DeFeo car mystery

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Jrs8
Amityville Member

DeFeo car mystery

Post by Jrs8 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:36 am

On a FB page that discusses solely the DeFeo case, a member said to me that at 3:45 am when Debra Constantino passed the house on November 13th there were three cars in the DeFeo driveway but at 7 AM only Louise's car was in the driveway so it's a mystery as to what happened to big Ronnie's car.

This member believes that on the basis of that info that someone outside the family had to be in the house with Butch on the night of the murders, they weren't physically involved with the murders but maybe helped out Butch in some other way? Is it possible or is he clutching at straws?

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Re: DeFeo car mystery

Post by msmart112 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:06 pm

Jrs8 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:36 am
On a FB page that discusses solely the DeFeo case, a member said to me that at 3:45 am when Debra Constantino passed the house on November 13th there were three cars in the DeFeo driveway but at 7 AM only Louise's car was in the driveway so it's a mystery as to what happened to big Ronnie's car.

This member believes that on the basis of that info that someone outside the family had to be in the house with Butch on the night of the murders, they weren't physically involved with the murders but maybe helped out Butch in some other way? Is it possible or is he clutching at straws?
Deborah Cosentino testified that between 3:30 am and 3:45 am on November 13, 1974...she drove past the house going 40 mph to 50 mph...she noticed a station wagon in the driveway...she did not see Ronnie's Wildcat (it was actually an Electra)...and she didn't remember seeing any other cars.

John Nemeth testified that at 7:00 am on November 13, 1974...he noticed two cars in the driveway...a station wagon and a LeSabre.

Jrs8
Amityville Member

Post by Jrs8 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:14 am

So is thee guy talking crap and trying to look for a big conspiracy where there isn't one?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:05 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:06 pm
Jrs8 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:36 am

Deborah Cosentino testified that between 3:30 am and 3:45 am on November 13, 1974...she drove past the house going 40 mph to 50 mph...she noticed a station wagon in the driveway...she did not see Ronnie's Wildcat (it was actually an Electra)...and she didn't remember seeing any other cars.

John Nemeth testified that at 7:00 am on November 13, 1974...he noticed two cars in the driveway...a station wagon and a LeSabre.
She drove past the house doing 40 to 50 mph? :think: Hmm

That's amazing considering there's a three way intersection next to the house with stop signs. Unless this girl ran the stop signs it's impossible to travel at those speeds past the house. Also, it would be hard to see much in the driveway driving at such speed.

You can watch videos online at the time after the murders up till now of cars driving by. When you find one of somebody traveling at those speeds past the house, send me a link.

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:56 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:05 pm
That's amazing considering there's a three way intersection next to the house with stop signs.
I know that the stop sign on S. Ireland Place has always been there. I believe the stop signs on Ocean were added in the 90's or the 2000's.

But either way, driving down the street at that speed, she didn't see a thing.

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:03 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:39 pm
Dan the Damned wrote:...so there's a stop sign pretty much right in front of the house.
Mr. DeFeo had actually lobbied for that stop sign.

From the November 15th, 1974 edition of Newsday...

...and in one of the docs (I "think" one of the History Channel docs)...there's footage where you can see a stop sign in the garage.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm

believer wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:56 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:05 pm
That's amazing considering there's a three way intersection next to the house with stop signs.
I know that the stop sign on S. Ireland Place has always been there. I believe the stop signs on Ocean were added in the 90's or the 2000's.

But either way, driving down the street at that speed, she didn't see a thing.
Driving at those speeds at that hour in the morning is stupid and dangerous down that road. Even if it was only a sign on Ireland, she would have been aware of the possibility of another car pulling out in front of her, so it's highly unlikely she would've been driving that fast, let alone being able to have time to glance over at the home and spot cars, etc. No, I'm not buying that testimony.

I was watching the videos that were taken after the murders just now. I had my headphones on listening to the audio of the cars and trucks going by the house. The police didn't have the road blocked but I did hear the vehicles slowing and stopping, taking off again, both directions from the house. I couldn't make out if there were signs on Ocean but I noticed one car that appeared to stop from the driveway entrance side then take off again.

50 mph and she saw the Defeo driveway and vehicles? In the dark? And that was court testimony? Did anyone in the courtroom question her and this story?

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:58 am

People drive unsafe speeds all the time. Late at night when people are not apt to be walking in the street and there are few cars around people especially do so. Nothing is odd about that.