My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
gd134
Amityville Member

My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:11 pm

So this is a story that my grandpa told me a year before he died at the age of 72. This story tells about his unpleasant experience upon meeting Ronnie Defeo Sr, and one of his daughters. This occurrence took place in the year 1973. At that time, my grandpa resided in Massachusetts. My grandpa was 41 years old at the time, and he came to Long Island to visit one of his great friends he knew since college. His friend resided on the road S Ireland PL, Amityville. This road is perpendicular to Ocean Avenue. One day, my grandpa and his friend decided to take a long walk across S Ireland Pl, and onto Ocean Avenue. I'm not quite sure I should mention the address of the house my Grandpa's friend resided at, but I'm going to do it anyway so you can get a good feel of the story. My grandpa's friend resided at 64 S Ireland PL. Since my Grandpa's friend had just moved to Amityville, he did not know who the Defeo's were. The time was believe to be around 3:20 to 4:00 when they started the walk. The two men were enjoying the walk and having nice long conversations about their lives. Once they reached Ocean Avenue, they decided to go in the direction of the Horror House. When they were getting close 112 Ocean Avenue, my grandpa saw a huge, Obese man, which was definitely Mr. Defeo. He witnessed Mr. Defeo having a heated argument with someone inside of a car. Although they ignored him and continued walking, Mr. Defeo's voice got louder as they got closer to his house. All of a sudden, a girl and a boy walk out of the car wearing school clothes. My grandpa could not quite remember, but he believed that the girl was wearing a skirt and a school shirt, and the boy was wearing regular pants and a shirt with a tie. When the two kids stepped out of the car, the boy walked in the house, but the girl was asked to stay outside by Mr. Defeo. My grandpa never told me who this girl was, but he mentioned she was short, so she was probably Allison. My grandpa and his friend continued there walk and ignoring the loud argument. All of a sudden, my Grandpa witnessed Mr. Defeo push this girl onto the ground, and she immediately got up with her hands covering her face, and ran in the house. My grandpa question why Mr. Defeo pushed her, but his friend told him not to interfere. Mr. Defeo said "None of your business, this is my daughter and my house, and I can do what I want!!!". He said something like that very loudly, that other people could hear. My grandpa and his friend immediately walked back to the road S Ireland PL, and decided to make another walk route to avoid Mr. Defeo. Due to the fact that my grandpa was struggling with alzheimer's disease when he told me this story, he could not quite remember what happened afterwards. But, he could recall Mr. Defeo taking a backpack out of his car, and throwing it somewhere. After that, the two men walked as far away as possible. I've now known this story for about 3 years, and I've shared it with a few people. I recently discovered this friendly Amityville- based website to share this with everyone. Some people might say it's fake, and that's completely their choice. I completely trust my grandpa, and I'm glad he told me this story after he introduced me to the Amityville Horror, which began a year after my Grandpa went back to Massachusetts when the Defeo's were murdered. I became interested in the story, and I have been researching it for a long time. I hope you enjoy this story of my grandpa's experience with Mr. Defeo. He couldn't tell me why Mr. Defeo was mad that day, but it was very cruel of him to push his daughter on the floor. That was the first time his friend saw Mr. Defeo, and the next time he heard of him was when the Defeo Family was murdered. I am gonna write another story pretty soon about the experience of my grandpa's great friend. It will involve his perspective of the Defeo murders which took place nearly a year later. If you think this story is fake, I could care less. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this Non-fiction story.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Very interesting- thank you for sharing!

Please do share your other story. I believe you

gd134
Amityville Member

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:39 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 pm
Very interesting- thank you for sharing!

Please do share your other story. I believe you
I'm glad you liked my story! Also, I forgot to mention. The Irelands, which were the Defeo's next door neighbor, often talked with my grandpa's friend. They are the one's that told him all about the Defeo family and who they are and that this behavior is pretty common with them. A week after the murders, my grandpa's friend moved out of Amityville.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm

Can you post your other story? :)

gd134
Amityville Member

Post by gd134 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:03 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm
Can you post your other story? :)
Sure, Ill post it here when I have time.