Ric Osuna's Seventh Body photo

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Yes, her stuff is similar. She is trying to get her hubby out of jail (or at least pretending to). So she definitely has an agenda to warp the facts and play with evidence - and she builds a rickety house of cards based on false information...

I guess my problem with Ric is I still get conflicted with what is going on.

a) Is it a matter of pride that keeps Ric from acknowledging that Gerri wasn't who/what she claimed?

b) Does he realize it, but refuse to admit it due to financial reasons? Due to his book and the upcoming movie?

c) Does he honestly still think Gerri was really married to Ronnie back in the 70s despite all the evidence that has come to light in the past few years? In other words, "no agenda - he believes what he says"...

...or maybe a combination?

I'm not trying to make fun of Ric or anything - I'm just trying to make sense of it all. And a big part of why I am "just not getting it" is because I haven't dealt with Ric on these boards like you guys have - so I'm missing a sense of his everyday character. Ric was gone by the time I came 'round.

Like when it comes to the 7th body, why the heck didn't Ric ask the police about those photos? It seems like he's more interested in keeping the mystery going than in seriously investigate the matter. And I don't know if its because of laziness or some ulterior motive... :?

ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

Post by ToxiMoron » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:04 am

Dan the Damned wrote:
Like when it comes to the 7th body, why the heck didn't Ric ask the police about those photos? It seems like he's more interested in keeping the mystery going than in seriously investigate the matter. And I don't know if its because of laziness or some ulterior motive... :?
It does seem like ulterior motive. Each time a new edition of the book was released, there seemed to be a juicy tidbit included, such as 'newly released photos,' 'new evidence,' not to mention the photo of Mike Brigante's portrait seen for the very first time!!! :P
This may have been addressed somewhere, but I've forgotten--does Ronnie Jr. get any profit from the sale of Ric's books? It seems that RDJ has a pretty good case for defamation of character, or something. Not like his character can get any more 'defamated' than it already is, but I think you know what I'm getting at. :?:
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/MRTODDSTER/HotChixSig.jpg[/img]

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:32 am

msmart112 wrote:
MerchBoi wrote:Who is this Blaine?
Not sure. Maybe Sherb or Krissy know?
Hehe you're getting a bit forgetful in your old age there msmart ... :lol:
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

OrangeNblack
MR-LA-DJ

Post by OrangeNblack » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:30 am

Has anyone ever invited Ric on a show/forum and questioned him where he got his information?
I think it would be a great debate session if someone would standup to him; he thinks he's the only one who knows the DeFeo relatives personally, being giving a tour of 112 Ocean Ave, knows these so called mystery wifes of Ronald Jr, and other things.

I just hope this new documentary isn't his book turned into a movie.
"Keep the colors of orange and black in your heart year round.
I love Halloween."

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:22 am

OrangeNblack wrote:...being giving a tour of 112...
And this is yet another statement of Ric's that I find highly improbable.
Mrs. DeFeo also put me in contact with the current owner of the famed Amityville house, who, after talking to me, realized that I was a legitimate researcher. Our conversations eventually led to an invitation for a guided tour of the house, something he has never granted to people outside of family and friends.

... In fact, two hours into my visit, I completely forgot I was in the Amityville house.
So here Ric claims he got a 2-hour guided tour of the house by the Wilsons. And why? Because he realized Ric was a "legitimate researcher"? Why would that make any difference, even if it were true?

This sounds like something the Cromartys might have done, but Wilson seems to have learned from the mistakes of past owners. Wilson doesn't talk to anyone - no matter which side of the case they are on. He realizes that doesn't matter. He realizes that no matter what he says - be it pro or con - it would be used to drum up unwanted interest in his house.

If he went on TV and proclaimed, "There are no ghosts in my house, and I don't believe there ever were any" - that would still cause people to come out and look at the house. It would refreshen the case in the public's mind.

So no - I don't believe Wilson ever befriended Ric, or gave him a tour. I think Ric is playing on the fact that Wilson doesn't talk publicly (meaning he thinks Wilson would never confirm or deny giving Ric a tour, so he [Ric] would be safe to say whatever he wants).

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:51 pm

its amazing really, the liars that this subject seems to attract.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:18 am

Didn't Maxwell solve the mystery of this photo????? I can swear I read about it somewhere.......

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:21 am

Yes he did. I give the link to it in my ridiculously long post above. :D

amandapanda887
Amityville Addict

check this out!

Post by amandapanda887 » Sun May 11, 2008 3:46 pm

check this out

http://www.amityvillehorrortruth.com/part1.txt

I was looking up stuff trying to see what all I could get about the pictures & autopsies of the family and this is what I found on aol search.

http://aolsearch.aol.com

fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Re: check this out!

Post by fairlyodd_58 » Sun May 11, 2008 3:57 pm

amandapanda887 wrote:check this out

http://www.amityvillehorrortruth.com/part1.txt[url] I was looking up stuff trying to see ... ch.aol.com[/url]

http://www.amityvillehorrortruth.com/part1.txt

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon May 25, 2009 11:25 am

Bumped since we had recent interest in this topic. Lots of good info in this thread. :D

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Dan, how dare you remove pointlessly redundant threads!!!! Image Hope you don't start removing pointless posts, it'll be like I was never here... Image

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 am

Shawn wrote:Didn't Maxwell solve the mystery of this photo????? I can swear I read about it somewhere.......

...er, aHEM....I solved this. :twisted:
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:19 pm

astonio wrote:
Shawn wrote:Didn't Maxwell solve the mystery of this photo????? I can swear I read about it somewhere.......

...er, aHEM....I solved this. :twisted:
Yes, you most certainly did, Sto. :D

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks, Krizzy...I think some may have felt I was boasting or intruding on the post. Sometimes it's mad cold in here....

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:50 am

I thought Arch of Light solved this one... :?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 am

I heard Evanguy is making a video expose on it...

dnddad324
Tedbot is my Canadian beer whore

Post by dnddad324 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:31 pm

I thought we had discussed this at great lengths on the old board. :?:
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/dnddad324.jpg[/img]

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: The “Seventh Body” identified?

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:31 pm

We did. Honestly I wasn't sure what Astonio was talking about, and thought it was a joke. But after ZZ made her post, I looked over this thread and saw the follwing post on page 5:
msmart112 wrote:As many of you know…Ric Osuna has been claiming for over five years that there was possibly a “seventh body” in the DeFeo home after the murders. Ric Osuna felt so strongly about this possibility that he chose to end the second and third editions of his book with a reference to this “seventh body”.

For those of you not familiar with this claim…you can read about it here…

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/seventh.html

Recently…our very own astonio did some digging…and learned that less than a week after the DeFeo murders…a young girl was murdered in Suffolk County in Lake Ronkonkoma...

…shortly thereafter…zzvampy found a similar article…

…the articles describe the victim as an eleven year-old girl who had been stabbed in the chest. The articles also describe the girl as having lived in a ranch style house.

From the picture in the link posted above…the girl indeed appears to be approximately eleven…and she clearly appears to have suffered a chest wound.

I’m still looking into this…but I’m almost positive that this girl who Ric Osuna claims was a “seventh body” found in the DeFeo home was actually Karen Marie DeGennaro of Lake Ronkonkoma...who was murdered almost a full week AFTER Ronnie killed his family.

Ironically enough…Vito Coscia and Ronnie DeFeo actually spent time together in the Suffolk County jail in 1974/1975.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Oh, that's right....I remember this case now...

If this poor young girl is the same person depicted in the "seventh body" photo (which I think she probably is), then at is if she was victimized all over again....just not right! :evil:

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:11 pm

:P