40th anniversary

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Lamelune
Amityville Member

40th anniversary

Post by Lamelune » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:37 pm

40 years ago exactly, the Defeo family was murdered.

RIP.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Re: 40th anniversary

Post by KevinW » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Actually sometime tonight. It'll be 40 years tomorrow evening that Butch ran into Henry's Bar saying that his parents had been shot.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Koukol
Amityville Member

40 years...

Post by Koukol » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:21 am

A special thought for Ronald senior, Louise, Dawn, Allison, Mark and John...

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Gone too long....40 years ago

Post by Amity108 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:44 am

40 years gone now since that tragic night....very long time!! I often wonder what life would be like for them if they were still with us on this earth today. Would Ron Sr. and Louise still be around today being in their 80s? What kind of lifestyle the now grown kids would have and so on. May they all RIP and God be with them.
I was only 2 years old on this day back in '74 but never knew anything about the story or even the haunting until the movie came out in '79 when I was 7 and have been interested ever since.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:07 am

Is he serious..?
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:Dawn Therese DeFeo - July 29, 1956-Nov. 13, 1974. At long last, the deception of your brother has been cast aside in favor of the truth and your innocence shines through the lies on this 40th anniversary of your passing. Rest in peace, Dawn.
...says the publisher of The Night The DeFeo's Died.

:puke:

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:51 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Is he serious..?
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:Dawn Therese DeFeo - July 29, 1956-Nov. 13, 1974. At long last, the deception of your brother has been cast aside in favor of the truth and your innocence shines through the lies on this 40th anniversary of your passing. Rest in peace, Dawn.
...says the publisher of The Night The DeFeo's Died.

:puke:
Seriously? And how many times did he defame Dawn's name? We knew she was innocent from the get go. SMH
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:39 am

Are u serious?!? NOW he champions her defense??? Something just isn't rational with this dude. Unbelievable! How many yrs did he drag Dawn through his revisions? How about his posting the kids' crime scene pics on FB? So over this dude it's not even funny. Flipping clown!
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:52 pm

"Dawn Therese DeFeo - July 29, 1956-Nov. 13, 1974. At long last, the deception of your brother has been cast aside in favor of the truth and your innocence shines through the lies on this 40th anniversary of your passing. Rest in peace, Dawn."

The revisionism never ceases.

For the record, Katzenbach's claim that he blamed Dawn from the outset is false. He began to blame Dawn in 1986 along with his mother. That was rejected though so then he blamed Dawn and some unknown persons she was with. That was alleged in court and was rejected by the court.

So the "at long last" BS about the dectption being rejected is a joke it was rejected by everyone repuatable all along. The first peopel to publicly give any credence to his BS of Dawn being involved were Osuna and Katzenbach.

What they should have said was at long last we have decided to come clean and tell the truth instead of supporting the lie we favored.

So they cast it as them uncovering he lied about Dawn being invovled when they were the ones pushing such and they still decided to go with the lie a struggle took place between Ron and Dawn, No strugle took place she had no marks of any kind to indicate such and clearly was shot while lying in bed. The claim she had to be out of bed to get unburned powder on her gown is false, the blanket didn't cover her shoulder it was exposed that is how the unburned powder was able to get there.

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:57 am

"At long last?" :wall: Anyone who had more than six firing brain cells knew from the beginning Dawn wasn't involved, and Ronnie was the only shooter.

I've asked Katzenbach before - if Dawn shot the kids then how was Ronnie able to describe his brother's feet twitching after he shot him and saying it looked funny? How would he have known that if he wasn't there?
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Today, November 18, marks the 40 year anniversary since their burial. RIP
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:51 am

I think now that after 40 years the specifics of the night's events will never fully be explained. Even though we know there was one person guilty of the crimes, regardless of accomplices or if he acted alone.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:44 am

Brendan72 wrote:I think now that after 40 years the specifics of the night's events will never fully be explained. Even though we know there was one person guilty of the crimes, regardless of accomplices or if he acted alone.

Sometimes thing just can't be explained. We can offer theories, but that doesn't explain everything. Lots of things unexplained like why all found sleeping on their stomachs. Did Ronnie have accomplishes? If he did, did they take part in the actual murders or did they try to help cover it up? Was there paranormal (real or perceived) activity in the house while the DeFeos lived there?

BionicRose90
Amityville Member

Post by BionicRose90 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:I think now that after 40 years the specifics of the night's events will never fully be explained. Even though we know there was one person guilty of the crimes, regardless of accomplices or if he acted alone.

Sometimes thing just can't be explained. We can offer theories, but that doesn't explain everything. Lots of things unexplained like why all found sleeping on their stomachs. Did Ronnie have accomplishes? If he did, did they take part in the actual murders or did they try to help cover it up? Was there paranormal (real or perceived) activity in the house while the DeFeos lived there?
I think that's overall what makes this whole case so fascinating to so many people. There are just too many unanswered questions that we may never know the truth about. if the deceased DeFeos could come back and tell their story, I wonder what they would say.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:06 am

I am open to the possibility there may have been more than one person involved however I believe only one weapon was used and that was the Marlin.
- Brendan72

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:08 am

Brendan72 wrote:I am open to the possibility there may have been more than one person involved however I believe only one weapon was used and that was the Marlin.
I'm not open to the possibility because Ron would have ratted out such person(s) when he confessed as opposed to taking full blame himself. The notion he would have protected someone else is ludicrous. Not only would he have ratted such person out worse he likely would have placed full blame on such person(s) and tried to use it to escape liability like his lie that it was Mazeo.

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:29 am

I think that Ronnie suffers from ASPD so, if there was another person involved in any way, he would have ratted them out. I think if he could blame the Easter Bunny, he would.
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:46 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:I am open to the possibility there may have been more than one person involved however I believe only one weapon was used and that was the Marlin.
I'm not open to the possibility because Ron would have ratted out such person(s) when he confessed as opposed to taking full blame himself. The notion he would have protected someone else is ludicrous. Not only would he have ratted such person out worse he likely would have placed full blame on such person(s) and tried to use it to escape liability like his lie that it was Mazeo.
It is possible however on the basis that he was sweated and eventually confessed to the killings and acted alone, then logic would suggest he would have ratted out someone. He definitely had no moral code or sense of loyalty to anyone so it would have been relatively easy for him to blame someone else. He did try to b.s. the police leading up to the final confession but evidence did not support this and when pressed Butch did finally confessed.

Having said that the conspiracy theorist in me still clings on to the possibility though with time it seems to be dying a death, pardon the pun, that Butch had an accomplice. Although one question remains about how the neighbours did not hear the shots being fired.

Butch has however continually blamed people after the fact, years later and to anyone who will listen, of being either the sole culprits or in partnership with him in the commission of the crimes.

I have also said in the past and remain in the same opinion that we will never truly know even if Butch had a death bed confession. He has simply told too many untruths. Unless someone comes forward with irrefutable evidence supporting a second assailant of course, although that is grasping at straws.
- Brendan72

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:
It is possible however on the basis that he was sweated and eventually confessed to the killings and acted alone, then logic would suggest he would have ratted out someone. He definitely had no moral code or sense of loyalty to anyone so it would have been relatively easy for him to blame someone else. He did try to b.s. the police leading up to the final confession but evidence did not support this and when pressed Butch did finally confessed.

Having said that the conspiracy theorist in me still clings on to the possibility though with time it seems to be dying a death, pardon the pun, that Butch had an accomplice. Although one question remains about how the neighbours did not hear the shots being fired.

Butch has however continually blamed people after the fact, years later and to anyone who will listen, of being either the sole culprits or in partnership with him in the commission of the crimes.

I have also said in the past and remain in the same opinion that we will never truly know even if Butch had a death bed confession. He has simply told too many untruths. Unless someone comes forward with irrefutable evidence supporting a second assailant of course, although that is grasping at straws.

It was winter so the windows were closed in the DeFeo house plus the neighbors' houses. The closest neighbors were not even home the house was vacant. The next closest house was the Ireland's and she woke up from the noise as did some other neighbors but they didn't know what woke them up. Upon waking up what they heard was a dog barking so assumed that was what woke them up.

There is a big difference between a shot being fired outside and shots in a nother structure. The sound travels much farther outdoors than it does from one structure to another when the windows are closed. Neighbors walking by would have the best chance of hearing the shots but who would be walking by in the middle of the night?