2013 Parole Hearing

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

2013 Parole Hearing

Post by BooshaGirl » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am

Hi! Just called Greenhaven and they told me his parole hearing is scheduled for July 30.

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Re: 2013 Parole Hearing

Post by Tim » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Niiice Boosha. I'll make the popcorn! It's always entertaining. I just hope he says something ..I dunno..different this time!
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Tim, wouldn't that be super? I'd love to sit with popcorn and "guffaw" with you and others from this board who know the dealio. Too bad we can't watch a live broadcast. It's just no fun trying to explain to people who don't know as much about the case/house. Oh well...then the waiting game begins to get the transcripts.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks Boosha!

I have a feeling Ronnie is just going to go with his usual script storyline again. He has had 2 years now to come up with a new plan, geeze! I would think he would want to be free. I cant imagine spending a whole lifetime in prison. :(

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:30 am

kathyM wrote:Thanks Boosha!

I have a feeling Ronnie is just going to go with his usual script storyline again. He has had 2 years now to come up with a new plan, geeze! I would think he would want to be free. I cant imagine spending a whole lifetime in prison. :(
You would think he'd have a good lawyer (for once) to coach him on what to say and do at the hearing. The guy just seems to "wing it" each time, without any prior thought. I can't figure DeFeo out - even after all these years, he has not "matured." He has not come 'round the bend of crazy, has not taken advantage of educational programs (I'm assuming, since he still talks the way he did in '74).

I mean, c'mon already! Admit what you did, and why! It's been 39 years (nearly) - come clean! I mean, couldn't the prison doctors, by now, determine something maybe wrong with Ronnie's brain, where he really can't remember things that he wants to forget?

July 30th, huh? How long after that before we get the skinny on this wonderful website? I've printed all the Parole Hearings, so far, and put them in a binder, for nighttime reading (haha).

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:48 am

Jacobmarley1 wrote:

You would think he'd have a good lawyer (for once) to coach him on what to say and do at the hearing. The guy just seems to "wing it" each time, without any prior thought. I can't figure DeFeo out - even after all these years, he has not "matured." He has not come 'round the bend of crazy, has not taken advantage of educational programs (I'm assuming, since he still talks the way he did in '74).

I mean, c'mon already! Admit what you did, and why! It's been 39 years (nearly) - come clean! I mean, couldn't the prison doctors, by now, determine something maybe wrong with Ronnie's brain, where he really can't remember things that he wants to forget?

July 30th, huh? How long after that before we get the skinny on this wonderful website? I've printed all the Parole Hearings, so far, and put them in a binder, for nighttime reading (haha).
He has to admit what he did and express genuine remorse for his actions. He will never do either. He will never listen to someone telling him to do both. He will just keep on doing what he has been, trying to blame others to mitigate his own culpability.

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:03 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
Jacobmarley1 wrote:

He has to admit what he did and express genuine remorse for his actions. He will never do either. He will never listen to someone telling him to do both. He will just keep on doing what he has been, trying to blame others to mitigate his own culpability.
In his own way, he has expressed "regret." He has said, "I'm sorry they're gone, I will only have one family," and he has said, "my father was my best friend." It's been 39 years, and that's a damn long time, and people get over their grief in less time, so how can he reign "remorse" at this point in time?

If my mother and siblings died (however they died), I would grieve, but time heals all wounds, and 39 years later, I would not be grieving anymore.

Nor would Ronnie.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 am

Jacobmarley1 wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:
Jacobmarley1 wrote:You would think he'd have a good lawyer (for once) to coach him on what to say and do at the hearing. The guy just seems to "wing it" each time, without any prior thought. I can't figure DeFeo out - even after all these years, he has not "matured." He has not come 'round the bend of crazy, has not taken advantage of educational programs (I'm assuming, since he still talks the way he did in '74).

In his own way, he has expressed "regret." He has said, "I'm sorry they're gone, I will only have one family," and he has said, "my father was my best friend." It's been 39 years, and that's a damn long time, and people get over their grief in less time, so how can he reign "remorse" at this point in time?

If my mother and siblings died (however they died), I would grieve, but time heals all wounds, and 39 years later, I would not be grieving anymore.

Nor would Ronnie.
Grieving and expressing remorse for one's wrong actions are 2 totally different things. Expressing remorse requires admitting you did something and that what you did was wrong, unjustifiable and saying you would never do anything like it again.

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:34 am

So if he simply said, "I killed them all, and I have to live with that for the rest of my life," would that be enough for everybody? I mean, it's only words, and just because he says the words, doesn't mean he means what he's saying.

Like, when actresses win the Academy Award, they sometimes cry as they're giving their speech. They're actresses, and they know how to cry on cue. Doesn't mean its real.

You know what I'm saying? What would be Ronnie's "best bet" of getting paroled? What would be the "proper words?" What would be the "proper attitude?" Tears and crying - does that indicate "remorse?" Can people feel remorse without losing their dignity?

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:48 am

I bet at this point Ronnie is probably afraid to be paroled. He has been in prison so long that he is used to it and that is his way of life. If he was paroled he would have no family or friends to help him, no place to live and he would have to work. Can you see him at the local McDonalds taking your order? :lol: Being sick, maybe he would go on disability?

Does the prison system help those paroled inmates find housing and get jobs?

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:06 am

kathyM wrote:I bet at this point Ronnie is probably afraid to be paroled. He has been in prison so long that he is used to it and that is his way of life. If he was paroled he would have no family or friends to help him, no place to live and he would have to work. Can you see him at the local McDonalds taking your order? :lol: Being sick, maybe he would go on disability?

Does the prison system help those paroled inmates find housing and get jobs?
According to Ronnie, he has his grandmother's inheritance to look forward to. Also, Ronnie is very close to "retirement-age," so he may just take early retirement if he's paroled. Plus, he has all those women clamoring after him, so I'm sure he would be able to "squat" in some woman's house, as she supports him, loves him, and takes care of him.

I don't think Ronnie would mind being paroled. If he didn't, he could simply refuse the parole hearing, and be done with it. But he keeps going, so that must mean he "wants out."

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:12 am

Jacobmarley1 wrote:So if he simply said, "I killed them all, and I have to live with that for the rest of my life," would that be enough for everybody? I mean, it's only words, and just because he says the words, doesn't mean he means what he's saying.

Like, when actresses win the Academy Award, they sometimes cry as they're giving their speech. They're actresses, and they know how to cry on cue. Doesn't mean its real.

You know what I'm saying? What would be Ronnie's "best bet" of getting paroled? What would be the "proper words?" What would be the "proper attitude?" Tears and crying - does that indicate "remorse?" Can people feel remorse without losing their dignity?
He would have to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the parole board that he sincerely was worry for his actions and understood how wrong he was.It is up to them to judge his sincerity. That is their job. He doesn't have in in him though.

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:15 am

Frankly, when I see DeFeo on TV shows, he comes off as "mentally challenged." I don't think he has all his facilities, especially now with his Hep C and whatever else he consumes in prison.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

I wonder how much his grandmother's inheritance is. I wonder if it is big enough for Ronnie to live off of.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:35 pm

kathyM wrote:I wonder how much his grandmother's inheritance is. I wonder if it is big enough for Ronnie to live off of.
Hey Kathy--maybe in 1974 it would have been enough...but now he'd have it all spent on a data plan for an iphone he couldn't figure out.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Lol! That is a good one and so true! :lol:

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:03 am

Of course I was being facetious, but if he truly does have an inheritance sitting in a bank, the interest alone would be more money than I make in 10 years time, probably. Sighhhhhhh. Say, I wonder what's up with his ex-wife and that horrible "psychic" Jackie? Anybody hear anything?

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:05 am

Yeah, I wonder how Jackie's book about Ronnie is doing? What was it called? The devil inside me or the devil I know or something like that?

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:08 am

kathyM wrote:Yeah, I wonder how Jackie's book about Ronnie is doing? What was it called? The devil inside me or the devil I know or something like that?
If the book has any "credibility" at all (unlike Ric's silly book, which I read way back in 2002 with high expectations for the truth), I will buy it.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:13 am

After seeing Jackie in that Halloween special about Ronnie, I would say she is not too credible. :)

Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:17 am

kathyM wrote:After seeing Jackie in that Halloween special about Ronnie, I would say she is not too credible. :)
Not to mention (dare I mention, in fear of being sued by DeFeo?) that everything Ronnie says is a damnable lie or overexaggeration. If Jackie's book is based on testimony from Ronnie, it is another Amityville Book of Lies.

Oh well.