Some Questions About Dawn

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9688
Contact:

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:26 am

Ok, as of now, BOTH of you stop getting personal with the insults. It's fine to disagree and take the other person to task, but this is a discussion forum, so ideas and conjecture are allowed.

vvi
Amityville Member
Posts: 6

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by vvi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:37 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Ok, as of now, BOTH of you stop getting personal with the insults. It's fine to disagree and take the other person to task, but this is a discussion forum, so ideas and conjecture are allowed.

Either way I have to admit that was funny about the post toasties thing! Should be a forum to allow all convo though provided people keep it cool.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by scipio-USMC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:46 am

kblur77 wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
kblur77 wrote:I see you brought up Akyo again! LOL! Man you are still in a rage about that aren't you? It's your ego, not mine, that can't handle me shutting that boy up with one response. If you really think that he did not read my post to him, then please feel free to send it to him! I'll continue to wait.

You want to challenge me on my music career or anything along those lines, I dare you! This would be comedy to the core, much like that post (grease job) you did on high hopes years ago.

As for your posts, You couldn't post toasties....
...do you want me to lock this thread again?

:think:
Have at it. I'm being acussed on here again of being another person by scipio! The guy is slandering me and you are still allowing it after you told me to tell you of it when he cuts into me again. You have seen his posts on here today, there you are.

How come it's ok for him to go off on me but when I put it back on him you come to his rescue?

I criticized your nonsense about Amityville. Your idea of putting it at me consists of attacking my heritage, fanciful lies about how I was inneffective in debating Akyko and how you chased away Ayko from this section because you are so great even though the reality is you never confronted any of his lies; claiming I am hung up on Ayko even though you brought him up not me. You lost every debate we had badly because you post lies and nonsense not facts or evidence. You made absurd allegations that Stark and Sullivan were crooked and the trial was unfair but when push came to shove you could not back up your claims art all, you raised as evidence things that had nothing to do with Start and Sullivan at trial.

To try to salvage your obliterated ego you resorted to the defense mechanism of projection and claim I am doing what you clearly are doing which is acting like a child. You got your head handed to you the last debate we had over motive. You erroneously suggested the prosecution has to prove motive which is not the case and even ridiculously suggested there were no life insurance policies. Each time you lose you act like a child, run away to another section and post your gibberish there instead of trying to continue a debate.

Your last babble here was to reference some supposed evidence that proves Dawn tried to engage in a fake kidnapping. I challenged you to post such documents and you ran away again. You returned to post childish nosense nothing substantive. I noted the same antics were used by Ayko. It doesn't matter if you are Ayko or not you are just as childish and post just as much nonsense. You ar eincapable of carrying out an actual debate. You post claims that are unsupported and wrong then can't handle it when your erroneous claims are dashed. Then to try to save your ego you strut around claiming you won and launching childish personal insults to avoid debating any further.
Last edited by scipio-USMC on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by scipio-USMC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:55 am

vvi wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:Ok, as of now, BOTH of you stop getting personal with the insults. It's fine to disagree and take the other person to task, but this is a discussion forum, so ideas and conjecture are allowed.

Either way I have to admit that was funny about the post toasties thing! Should be a forum to allow all convo though provided people keep it cool.
You seem to post random things instead of things relevant to a thread. For instance you posted this int he middle of nowhere:

"MAN THAT DOCUMETARY WAS GOOD. I DID NOT KNOW THAT ANOTHER GUN WAS USED! WHY WOULD THE AUTHORITIES COVER THAT UP FOR?"

The thread wasn't about any documentary so the question is which documentary is good. Were you referring to Shattered Hopes as a good documentary? Why did you post it in the middle of nowhere? Were you being facetious? This is the section for discussing the murders so why not discuss it here.

vvi
Amityville Member
Posts: 6

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by vvi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:17 am

I'm new on here so apologize for posting about on the wrong thread. Don't know how the room really works so I just said something about the documentary and that other post that was funny. However if people like you are going to be rude for no reason then I guess I won't say anything on here anymore.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by scipio-USMC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:22 am

Anyone else see a major contradiction between these posts?

"I AM NOT AKYO! He has been ABSENT coz I nailed him! You make this crap up because you are infuriated I have nailed you on certain things. I would never responded to Akyo if he hadn't cut into our posts and accused me of what he did."

"I only glanced at one of your guys arguments and thought he was saying he was a marine? I guess you are (were) so I took it he must have been one too. What were some of his claims about Amityville? Also, you said Osuna used to post in here? What did he say or can I get his posts?"

On one hand he just glanced at the substantive debate taking place between Ayko and myself about the murders. Yet on the other he claims he took part in the debate, nailed him and chased him away...

The reality is that kblur didn't get involved in my debate with Ayko and Ayko didn't accuse him of anything. It is a figment of his imagination that he got into an argument with Ayko and chased him away. It is fair game to wonder why he made this claim and since has persisted in spelling ayko's name wrong which to me smarts of someone trying to distance himself.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by scipio-USMC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:24 am

vvi wrote:I'm new on here so apologize for posting about on the wrong thread. Don't know how the room really works so I just said something about the documentary and that other post that was funny. However if people like you are going to be rude for no reason then I guess I won't say anything on here anymore.
Why won't you say anything? I asked you if the documentary you meant was Shattered Hopes, you still haven't specified what documentary since the thread you posted in had nothing to do with the Amityville case. I want to discuss your comments and try to figure out what you were trying to say.

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2698

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by kathyM » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:05 am

That is okay VVI. I was kind of lost though with your documentary comment. I thought I missed something somewhere or that some comments had been deleted. :)

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9688
Contact:

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:14 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:Anyone else see a major contradiction between these posts?
Scipio, I've already said stop getting personal with your posts, and then you start that up?
vvi wrote:However if people like you are going to be rude for no reason then I guess I won't say anything on here anymore.
...And this is the exact reason why. This will cease to be a forum if you keep scaring off the new-comers.

:evil:

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by scipio-USMC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:35 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:Anyone else see a major contradiction between these posts?
Scipio, I've already said stop getting personal with your posts, and then you start that up?
vvi wrote:However if people like you are going to be rude for no reason then I guess I won't say anything on here anymore.
...And this is the exact reason why. This will cease to be a forum if you keep scaring off the new-comers.

:evil:
I think it is just an alias of someone else but in any event, all I did was ask him to clarify what documentary and whether he was being facetious or not. It seems that he meant a Katzenbach documentary because they are the only ones I am aware of discussing another gun and was being serious which is why he doesn't want to discuss it further.

You don't find it odd to post that quote in the middle of Ayko's thread about Pirates and then doesn't want to discuss it when asked to clarify?

User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
Posts: 1187
Location: Scotland

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by Rokiisun » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Not that I'm disagreeing with the idea that it's possible some members may be creating multiple usernames in order to either troll or talk to themselves to be recognised on the forum but surely people's IP addresses can be seen by administrators.

As for newcomers, I've been posting here for about five years and there are still things even I don't know about the crime or the hauntings that I may have missed, misinterpreted or maybe even just heard for the first time.

I know debates can sometimes get heated, slightly off-topic and maybe even slightly personal (we've all been guilty of it at least once either online or offline) but it's getting exhausting for me to read threads that are going off-topic all the time and getting borderline personal.

The forum isn't a game where you are judged on how much you know compared to others, how many post counts you have, how many years you have been a member etc etc - it's meant to be a place to share discussions, ideas and knowledge with other likeminded people who are interested in Amityville. It's supposed to be fun not something that's going to scare people off or give the forum a bad name. I don't mean this personally to anybody but we do need to get a bit of fun back into the boards. :dance:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2698

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by kathyM » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:12 pm

What we need is to get people to come on and comment. There are a whole lot of readers and no talkers. Me and a couple of other posters can't keep the board going alone. Where is everyone? Come on back! 8-)

User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
Posts: 1187
Location: Scotland

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:10 am

I think we need more people posting too. Gives it a bit of variety. I haven't been able to post as much lately because there's just so many things going on outside the board.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by kblur77 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:17 am

kathyM wrote:What we need is to get people to come on and comment. There are a whole lot of readers and no talkers. Me and a couple of other posters can't keep the board going alone. Where is everyone? Come on back! 8-)
I'd love to post on here and read some good posts from others. But when I (anyone) get accused of being another person (blogger) on here it's hard to not get angry and come back on here and post!

There is no call for anyone to do that.

User avatar
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk
Posts: 1625
Location: Inside my own mind

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by TigresMeow » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:39 am

Sherb has spoken and it's a real good idea to listen to him. Y'all can attack IDEAS but not the POSTER with the idea. Understood? No accusing one person of being another person, no disrespect toward a person's heritage, etc. It's not that hard. If you disagree with someone's opinion or idea you can respond but attacking the person who stated said opinion or idea is not allowed. It's that simple.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2698

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by kathyM » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:26 am

Yeah Rokissun, it is interesting to read other people's comments and their opinions. I miss all the people that used to come on here. It was great fun and heated at times too. :)

Kblur77, that happens with new posters. When I first came on here there were some long time posters who thought I was someone else coming on as a fake name. Keep posting and people will get to know you and it will all be good. :)

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by kblur77 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:43 am

Well I am glad I'm not the only to be accused. But it's still sad that happens. Appreciate your kindness!

User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
Posts: 1187
Location: Scotland

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:07 pm

I think we've all been accused of being different posters at one time or another on the internet not neccesarily just through this forum. I think you've fit in pretty well kblur77 you've come in with a few ideas that's got us thinking. ;)

Kathy I liked the old days of the forum as well though I'm sure with a few newcommers it'll be fun and lively again in no time :)

Sherb is right though. Debates should never end up with personal attacks that go beyond attacking the idea itself.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by kblur77 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Yep. I'm done bothering with anymore attacks or reading garbage of such. I don't know everything about amityville and such but I got some questions that I think can hold on certain topics.

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2698

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by kathyM » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Bring the questions on then! I am sure there are several people here that might be able to answer them. :) 8-)

It is good to see you again Rokiisun and Tigres! :)

User avatar
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk
Posts: 1625
Location: Inside my own mind

Re: Some Questions About Dawn

Post by TigresMeow » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:34 am

Hi Kathy! I've been around, mainly lurking...lol.

kblur77 - we have some very knowledgeable (sp?) people on both the murders and the haunting here. Feel free to ask any questions you want. Your questions might start some interesting conversation. :) Reading the archives of this forum, if you have time, also contains a wealth of knowledge about the whole Amityville saga. :)
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

Post Reply