ever released. The likes of Ronald DeFeo Jr won't have to hold down a menial job.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:59 am

Holy conspiracy, Batman. Everyone was involved in the DeFeo family. Crooked cops, judges, the mafia.

Wonder why they blacked out the names of the other DeFeo children when all the victims names are on the public record.

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 am

I thought that was Great Dan protecting the children's privacy. :think:

Come 2011, Ronnie could sit there and rationally explain exactly what happened, from start to finish. And people would think he was having us on again. So he probably figures that fiction is more interesting than fact.

Then again, he may have a gag order against implicating any accomplices (whether the same ones from the past, or ones he's been keeping secret) that would hinder his release?

Could be Rocco DeFeo was the accomplice, since he told everyone in the family to "shut up, don't say no more, this is family!" Hence, why he allowed Ronnie to be taken away and secretly held in an non-disclosed police precinct so no lawyers could find him, so he could pay off the cops to frame Butchie.

Rocco is dead now, isn't he? Time to confess, Ronnie. Implicate Grandpa now.

They say "truth is stranger than fiction," but I believe in this case, it would be like popping a balloon. All the fun would go out of it.

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:35 am

The truth would probably be quite the anti-climax. People like the mystery of how a lone gunman could shoot his family from atop the Book Depository; how they were all on their stomachs; how nobody got out of bed.

If it was explained to us, with an accomplice, the mystery would be gone from our lives. The Amityville Horror mystique would cease; we would be forced to go back to concentrating on our day jobs instead of looking over our shoulders at work on this site.

In short, keep lying Ron. You're of more use to us this way. That's sad to say, but it is the truth - and Ronnie may be stupid in a lot of ways, but in this way he's quite smart. He knows he'd become a big nobody if he told the truth in a convincing way.

We're here after all these years because of the lies. Or because of the un-truths (take your pick).

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:43 am

One other thought I had: what if Ronnie can't tell the truth, for fear of being caught in a lie with his wife? What if he was afraid of Tracy divorcing him if she heard him confessing to killing the kids, and that's why he makes up the ridiculous story about how Dawn killed the kids and he wrestled Dawn for the rifle afterwards.

I don't get why the Parole board don't contradict Ronnie's lies, especially that one about how he wrestled Dawn (after subdueing her and her Kung-Fu) and shot her point-blank. How could he have successfully covered the body the way the body was covered, all clean sheets and covers 'n such? Then the freaky clean headboard, free of blood. Ordinarily, from the angle of the wound, the blood and brain matter would be splattered every which way. Was Ronnie such a good cleaner that he got all that blood up himself?

Guess it isn't the job of the Parole board to catch people in lies. Guess they just give you enough rope to hang yourself and your chances for freedom.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Wonder why they blacked out the names of the other DeFeo children when all the victims names are on the public record.
Jacobmarley1 wrote:I thought that was Great Dan protecting the children's privacy.
Nah, that's how the transcripts arrived. As they put it, "the redactions made to these documents are required because the subject information is confidential by State law." I think the names of the victims were probably censored by mistake.

Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Post by Grim_Reaper » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:23 pm

either that or it was an attomatic thing to do that where the names of minors are concerned, no matter how old they would have been today

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 am

Yes, possibly... But in all honesty, I don't see them taking the time to research the facts in the case, to check into who it is Ronnie may be talking about and what their ages were and things like that. These transcripts come from New York's Division of Parole -- I can only imagine how many open cases they have on file! :shock:

Just giving the transcripts a quick glance, it looks like every name was censored except for Ronnie's name (and Bruce Lee, which was only used as an adjective).

BTW, funny story -- when I sent for these transcripts, one of the letters the parole board sent me was mistakenly put in my neighbor's mailbox (with the big "DIVISION OF PAROLE" return address). I wonder if my neighbors now think I am a parolee from New York? :?

Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Post by Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:09 am

LOL....That is funny Dan....People are going to look at you differently now....Holding their children in the house when you come outside...ROTFL
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 am

LOL Dan! That is funny. Be glad they didn't open the mail and see "Ronald Defeo" Hahahaa.. Nah, most people wouldn't even know who he is... but it makes you wonder what they are thinking now doesn't it?

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Ronnie talks about his big inheritance like he will just live off of that and not need to work. Is it really that much? I mean maybe 30 years ago it was a lot of money but nowdays is it enough for him to live off of?
There is no way he could just move back into society and live his life. He would never make it. I read in High Hopes that he supposidly buried money and jewerly down the street from his house in some park. Maybe he thinks he will live off of that.

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Post by csullivan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:52 am

i really dont thiink ronnie will ever get out all these parole heariings and all have been denied

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 am

ronnie never get out of jail

but maybe the thought of it keep him away from a suicide.
My name is Legion: for we are many.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:26 am

I cant wait for his upcoming parole hearing to hear what new twist to the story he comes up with.
Does he get any therapy in prison? Do they even try to have shrinks talk with him or have they given him up as a lost cause?

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Post by Link the Labrador » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:26 am

Nope. Doubt there are shrinks in prison.