Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Nightshade
Amityville Member
Posts: 25

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Actually the wood paneling is consistent color and grain with the seven victim theory.

Note also the light socket under the shelves and from the view out of the pool room not the indentation in the hard wood floor by the shevles indicating a heavy moved object..



http://www.amityvillefiles.com/house/

Image

Image

If I would harbor a guess the spear bed was located where the shelving was.. The cops observed bringging in the bags of evidence built the shelves and stocked them.


And there was ample room for a spear bed in the basement. Both in the Pool Room or at the bottom of the stairs leading into the basement. Where one would expect a spare bed to be placed for guests (easy accuess to bathrooms upstairs.)


In the Seventh victim Photograph

The supposed window behind the bed is nothing of the sort but a blank wall if one looks closely its nothing but a blind with no sill. Possibly some light box..





msammons wrote:I have looked at crime scene photos on the net and this photo and you can tell it is not the Defeo basement. I don't know why Ric Osuna would perpetuate this idea. The paneling behind the bed where the body is does not exist in the photos of the Defeo basement and when you look at all the crime scene photos you can tell there is no room like that in the basement.

User avatar
msmart112
Amityville_Member
Posts: 1938

Post by msmart112 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:19 pm

If I would harbor a guess the spear bed was located where the shelving was..
Bad guess.

The baseboard heaters are clearly different...

Image

Image
The cops observed bringging in the bags of evidence built the shelves and stocked them.
:roll:
Image

User avatar
msmart112
Amityville_Member
Posts: 1938

Post by msmart112 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Nightshade wrote:The supposed window behind the bed is nothing of the sort but a blank wall if one looks closely its nothing but a blind with no sill. Possibly some light box..
Have you ever heard of shades? :wink:

Image
Image

Nightshade
Amityville Member
Posts: 25

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Have you noticed there are no sills. No base bords no molding and the shades are laying completely flat and rather grunge don't you think.


msmart112 wrote:
Nightshade wrote:The supposed window behind the bed is nothing of the sort but a blank wall if one looks closely its nothing but a blind with no sill. Possibly some light box..
Have you ever heard of shades? :wink:

Image

User avatar
MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville
Posts: 1170
Location: Everywhere

Post by MerchBoi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:46 am

Believe it or not there are homes that don't have baseboards, or molding. Sadly, 112/108 isn't one of those homes. Face it, the 7th Body picture wasn't taken from the DeFeo house at all. Osuna found it and used it for his own (greedy) purposes.

You're basing a lot of theories on the man who based most of his case on Geraldine DeFeo... to which I say: "Oh, Brother."
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

User avatar
Indrid Cold
Amityville Member
Posts: 15
Contact:

Post by Indrid Cold » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:38 pm

you seem to be grasping at straws here. is this ric?

User avatar
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk
Posts: 1625
Location: Inside my own mind

Post by TigresMeow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:42 pm

I believe either Astonio or msmart found a newspaper article about this and posted it on the board in the DeFeo Discussion.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

User avatar
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.
Posts: 666

Post by Tim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Indrid Cold wrote: you seem to be grasping at straws here. is this ric?
How funny, I thought the same thing!!
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

zzvampy
The Black Bralia
Posts: 2521
Location: PA

Post by zzvampy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Tim wrote:
Indrid Cold wrote: you seem to be grasping at straws here. is this ric?
How funny, I thought the same thing!!
Nah, the poster has better grammar than Ric...scary thought, eh? :roll:

User avatar
FoxyJ
Amityville Addict
Posts: 298
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Contact:

Post by FoxyJ » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 am

I watched "Killing Mum And Dad" about the DeFeo murders, shown on Sky last night. I'd seen it previously but hadn't noticed that they used the "Seventh Body" photo to depict Allison when showing the crime scene photos. The programme is fairly old now so, perhaps it was really believed that the photo was of Allison despite the fact it looks nothing like other photos and the painting we've seen of her. Having said that, there are numerous photos of the poor young lady, post mortem, that show clearly the odd-man-out photo could not possibly be her - wrong hair type, wrong nightgown, wrong bed etc., etc.

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

MerrittTheFerret
Amityville Member
Posts: 76

Seventh Body

Post by MerrittTheFerret » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:21 pm

I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, but I remember reading somewhere that there might have been a seventh body in the house when the police found it.
Even though I highly doubt this is true, it does make me wonder: Who would the seventh body be, and why weren't they in the official statements in the newspapers?

User avatar
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover
Posts: 3251
Location: Battle Creek, Michigan

Re: Seventh Body

Post by Chichibcc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:32 pm

[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11902

Re: Seventh Body

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:21 pm

MerrittTheFerret wrote:I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, but I remember reading somewhere that there might have been a seventh body in the house when the police found it.
Even though I highly doubt this is true, it does make me wonder: Who would the seventh body be, and why weren't they in the official statements in the newspapers?
I just merged this into the thread which should answer your questions. There were no official statements about this in the newspapers because it was all BS on Ric Osuna's part. While it's possible that Ric came up with the 7th body theory out of stupidity and a lack of good investigatory skills, I think he knew the theory was BS, but ran with it anyway (in order to provide a selling point for his book).

MerrittTheFerret
Amityville Member
Posts: 76

Re: Seventh Body

Post by MerrittTheFerret » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
MerrittTheFerret wrote:I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, but I remember reading somewhere that there might have been a seventh body in the house when the police found it.
Even though I highly doubt this is true, it does make me wonder: Who would the seventh body be, and why weren't they in the official statements in the newspapers?
I just merged this into the thread which should answer your questions. There were no official statements about this in the newspapers because it was all BS on Ric Osuna's part. While it's possible that Ric came up with the 7th body theory out of stupidity and a lack of good investigatory skills, I think he knew the theory was BS, but ran with it anyway (in order to provide a selling point for his book).
Right, but who the seventh body supposed to be? Was it supposed to be another DeFeo, or somebody who was supposed to be involved? I know it's not real, but what's the motivation, who was it supposed to be?

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11902

Re: Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 am

It's not "supposed" to be anyone, because it didn't happen. This is not a staged photo or faked photo or anything like that. The photo seems to come from a totally different crime scene which went down a few days after the DeFeo murders -- a totally different family in a totally different house.

Osuna's theory was that the police (for some unknown reason) brought back one of the DeFeo bodies to the house (I guess either Dawn or Allison) and put her into a bed in the basement (impossible because it didn't exist) and snapped this photo.

Osuna doesn't know why they would do it, but figured it somehow pointed to a conspiracy by the police to coverup something about the case. But all it really points to is Osuna's lack of critical thinking skills and/or his dishonest desire to fill his book up with more crap in hopes that the controversy might sell a few more copies.

If anyone lives near Suffolk County, feel free to check with the police the crime scene photos for this other crime and see if the photos match. We think this girl is in reality Karen Marie DeGennaro, murdered on Nov 19, 1974, in Lake Ronkonkoma. More info elsewhere in this thread.

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville
Posts: 512
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Post by Link the Labrador » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:It's not "supposed" to be anyone, because it didn't happen. This is not a staged photo or faked photo or anything like that. The photo seems to come from a totally different crime scene which went down a few days after the DeFeo murders -- a totally different family in a totally different house.

Osuna's theory was that the police (for some unknown reason) brought back one of the DeFeo bodies to the house (I guess either Dawn or Allison) and put her into a bed in the basement (impossible because it didn't exist) and snapped this photo.

Osuna doesn't know why they would do it, but figured it somehow pointed to a conspiracy by the police to coverup something about the case. But all it really points to is Osuna's lack of critical thinking skills and/or his dishonest desire to fill his book up with more crap in hopes that the controversy might sell a few more copies.

If anyone lives near Suffolk County, feel free to check with the police the crime scene photos for this other crime and see if the photos match. We think this girl is in reality Karen Marie DeGennaro, murdered on Nov 19, 1974, in Lake Ronkonkoma. More info elsewhere in this thread.
I sincerely hope it's just Osuna filling in the book with more lies, because that's just scary if he lacks the critical thinking skills to determine why it would be implausible for police officers, while on the scene, bring a body into a different room than origionally found in and snap photos. I mean, a HIGH SCHOOLER can figure out why that would be stupid.

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11902

Re: Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Yes. Plus Ric had access to the crime scene photos -- taken that same night -- which prove there was no bed setup in the basement (which is where Ric claims the photo was taken). And there is no mention of Ric asking anyone involved with the case about this photo. He calls himself an investigative journalist, but absolutely fails to investigate this photo.

Where's the followup, Ric?

MerrittTheFerret
Amityville Member
Posts: 76

Re: Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Post by MerrittTheFerret » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:15 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Yes. Plus Ric had access to the crime scene photos -- taken that same night -- which prove there was no bed setup in the basement (which is where Ric claims the photo was taken). And there is no mention of Ric asking anyone involved with the case about this photo. He calls himself an investigative journalist, but absolutely fails to investigate this photo.

Where's the followup, Ric?
Okay, just two questions about Osuna:

One, he's the guy with the enormous mole on his forehead that is scarier than the house itself, right?
Two, has he ever even been in the house? He seems pretty young to be a professional in the field...

I mean, I get that he's probably got a degree in something, but the guy seems young, I don't think he
was even born yet when the murders or maybe even the haunting happened. Just putting that out there.

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11902

Re: Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:33 pm

MerrittTheFerret wrote:One, he's the guy with the enormous mole on his forehead that is scarier than the house itself, right?
Yes, that's the guy. He appears as one of the talking heads in a few different documentaries on the Amityville Horror. The one that comes to mind immediately is the "City Confidential" piece. Although according to a more recent pic one of our members came across a while back, Ric has gotten his mole removed. Either that or he did a photoshop on that one recent pic.
MerrittTheFerret wrote:He seems pretty young to be a professional in the field... I mean, I get that he's probably got a degree in something....
"The Night the DeFeos Died" is the only book Ric Osuna has ever written. In this book, Ric states that he is an investigative journalist.

In 2004, Ric was deposed by George Lutz' lawyer, who asked Ric what makes him an investigative journalist. It seems Ric just liked the title and gave it to himself, despite not having actually ever been an investigative journalist at all. Here is an outtake:
  • Q. You've referred to yourself as an investigative journalist; correct?

    A. Yes.

    Q. Is that what you are?

    A. I refer to myself as an investigative author, now. I mean, I consider my work of the standard of investigative journalism, but I never got a degree as a Quote, unquote, journalist.

    Q. So, the standard of investigative journalism -- you do your homework; right?

    A. Yes, sir.

    Q. You confirm your sources.

    A. Yes.

    Q. You -- if you have any kind of questionable source you get a second source to support; right?

    A. Correct.

    Q. Generally, on anything you're stating you want a double source, but you can't always get that and sometimes you have to use some license against that; right?

    A. License --

    Q. Investigative journalism has an unwritten rule that you want a double source, but if you can't get one --

    A. Right.

    Q. -- it's still okay to use a single source?

    A. Well, I mean, I suppose if that's the definition you're giving for investigative journalism, I wouldn't know. I mean, the fact is, I agree with everything you said up to that point. I feel that if you're going to report something, get as many sources as you can. And if you can't verify something, then you need to say, "I can't verify this."

    Q. Unverified would be no second source; right?

    A. Right. Or no source at all.

    Q. Was the DeFeo Murders written to an investigative journalism standard?

    A. Yes, it was.
I think it's clear that Osuna claimed to be an investigative journalist just to bolster the claims made in his book. To make it seem like he was an expert in investigating such matters, and that he was being fair with the opinions given in his book. You can read the full deposition at this link. It's very entertaining, and gives you a real sense of who Osuna is, how he thinks/reasons, and what happened between him and George.
MerrittTheFerret wrote:...but the guy seems young, I don't think he was even born yet when the murders or maybe even the haunting happened. Just putting that out there.
I'm not sure (offhand) what year Osuna was born. But yeah, if he was alive, he was probably just an infant when the DeFeo murders and the Amityville Horror haunting went down.

Of course that doesn't really make that much of a difference. Rick Moran uses that whole "you weren't even born back then" logic, himself, when attempting to debunk people like us who challenge his claims. I once asked Moran what difference it made whether we were alive in 1976 or not, and his response was something like "well if you were alive back then, you'd see how it all went down in the media, and you'd get the sense of what the general public was thinking about the case." And of course that matters very little with this case. This is not a case about public opinion -- it's a case about evidence and facts (in Moran's case (the murders)). And we can see what the general feeling was like in newspaper articles and books (such as "The Amityville Horror Conspiracy," which notes how many people felt the haunting was true and were fascinated with it.

I even think George has used that line before. "You weren't even born back then -- what do you know." But I disagree with the logic. I don't think people who were alive at the time (like me) know anything more than those who weren't born yet. Only the people in that house knew anything for sure.

So yeah, even though Ric may not have been alive -- I can't hold that against him. The only drawback to not being alive at the time would be that he didn't have the opportunity to interview certain people involved with the case, who, are presently taking their turn at not being alive.

Then again, even if Anson and Gerard Sullivan were still alive, I still doubt Ric would have interviewed them. :rotate:
MerrittTheFerret wrote:Two, has he ever even been in the house?
Ric claims he was given a personal 2-hour guided tour of the Amityville Horror house (by the current owner) in November of 2000. In our forum archives you can find a couple of interesting posts by Ric regarding this dubious claim. Here's one such post from March of 2002, about a year and a half after the supposed tour:
ric112
Moderator
Posts: 829
(3/17/02 10:55:55 pm)
Reply
Re: Urban Legends of Amityville
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gosh, Rock, those are worth a great laugh!

It's like one of those fish stories we've all heard...you know the one how the fish keeps growing a foot longer every time the fisherman tells the story.

Since the book is out, I now can say On-line how I've actually been inside the house. Yep! Back in November 2000, Mr. Brian Wilson invited me to tour the house and hear my research findings. I spent two hours inside and have since developed a friendly understanding with Mr. Wilson. He is a very kind man, but is angered over all of the hoax crap and how it was resurrected on purpose by The History Channel--who he has had his own dealings with. I can't say that I blame him though.

He asked me to keep the tour to myself until the book was released since he wanted people to understand that nobody except family and friends get to see inside his home. Since he knew how much I fought with The History Channel to report the truth, he knew I was a legitimate researcher and invited me inside.

It was a lovely home. No ghosts, no demons and no negative feelings anywhere to be found. Of course, he gave me the grand tour and it was nothing short of remarkable, although the house was a little smaller than I originally expected it to be. I think I liked the boathouse best since I love the water so much. Grr...and I live in the desert.

The one thing I am passionate over is how I want curiosity seekers to leave the current house owners alone. Let 'em live in peace to enjoy their beautiful property. Viewing the house from across the street is one thing, but to go knock on the door is completely wrong!

The Truth Will Set You Free...
Edited by: ric112 at: 3/17/02 11:03:30 pm
What a load of crap! I especially love this line: "He asked me to keep the tour to myself until the book was released since he wanted people to understand that nobody except family and friends get to see inside his home."

How the hell does that make any sense? If Wilson wanted people to know that nobody but family can visit, surely he'd tell Ric to never ever tell anyone he visited. To merely postpone news of Ric's tour does nothing to that end, and makes absolutely no sense!

But this earlier post is a lot better. It comes from May of 2000, six months before Ric's supposed tour (and back when Ric was a believer in the haunting and one of the producers for the History's Mysteries piece):
ric112
Moderator
Posts: 518
Registered: May 2000
posted July 24, 2000 02:36
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
For your info, it's the History Channel not Discovery Channel. Besides, I
don't know what ever gave you the idea that I was attacking you.
Anyway, I talked to Mr. Wilson and he was extremely rude to deal with. We
gave him a chance to show on national TV that his house was not haunted --
he refused. So that makes me believe he either likes the attention or has
something to hide.
So just six months before granting Ric a tour, the "very kind" Mr Wilson was "etremely rude" and flat out refused to show the History's Mysteries people that his house was not haunted.

Now this sounds like the Mr Wilson that we all know -- a man who knows the only thing he can do is deny any and all interviews. Whether he claims the house is haunted or not, it still creates attention for the house and causes more people to come and visit.

Ric doesn't seem to understand that Wilson is nothing at all like the Cromartys. He has learned from their mistakes. He doesn't grant tours to people who have "championed the cause," because he doesn't have a cause. While the Cromartys, in their day, attempted to show the haunting was a hoax, Wilson just wants to be left alone. He wants pro-haunting people to leave him alone, and he wants those who think it was a hoax to leave him alone...

And who wouldn't be rude when dealing with Ric Osuna? ;)

Clearly if Wilson had a desire to show his house wasn't haunted, he'd have taken the opportunity to do it on the History's Mysteries program rather than wait and give Ric Osuna a private tour. It just makes absolutely no sense at all.

I think we can see what's going on pretty clearly when Ric said: "He asked me to keep the tour to myself until the book was released since he wanted people to understand that nobody except family and friends get to see inside his home." Obviously this make no sense, but it does serve to give an excuse as to why Ric never mentioned this private tour back when it happened. It's a childish attempt to explain why he's suddenly making this claim a year and a half after the event. And the claim is most likely made as part of an attempt to make Ric look like more of an authority on the matter -- just as he did with his self-given title of "investigative journalist." :roll:

User avatar
KarinaKay
Amityville Member
Posts: 8
Location: Appalachia America
Contact:

Re: Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Post by KarinaKay » Tue May 18, 2010 8:03 pm

I'm really loving this bboard! I found it while browsing Youtube.

I am a mod on a different paranormal bboard, and most of the members are 100% convinced the Lutz's are scam artists, and they cannot be swayed. Anyway, I digress.

I found this photo on Osuna's website, hocking his book, and it startled me. Other than being graphic, it made no sense.

1) IF there were a 7th body, I have little doubt it would be all over the media

and

2) Photographing Alison in a different location in an attempt to possibly "frame" someone makes even less sense....

This thread, however, makes quite a lot of sense and cleared up the mystery for me :D

And I was going to purchase his book....now I'm going to skip it.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9800
Contact:

Re: Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed May 19, 2010 4:26 am

Welcome to the board!

Yeah, you need to know what you're getting into before reading Ric's book... and once you know, is it still worth buying?

You can always point your members to http://www.amityvillefaq.com for the Amityville FAQ. In my view DeFeo's lawyer William Weber is the biggest scammer here, and the one who later convinced people it was all a hoax (for his own egotistcal reasons)

Post Reply