i am searching informations about Allison Defeo

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Michael1997
Amityville Member

i am searching informations about Allison Defeo

Post by Michael1997 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:33 am

Hi :)
i want to write a little report about Allison Defeo . but i don't have many informations about her. maybe you know something about Allison's hobbies, favorite music, her school, or anything else? I would be glad if you could help me. :)
and sorry for my bad english! ;)
best regards
Michi1997

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Re: i am searching informations about Allison Defeo

Post by Rokiisun » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Allison liked jigsaw puzzles. In the crime scene photographs you can
see an incomplete jigsaw puzzle in her bedroom. Music-wise, at thirteen
years old she may have not developed a personal taste for music so she
probably would have listened to what her parents/older siblings were
listening to.

She went to a catholic school, but my mind has gone blank... (St Martin o' tours?
Rings a bell, but that may not be it).

If you are writing a report just on Allison it would be pretty short. You should
add little bits about her family and other siblings.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:14 am

Allison's school was St. Martin of Tours. A catholic private school in Amityville, NY.
All the DeFeo kids went to St. Martin of Tours. You can find some class photo's of the DeFeo children (also one with Allison) somewhere here.

In my opinon she was the loneliest of the DeFeo children. She was kind of isolated in her family. She was 13 (also the beginning of puberty) and I guess she had no one in her family to talk with. And for some reason I think no one really cared about her. Her parents often had trouble and their own "problems". Her younger brothers were too immature (maybe) and her two older siblings Ronnie and Dawn were too mature and I think they also did not really care about Allison. She was the forgotten "middle child".

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:35 am

You are wasting your time. Unless you can get one of the few family members still around to talk in depth or one of her former close friends you will not get any accurate information. People who have no real basis to do so like to speculate but it is just that, speculation.

You will see many posts saying her family ignored her but people speculate without any real knowledge at all on the subject other than the sparse coverage of her. I would take anything said by someone who didn't actually know her with a grain of salt. Without solid sources you can't do an accurate report all you can do is join the uninformed speculation.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 am

scipio-USMC wrote:You are wasting your time. Unless you can get one of the few family members still around to talk in depth or one of her former close friends you will not get any accurate information. People who have no real basis to do so like to speculate but it is just that, speculation.

You will see many posts saying her family ignored her but people speculate without any real knowledge at all on the subject other than the sparse coverage of her. I would take anything said by someone who didn't actually know her with a grain of salt. Without solid sources you can't do an accurate report all you can do is join the uninformed speculation.
That's very true.

The only thing I know about her is that she liked to build jigsaw puzzles, but you can see this from the crime scene
photographs. It's the same with Big Ronnie and Louise, you can tell that one or both of them were devout Catholics
because there are a number of biblical ornaments in their bedroom. Just in the way that you know Marc had an
injury because there is a wheelchair next to his bed... but things such as, their other interests, how they spoke, how they
acted around friends and family are purely our assumptions.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:00 am

Rokiisun wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:You are wasting your time. Unless you can get one of the few family members still around to talk in depth or one of her former close friends you will not get any accurate information. People who have no real basis to do so like to speculate but it is just that, speculation.

That's very true.

The only thing I know about her is that she liked to build jigsaw puzzles, but you can see this from the crime scene
photographs. It's the same with Big Ronnie and Louise, you can tell that one or both of them were devout Catholics
because there are a number of biblical ornaments in their bedroom. Just in the way that you know Marc had an
injury because there is a wheelchair next to his bed... but things such as, their other interests, how they spoke, how they
acted around friends and family are purely our assumptions.
Cursory observations like that only provide a limited account of what people like but not much of a help to what their personalities were like or their relationship with their family. We are at a distinct disadvantage considering the time that has elapsed. Ron is one of the few people who would tlak but getting accurate information would be difficult. Who knows how much of what he "remembers" actually occurred or is actually true. He has an aversion to the truth and either lies outright or creates a fantasy past almost subconsciously.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:22 pm

In That's Incredibile, Patty Commarato states that she was a childhood friend of Alison.

Given this, I would hold off on any speculation of her being a lonely child.

It's a curious thing though, that of all the murdered DeFeo's it is probably Alison that many of us feel most sorry for and would most have liked to have known. Maybe it's some mystique of this lack of info about her, the age and innocence of it, the brutality of her murder in particular or her being a cute kid.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:26 pm

DC Fan wrote:In That's Incredibile, Patty Commarato states that she was a childhood friend of Alison.

Given this, I would hold off on any speculation of her being a lonely child.

It's a curious thing though, that of all the murdered DeFeo's it is probably Alison that many of us feel most sorry for and would most have liked to have known. Maybe it's some mystique of this lack of info about her, the age and innocence of it, the brutality of her murder in particular or her being a cute kid.
How well she actually knew Allison who knows. I had many friends growing up not many of them were extremely close friends though acquaintances would be a more fitting term.

But I think you are on to something it just needs to be finetuned. The portrait painted of Allison os that she was a lonely middle child who was neglected. Just how accurate that is we have no idea but the portrait I think is why so many are so sympathetic to her. I don't know enough about them to say I have a favorite or feel more for any of them. They all got a rotten deal at Ron's hands. The least empathy can probably be felt for the parents for letting him get away with so much. While they thought they were helping him out they were really hurting themselves and should have forced him to fend for himself. That might seme cold but is sometimes necessary. Maybe they finally did tell him to get out and that is why he snapped. That certainly is what some of his friends aluded to (him being told to leave).

Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Post by Baphomet666 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 am

VintageBoy91 wrote:Allison's school was St. Martin of Tours. A catholic private school in Amityville, NY.
All the DeFeo kids went to St. Martin of Tours. You can find some class photo's of the DeFeo children (also one with Allison) somewhere here.

In my opinon she was the loneliest of the DeFeo children. She was kind of isolated in her family. She was 13 (also the beginning of puberty) and I guess she had no one in her family to talk with. And for some reason I think no one really cared about her. Her parents often had trouble and their own "problems". Her younger brothers were too immature (maybe) and her two older siblings Ronnie and Dawn were too mature and I think they also did not really care about Allison. She was the forgotten "middle child".
Ronnie mature? :think:
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz