Trouble with Greenhaven

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Re: Trouble with Greenhaven

Post by BooshaGirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:59 am

Kathy--yup--that's the exact response I got. I did send an appeal letter and have yet to hear back....but that was on October 16, so I should hear something soon. Then again--it *is* government, so they never do anything in a timely manner.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 am

BooshaGirl wrote:Kathy--yup--that's the exact response I got. I did send an appeal letter and have yet to hear back....but that was on October 16, so I should hear something soon. Then again--it *is* government, so they never do anything in a timely manner.
DId they acknowledge receipt of your appeal? By law they are required to do so within 10 days of receipt. Failure to do so allows you to sue them and to request attorney fees and costs. If they have not acknowledged it I would send in a letter attaching a copy of the appeal you mailed, noting they have to respond by law within 10 days or you are allowed to sue them and to demand attorney fees and costs since they failed to respond within the time required by statute. That might light a fire under them to actually respond.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 am

Boosha, that was the same response you got? Here I was hoping since you appealed that they were looking into this further.

I wonder what is going on with this?

Ness28
Amityville Member

Post by Ness28 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:55 pm

So has anyone heard from Greenhaven about the transcripts? I'd love to see what his story is now. You'd think that since he's getting old and is sick that he would want to just tell the truth already. But maybe even he doesn't really know the truth anymore since he's lied so much over the years.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 pm

?? I just don't know what to say.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:28 am

That was the original response I received BEFORE I wrote the appeal and mailed it out. Yes, it's been over 10 days. I will do like Scipio says, but first I'll go home tonight and see if any mail arrived for me over the last few days. I get home later than everyone else, so sometimes, I pass right by the stack of bills and mail sitting on the table in the breezeway. I may have receved something--just haven't looked. Makes sense that they would use snail-mail as opposed to e-mail, because I was required to send the appeal via snail-mail.

I'll let you all know tomorrow---and if nothing is there waiting when I get home, I'll take further action.

Scipio, thanks for all the tips.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:51 am

This was the latest response I got back and I thought it was funny.

RE; FOIL Log No. 13-2237
(Ronald DeFeo)

Dear Ms. ______

This is in response to your letter requesting information under the New York State Freedom of Information Law.

Please be advised that I cannot process your request without an original signed Release of Information Statement
from your client HERE IS THE FUNNY PART) Michael Duran. :lol:

If you do not agree with this decision you may appeal by contacting the Office of the Counsel, Department of
Corrections and Community Supervision, State Campus, Building #2, 1220 Washington Avenue, Albany,
NY 12226, in writing.

Sincerely,

Chad Powell
Administrative Assistant

**** So who is Michael Duran?

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:53 pm

So who is Michael Duran?

Half of an 80's pop group? :think:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Vlad
Amityville Addict

Post by Vlad » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:01 am

Got to love bureaucracy.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:24 am

:lol: :dance:

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:59 am

Guess I"m going to have to write another letter to the address they gave me on the original denial. I will again use Scipio's advice. It's been over 10 days and I have not received any mail from NY.

I'll mail the new letter this afternoon (if I have time to write it, that is--but I *will* get it done).

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:55 am

Use the Katzenbach method...

Sue them.

:P

Stacey_xoxo
Amityville Member

Post by Stacey_xoxo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:02 am

BooshaGirl wrote:Guess I"m going to have to write another letter to the address they gave me on the original denial. I will again use Scipio's advice. It's been over 10 days and I have not received any mail from NY.

I'll mail the new letter this afternoon (if I have time to write it, that is--but I *will* get it done).

Hi booshagirl, did they ever reply to you?
I'm sure everyone here myself included appreciates your taking the time to get a hold of the transcripts. Thank you :) x

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Alas, we will never know the continuing saga that is Ronnie's story. :cry: What new twists and turns has he come up with this time? same old story or did someone new do the crime and leave poor Ronnie hanging? :)

juice00
Amityville Member

Post by juice00 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:58 am

Has there been any luck on the 2013 parole transcripts

Anarane
Amityville Member

Post by Anarane » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:40 am

It's bizarre that previous transcripts have been made available to interested parties, but suddenly there's been a lock down. I don't understand their justification.

Huge thanks to all of you who've taken the time and effort (and cash!) to try and secure them. The effort of everyone on this board never fails to impress me. :)

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Anarane wrote:It's bizarre that previous transcripts have been made available to interested parties, but suddenly there's been a lock down. I don't understand their justification.

Huge thanks to all of you who've taken the time and effort (and cash!) to try and secure them. The effort of everyone on this board never fails to impress me. :)
I still wonder if the State of New York changed it's laws or something? I mean it was all the years possible to get these parole hearing transcripts. I gave up my hope to see and read Ronnie's 2013 parole here at the board someday. Too bad, I would be very curious and interested in reading them. :(

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:19 pm

I have not heard back from Greenhaven. It is now April 17, 2014. Admittedly, I haven't really had the time or desire to pursue any further--because when I call, I get transferred, placed on hold for long periods and treated like I'm someone pulling a "goof" from the Howard Stern show. I really do want to read the transcripts, but just don't have the patience to go through this "red tape" they are sticking all around his latest parole hearing. It was so EASY in previous years.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:05 pm

HEY! I just heard from my friend this afternoon and he is coming to Windsor in Canada (just 10 minutes from me) in July. July 11 - 14 to be exact. He is filming for a blues festival and has asked me to take him to the Motown Museum near where I live. ANYWAY, I'm thinking that while I have him with me, perhaps we can set up a LIVE "Question and Answer" with him....I know he'll do it--just don't get your feelings hurt when he starts getting aggravated and uses classic "New York" language! I've asked him questions before and posted his answers, but now you can see/hear for yourselves and get your questions answered right from his own mouth and not through me. I'm willing to skype or go on the amity chat thingie--but it has to be when he is with me and not busy in Canada with his crew...but let's make it happen!

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:HEY! I just heard from my friend this afternoon and he is coming to Windsor in Canada (just 10 minutes from me) in July. July 11 - 14 to be exact. He is filming for a blues festival and has asked me to take him to the Motown Museum near where I live. ANYWAY, I'm thinking that while I have him with me, perhaps we can set up a LIVE "Question and Answer" with him....I know he'll do it--just don't get your feelings hurt when he starts getting aggravated and uses classic "New York" language! I've asked him questions before and posted his answers, but now you can see/hear for yourselves and get your questions answered right from his own mouth and not through me. I'm willing to skype or go on the amity chat thingie--but it has to be when he is with me and not busy in Canada with his crew...but let's make it happen!
Sounds interesting. It would be cool if such "live chat" thing could be possible. I would like to hear more from your friend! :)

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Sounds like a plan! Can't wait! 8-)