Negative Amazon reviews purged

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: Negative Amazon reviews purged

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Yeah, maybe. I kinda thought he was ignoring us because he doesn't want to explain his sudden rise in facebook fans. I mean, yeah, he gave a weak explanation about "advertising," but he didn't mention our thoughts about it being from a paid service meant to deliver an exact number of "likes" to a page and all...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:57 pm

That could be true... But he's definitely had moments in the past where he's said we're irrelevant and just got on with it... Which is how things should be, if he truly believed in what he was doing.

Cole00
Amityville Member

Post by Cole00 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:37 am

Very interesting

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 am

By the way, Despite telling Kath that they would only discuss it with the person whose review they deleted, they refused to do so. They referred me to the rules page and said I must have broken the rules and am thus not allowed to post anymore reviews on the product. 5 times I asked which rule my post violated but Amazon refused to answer. Amazon also refused to respond as to why Katzenbach's post was still up though he clearly was peddling the product and attacking an in violation of their rules. Their rules are not to comment on other reviews but Katzenbach did just that and his is still up.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am

There used to be some negative comments under my review, but I see they are now gone. But the review from "SJD92661" (Ryan) is still up, and it spends most of its time talking about me and airing my dirty laundry instead of talking about the film it is reviewing. I reported this review, but it's still there. Go figure.

At last we seem to have the last laugh, as the top 2 reviews are from Sherb and myself. "17 of 20" people found my review helpful while only "5 of 10" found Ryan's review helpful. Huh. All those fans and he can't even get people to bump his review up to the top... :think:

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 am

Dan the Damned wrote:There used to be some negative comments under my review, but I see they are now gone. But the review from "SJD92661" (Ryan) is still up, and it spends most of its time talking about me and airing my dirty laundry instead of talking about the film it is reviewing. I reported this review, but it's still there. Go figure.

At last we seem to have the last laugh, as the top 2 reviews are from Sherb and myself. "17 of 20" people found my review helpful while only "5 of 10" found Ryan's review helpful. Huh. All those fans and he can't even get people to bump his review up to the top... :think:
That's the review I reported and asked about why it was still up when mine was gone though I spoke about the substance.

That clearly violates their rules. But Amazon refused to answer anything they jsut kept saying here are our policies and claiming I violated one of them without soecifying which one and what the offending language was.

It is pretty obvious which reviews Katzenbach wrote himself and tha tis a clea rviolation of their rules but they choose to ignore their own rules.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:24 pm

My review is still there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... dctrvw_srp

[1-star] A Total Mess
Reviewed in the United States on May 4, 2012

If you love unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and revisionist fantasy all wrapped up in an amateurish documentary which drags on for way too long, then you'll love this movie.

Ronnie DeFeo confessed to killing his family back in 1974. He confessed to the police and he confessed again in open court during his trial. Pretty much an open and shut case, even though (as with many murders) one can only guess as to the motivation.

In the years since, he has tried desperately to get out of jail, and, like many prisoners, he has blamed his crimes on a multitude of other people, offering the public many different fantasy stories about "what really happened that night."

This documentary is based on one of those wild stories. Nothing wrong with that. Trouble is, however, the audience is force-fed this fantasy as if it were the absolute truth.

What was once pretty much a cut & dry case is now a bizarre entanglement of alleged abusive parents, mob conspiracies and police coverups (anything to make this murder case more interesting to potential DVD buyers), all told by a woman who claims she was married to DeFeo in the 1970s (despite a total lack of any supporting evidence).

This film is very bad on many levels. The information presented is all over the place and very misleading. If you are truly interested in the DeFeo murder case, your best bet would be to read Gerard Sullivan's excellent book "High Hopes" -- to date the definitive work on this matter.

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:08 am

I would say that this is a whole new low for the people pushing this Geraldine nonsense, but apparently this is nothing new considering that Osuna pulled the same crap with his book. I am amazed that Amazon is so willing to bend to the wills of Osuna and Katzenbach. Seriously, it's not like we are talking about Stephen King and Steven Spielberg here. These two guys are a couple of nobodies.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:56 pm

I guess they threatened them with their imaginary lawyers.