Amityville Member

Re: Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Post by KarinaKay » Wed May 19, 2010 6:41 am

NICE! Thanks - I've posted the link on my bboard :D

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed May 19, 2010 11:45 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:In my view DeFeo's lawyer William Weber is the biggest scammer here, and the one who later convinced people it was all a hoax (for his own egotistcal reasons)
Yes, what Sherb said. Weber claimed the haunting was a hoax, and that he helped create the story with the Lutzes.

Some people see this as "Weber confesses it was all a hoax and that he had a hand in it all."

I don't see it that way at all. I see it as a possible way for Weber to cash in. You see, by claiming the story was fiction, and claiming he had a hand in creating the fiction, he becomes someone who should be legally entitled to a share of the story's profits.

Weber's claims were not made until he took the Lutzes to court, and he didn't take them to court until Anson's book became a huge hit. Weber freely admits the court case was all about money in a 1979 radio interview (transcribed in Kaplan's book The Amityville Horror Conspiracy):
JOEL MARTIN: Would you be suing them now if the book hadn’t done so well? Suppose the book bombed, would you bother suing them for a cut of the action?

WILLIAM WEBER: If the book bombed...no, there would be no sense in suing them because I would have an empty judgment against them.
A confession? Come on. That's like me "confessing" that I helped James Cameron write the story for Avatar (and was entitled to a cut of the profits). :roll: I call shenanigans!

Everyone grab a broom! I call SHENANIGANS!! www.southparkstudios.com/clips/150844/

GeorgeWMcSteamy
Amityville Member

Post by GeorgeWMcSteamy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:13 am

When it comes to the seventh body photo. Anyone who believes after just a cursory examination that the location is the Defeo house, is basically jumping the General Lee over the Grand Canyon of all logic and reason.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Wow...all this...

http://www.amityvillefilm.com/The%20Seventh%20Body.html

...for a mystery that Astonio solved almost four years ago?

And just think...Astonio was able to do it without including bloody photos of Allison. :roll:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:49 am

Not only does he steal the credit, but has the nerve to end with -
It is the hopes of the producers that Karen Marie DeGennaro can rest in peace now that the facts are known.
The only "unrest" she suffered was at the hands of Osuna and Katzenbach in the first place !!

:doh:

ginaesposito
Amityville Member

Re:

Post by ginaesposito » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:11 am

OrangeNblack wrote:Chris Berry-Dee stated on his "pay" site that he and Ric with the help of Geraldine found evidence that the 7th body was a cousin of Dawn Defeo who stayed the night and slept in the basement.
But, he would NOT give any detail where this information came from; only that Geradine "suddenly" remembers there being a relative sleeping over the night the murders took place.

(I have a feeling this will probably be mentioned in this documentary/film/or-whatever-it-is.)

This doesn't even make sense. Why would she be sleeping in the basement when Allison had an extra bed in her room?

ginaesposito
Amityville Member

Post by ginaesposito » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 am

This whole thing is crazy. We are supposed to believe that the Suffolk cops--in the middle of a murder investigation--brought in another body AND set up a bed and a whole crime scene???? Wouldn't they have enough to do. Also what would be the purpose??? :roll:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Exactly, but this was all proved false in the end - the photos were from a different crime scene.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:36 pm

ginaesposito wrote:This whole thing is crazy. We are supposed to believe that the Suffolk cops--in the middle of a murder investigation--brought in another body AND set up a bed and a whole crime scene???? Wouldn't they have enough to do. Also what would be the purpose??? :roll:
What it shows is what frauds Ric Osuna and Geraldine are. If Gerladine actually knew the victims like she claims and had been in the house like she claims then she woudl have known that wasn't the basment of the house and hat it wasn't a relative of the DeFeos. It amazes me anyone gives hism credece after seeing how he mishandled issues like this. Of course his entire book is a joke.