My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
gd134
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:11 pm

So this is a story that my grandpa told me a year before he died at the age of 72. This story tells about his unpleasant experience upon meeting Ronnie Defeo Sr, and one of his daughters. This occurrence took place in the year 1973. At that time, my grandpa resided in Massachusetts. My grandpa was 41 years old at the time, and he came to Long Island to visit one of his great friends he knew since college. His friend resided on the road S Ireland PL, Amityville. This road is perpendicular to Ocean Avenue. One day, my grandpa and his friend decided to take a long walk across S Ireland Pl, and onto Ocean Avenue. I'm not quite sure I should mention the address of the house my Grandpa's friend resided at, but I'm going to do it anyway so you can get a good feel of the story. My grandpa's friend resided at 64 S Ireland PL. Since my Grandpa's friend had just moved to Amityville, he did not know who the Defeo's were. The time was believe to be around 3:20 to 4:00 when they started the walk. The two men were enjoying the walk and having nice long conversations about their lives. Once they reached Ocean Avenue, they decided to go in the direction of the Horror House. When they were getting close 112 Ocean Avenue, my grandpa saw a huge, Obese man, which was definitely Mr. Defeo. He witnessed Mr. Defeo having a heated argument with someone inside of a car. Although they ignored him and continued walking, Mr. Defeo's voice got louder as they got closer to his house. All of a sudden, a girl and a boy walk out of the car wearing school clothes. My grandpa could not quite remember, but he believed that the girl was wearing a skirt and a school shirt, and the boy was wearing regular pants and a shirt with a tie. When the two kids stepped out of the car, the boy walked in the house, but the girl was asked to stay outside by Mr. Defeo. My grandpa never told me who this girl was, but he mentioned she was short, so she was probably Allison. My grandpa and his friend continued there walk and ignoring the loud argument. All of a sudden, my Grandpa witnessed Mr. Defeo push this girl onto the ground, and she immediately got up with her hands covering her face, and ran in the house. My grandpa question why Mr. Defeo pushed her, but his friend told him not to interfere. Mr. Defeo said "None of your business, this is my daughter and my house, and I can do what I want!!!". He said something like that very loudly, that other people could hear. My grandpa and his friend immediately walked back to the road S Ireland PL, and decided to make another walk route to avoid Mr. Defeo. Due to the fact that my grandpa was struggling with alzheimer's disease when he told me this story, he could not quite remember what happened afterwards. But, he could recall Mr. Defeo taking a backpack out of his car, and throwing it somewhere. After that, the two men walked as far away as possible. I've now known this story for about 3 years, and I've shared it with a few people. I recently discovered this friendly Amityville- based website to share this with everyone. Some people might say it's fake, and that's completely their choice. I completely trust my grandpa, and I'm glad he told me this story after he introduced me to the Amityville Horror, which began a year after my Grandpa went back to Massachusetts when the Defeo's were murdered. I became interested in the story, and I have been researching it for a long time. I hope you enjoy this story of my grandpa's experience with Mr. Defeo. He couldn't tell me why Mr. Defeo was mad that day, but it was very cruel of him to push his daughter on the floor. That was the first time his friend saw Mr. Defeo, and the next time he heard of him was when the Defeo Family was murdered. I am gonna write another story pretty soon about the experience of my grandpa's great friend. It will involve his perspective of the Defeo murders which took place nearly a year later. If you think this story is fake, I could care less. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this Non-fiction story.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 186

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Very interesting- thank you for sharing!

Please do share your other story. I believe you

gd134
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:39 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 pm
Very interesting- thank you for sharing!

Please do share your other story. I believe you
I'm glad you liked my story! Also, I forgot to mention. The Irelands, which were the Defeo's next door neighbor, often talked with my grandpa's friend. They are the one's that told him all about the Defeo family and who they are and that this behavior is pretty common with them. A week after the murders, my grandpa's friend moved out of Amityville.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 186

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm

Can you post your other story? :)

gd134
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:03 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm
Can you post your other story? :)
Sure, Ill post it here when I have time.

User avatar
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict
Posts: 539

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by quotestheraven » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:48 am

It certainly fits with the reports of what kind of person Mr. DeFeo was.
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane
Posts: 3107

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:09 am

This sounds like Ronnie DeFeo's Sr. personality and lots of reports that there was lots of violence and yelling in the house. Never mind that the family was connected.

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2700

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by kathyM » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

User avatar
TC1
Disciple
Posts: 83
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by TC1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:30 am

That is interesting... I had no idea he abused the younger kids, and that really does sound like Allison, so sad :(
Oo-wee-oo I look just like Buddy Holly.

gd134
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm

TC1 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:30 am
That is interesting... I had no idea he abused the younger kids, and that really does sound like Allison, so sad :(
Big Ronnie physically abused the younger kids all the time, which is why they stopped having friends over from school. This is a definite fact. If you search online, you will find a school picture of Allison when she was younger with a busted lip, probably from all the abuse.

User avatar
TC1
Disciple
Posts: 83
Location: The Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by TC1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 pm

gd134 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm
TC1 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:30 am
That is interesting... I had no idea he abused the younger kids, and that really does sound like Allison, so sad :(
Big Ronnie physically abused the younger kids all the time, which is why they stopped having friends over from school. This is a definite fact. If you search online, you will find a school picture of Allison when she was younger with a busted lip, probably from all the abuse.
I know that now, I was the one who posted the picture here and asked if it was a busted lip from abuse.
Oo-wee-oo I look just like Buddy Holly.

User avatar
msmart112
Amityville_Member
Posts: 1932

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by msmart112 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 pm

gd134 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm
Big Ronnie physically abused the younger kids all the time, which is why they stopped having friends over from school. This is a definite fact.
Nonsense.

What proof (or even evidence) do you have that Mr. DeFeo abused the younger kids all the time...if ever?

As for your ridiculous claim that the kids stopped having friends over...

John Donahue testified to being at the house playing with John the day before the murders.

Grace Fagan testified about being at the house seven days a week.

Anthony Gangitano talked about sleeping over at the house often...including within a few weeks of the murders.

So much for your definite fact. :roll:
Image

gd134
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 pm
gd134 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm
Big Ronnie physically abused the younger kids all the time, which is why they stopped having friends over from school. This is a definite fact.
Nonsense.

What proof (or even evidence) do you have that Mr. DeFeo abused the younger kids all the time...if ever?

As for your ridiculous claim that the kids stopped having friends over...

John Donahue testified to being at the house playing with John the day before the murders.

Grace Fagan testified about being at the house seven days a week.

Anthony Gangitano talked about sleeping over at the house often...including within a few weeks of the murders.

So much for your definite fact. :roll:
I am very surprised that you refuse to believe the definite fact that Mr. Defeo was an abusive man. In fact, that is the main reason Ronnie was such a bad person. He was abused nearly his whole life by his father. Many people like the Defeo's closest friends have testified that Big Ronnie was an abusive man. That is one reason neighbors in Amityville feared Mr. Defeo. You don't need to be a scientist to believe that Big Ronnie was abusive. Why do you think Dawn wanted to leave the house soooo bad to live with her boyfriend, which was proven by an affidavit given by her boyfriend. What proof (or evidence) do you have that Big Ronnie wasn't abusive? This story that I wrote that explains
what my Grandpa encountered when he walked past the Defeo house should be enough proof to prove my statement. I'll be honest, I am not confident that all the Defeo kids stopped having friends over, but I know for sure Allison did. In conclusion, there is no denying that Mr. Defeo was normally an abusive father because I have provided you with testimonies from people who know the Defeo's well. So far, you are the only one on this post who disagrees with me.

User avatar
msmart112
Amityville_Member
Posts: 1932

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by msmart112 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm

gd134 wrote:That is one reason neighbors in Amityville feared Mr. Defeo.
Which neighbors feared Mr. DeFeo? Do you have names and legitimate sources...or are you just making this up?
gd134 wrote: Why do you think Dawn wanted to leave the house soooo bad to live with her boyfriend, which was proven by an affidavit given by her boyfriend.
That affidavit was about as credible as Ric Osuna and his pathetic book. :lol:

You're obviously either very young or not very intelligent...but if you're serious about learning more about this case...use the search function on this board. There is a wealth of information for you to find...unless you've already made up your mind and would rather ignore the truth.
Image

User avatar
astonio
Resident
Posts: 942
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by astonio » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 am

gd134 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 pm
msmart112 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 pm
gd134 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm
Big Ronnie physically abused the younger kids all the time, which is why they stopped having friends over from school. This is a definite fact.
Nonsense.

What proof (or even evidence) do you have that Mr. DeFeo abused the younger kids all the time...if ever?

As for your ridiculous claim that the kids stopped having friends over...

John Donahue testified to being at the house playing with John the day before the murders.

Grace Fagan testified about being at the house seven days a week.

Anthony Gangitano talked about sleeping over at the house often...including within a few weeks of the murders.

So much for your definite fact. :roll:
So far, you are the only one on this post who disagrees with me.
No he isn't. I disagree with you as well.
"Everywhere I went wuz like uh telephone; no answer."

gd134
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:24 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm
gd134 wrote:That is one reason neighbors in Amityville feared Mr. Defeo.
Which neighbors feared Mr. DeFeo? Do you have names and legitimate sources...or are you just making this up?
gd134 wrote: Why do you think Dawn wanted to leave the house soooo bad to live with her boyfriend, which was proven by an affidavit given by her boyfriend.
That affidavit was about as credible as Ric Osuna and his pathetic book. :lol:

You're obviously either very young or not very intelligent...but if you're serious about learning more about this case...use the search function on this board. There is a wealth of information for you to find...unless you've already made up your mind and would rather ignore the truth.
Msmart, I need you to take a good hard look at yourself. So far, you have criticized my claims for no reason while I actually provided you the sources of my information. Maybe if you weren't so ignorant, you would know that Rufus Ireland, the Defeo's next door neighbor and a long resident in Amityville, described the family and how bad they were in a documentary. You still deny that the Defeo's had a bad reputation in Amityville and I don't understand why. All of this is proven information that comes from many people who testified in court and other documents. Before you say that I am "unintelligent" or "very young", you should atleast try to prove me wrong instead of making fun of my claims. Once again, you can't deny that the Defeo's had a bad reputation in Amityville. You wanna know where I get my information from? Try watching this video: . I wish you would realize how pathetic you are before calling me unintelligent. You yourself can't even conversate with respect, so why should I even bother debating with you?! I have honestly never seen an adult communicate with such disrespect, and that makes me question if you are actually a true adult. I don't trust Ric Osuna's book and I believe Ronnie killed his family, but I will always believe that the Defeo's were a dysfunctional family.

High Hopes112
Amityville Member
Posts: 22

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by High Hopes112 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm
gd134 wrote:That is one reason neighbors in Amityville feared Mr. Defeo.
Which neighbors feared Mr. DeFeo? Do you have names and legitimate sources...or are you just making this up?
gd134 wrote: Why do you think Dawn wanted to leave the house soooo bad to live with her boyfriend, which was proven by an affidavit given by her boyfriend.
That affidavit was about as credible as Ric Osuna and his pathetic book. :lol:

You're obviously either very young or not very intelligent...but if you're serious about learning more about this case...use the search function on this board. There is a wealth of information for you to find...unless you've already made up your mind and would rather ignore the truth.
I hate to say it sir, but I don't think you deserve to be on this forum! Instead of communicating properly like a mannered person, you disrespected the owner of this post. You could at least try listing your own sources that explains why you are right instead of just calling his arguments bogus. As for you gd134, I am very sorry that msmart112 disrespected you. I would recommend ignoring him.

gd134
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:51 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm
gd134 wrote:That is one reason neighbors in Amityville feared Mr. Defeo.
Which neighbors feared Mr. DeFeo? Do you have names and legitimate sources...or are you just making this up?
gd134 wrote: Why do you think Dawn wanted to leave the house soooo bad to live with her boyfriend, which was proven by an affidavit given by her boyfriend.
That affidavit was about as credible as Ric Osuna and his pathetic book. :lol:

I would never make anything up, because it is wrong. Keep in mind that just because I believe that the Defeo's were dysfunctional doesn't mean I am a fan of Ric Osuna's book. I believe that Ronnie did kill his family. I have read Ric Osuna's book, and it turned out to be nothing but a waste of $20.

Amrose
**New Account**
Posts: 1

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by Amrose » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:20 pm

Hm that is interesting story. Yeh theres been stuff floating around years that was an explosive household that he could have been abusing the kids for years my hubby has got some italian blood in him and can be um volatile people. Its still sad turn of events that happened i was only 2 when it made national news and not like my parents said anything on it. But i remember watching the moive on tv at age 6 and my mom got me the books to read as i guess horror novels so that got me fascinated in the story at least from the lutz view it still seems like its not real what happened to them and ronnie still sitting in jail changing his story. Or. Whatever it is but sometimes a household or family can be so much drugs ronnie, screaming, back then it was kind of normal for parents to whack the kids around keep in line big ronnie may have gone over the line with it and wife could not do much about it. Neighbors probable did not want to get involved knowing the mafia ties. Some of the hood kids may not have seen anything amiss on the days they were there families can behave themselves. Its horrible as it sometimes the way on of bad situation is death. Hopefully those kids spirits have moved on or remain in the house watching over new families. Though i think i would be saging the crap out of it though it looks like pretty home all fixed now

gd134
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by gd134 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Amrose wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:20 pm
Hm that is interesting story. Yeh theres been stuff floating around years that was an explosive household that he could have been abusing the kids for years my hubby has got some italian blood in him and can be um volatile people. Its still sad turn of events that happened i was only 2 when it made national news and not like my parents said anything on it. But i remember watching the moive on tv at age 6 and my mom got me the books to read as i guess horror novels so that got me fascinated in the story at least from the lutz view it still seems like its not real what happened to them and ronnie still sitting in jail changing his story. Or. Whatever it is but sometimes a household or family can be so much drugs ronnie, screaming, back then it was kind of normal for parents to whack the kids around keep in line big ronnie may have gone over the line with it and wife could not do much about it. Neighbors probable did not want to get involved knowing the mafia ties. Some of the hood kids may not have seen anything amiss on the days they were there families can behave themselves. Its horrible as it sometimes the way on of bad situation is death. Hopefully those kids spirits have moved on or remain in the house watching over new families. Though i think i would be saging the crap out of it though it looks like pretty home all fixed now
Exactly! The neighbors themselves privately admitted they feared the Defeo family because they had a connection to the mafia. That's the only way Big Ronnie could ever afford such a big house.

User avatar
msmart112
Amityville_Member
Posts: 1932

Re: My Grandpa told me a story about Mr. Defeo in 2014 before he died.... and I don't give a damn if you think its fake.

Post by msmart112 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:28 pm

gd134 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 pm
The neighbors themselves privately admitted they feared the Defeo family because they had a connection to the mafia.
Privately admitted to who?
Image

Post Reply