Did the DeFeo's have any connection to western PA/Pittsburgh?

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
indigo_turquoise
Amityville Member

Did the DeFeo's have any connection to western PA/Pittsburgh?

Post by indigo_turquoise » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello,
I was just browsing through some genealogy stuff (geni.com) to see if the Amityville DeFeo family was related to mobster Pete DeFeo (which I now know they are). While on Ronald Sr.'s page, I noticed that it showed some records of the murder from newspapers in the Pittsburgh area, which I was had just been looking up a few minutes before! I thought that maybe my computer thought my location was there and so the website automatically linked to files from that area, but then I was doing research in a public library, wasn't logged into my google account or anything, and I saw the records on the same page again. Can anyone confirm this for me? Just go into geni.com, look up ronald defeo sr, scroll down to where it shows newspaper thumbnails (for me the first few say middlesboro, then if you move it to the right some from western PA/pittsburgh show up. If anyone else has the same results without being anywhere near PA/having recently looked it up I guess thats a pretty weird coincidence for me! Is there a chance they (particularly Big Ronnie) had some connections or relatives in that area, maybe they manage the account or something? Thanks!

believer
Amityville Member

Re: Did the DeFeo's have any connection to western PA/Pittsburgh?

Post by believer » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:27 pm

I can almost guarantee that the account is managed by a 'fan'. DeFeo relatives have stayed out of the public eye for over 40 years now.....they're not going to start by making a profile on some genealogy website with the only information referring to articles about the murders from all over the country (Pennsylvania, Indiana and Kentucky are listed there).

High Hopes112
Amityville Member

Post by High Hopes112 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:51 pm

indigo_turquoise wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:38 pm
Hello,
I was just browsing through some genealogy stuff (geni.com) to see if the Amityville DeFeo family was related to mobster Pete DeFeo (which I now know they are). While on Ronald Sr.'s page, I noticed that it showed some records of the murder from newspapers in the Pittsburgh area, which I was had just been looking up a few minutes before! I thought that maybe my computer thought my location was there and so the website automatically linked to files from that area, but then I was doing research in a public library, wasn't logged into my google account or anything, and I saw the records on the same page again. Can anyone confirm this for me? Just go into geni.com, look up ronald defeo sr, scroll down to where it shows newspaper thumbnails (for me the first few say middlesboro, then if you move it to the right some from western PA/pittsburgh show up. If anyone else has the same results without being anywhere near PA/having recently looked it up I guess thats a pretty weird coincidence for me! Is there a chance they (particularly Big Ronnie) had some connections or relatives in that area, maybe they manage the account or something? Thanks!
I'm afraid it's true, the Defeo family is heavily involved with the Mob. Ronald Defeo Sr. has murdered multiple people when dealing with Mob business. This has been confirmed but never made public. The Defeo dealership was also involved with the mob because that's where Mr. Brigante stored dead bodies for sale. According to Ric Osuna's book, on one occasion, Mr. Defeo invited a Vietnam veteran to his boat house, turned on the machinery, and shot him because he knew too much about the mob business. That's some pretty interesting stuff you found on that website, it provides more evidence of the Defeo family's connections. Although, I'm not a hundred percent sure they had relatives or connections in that area.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:11 am

High Hopes112 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:51 pm
According to Ric Osuna's book...
There aren't many people left who give that book any credit... Even the documentary version abandoned its findings!

High Hopes112
Amityville Member

Post by High Hopes112 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:18 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:11 am
High Hopes112 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:51 pm
According to Ric Osuna's book...
There aren't many people left who give that book any credit... Even the documentary version abandoned its findings!
Although that might be true, I can guarantee you that the part about Ronnie Sr. committing the mob murders is absolutely true and confirmed because the Suffolk county police and other authorities have records of it. People discredit the book because they doubt Ric Osuna's story of the murders, but the family information provided in the book came from a reliable source and is true. Since Ronnie Sr worked at a car dealership as a service manager run by the mob, we can confirm this evidence is genuine because after the murders, the police discovered lots of crates full of dead bodies at the dealership. Therefore, it is more likely that Ronnie Sr was also involved in murder because of that reason.

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:50 am

High Hopes112 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:18 pm
People discredit the book because they doubt Ric Osuna's story of the murders, but the family information provided in the book came from a reliable source and is true. Since Ronnie Sr worked at a car dealership as a service manager run by the mob, we can confirm this evidence is genuine because after the murders, the police discovered lots of crates full of dead bodies at the dealership. Therefore, it is more likely that Ronnie Sr was also involved in murder because of that reason.
I'm sitting here trying to figure out if you (High Hopes112) are just a troll or you are actually believing what you wrote. :think:

A reliable source? Who? Geraldine Gates?? Even her own son has been on this board refuting every thing she's ever claimed in her connection to Butch. Is your name Ryan by any chance?

The police discovered lots of crates full of dead bodies at the dealership after the murders? You have got to be freaking kidding me, right? Not sure where this one came from....first I've ever heard about it.....but it sounds like something that would be in Osuna's book.....funny that I've owned a copy for over a decade and still can't bring myself to read it. I keep it next to my other unread Amityville-related book....the disaster by Kaplan.

Is this all for real or is this just another episode of Scattered Dopes??? SMH :wall: :redx:

High Hopes112
Amityville Member

Post by High Hopes112 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 pm

believer wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:50 am
High Hopes112 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:18 pm
People discredit the book because they doubt Ric Osuna's story of the murders, but the family information provided in the book came from a reliable source and is true. Since Ronnie Sr worked at a car dealership as a service manager run by the mob, we can confirm this evidence is genuine because after the murders, the police discovered lots of crates full of dead bodies at the dealership. Therefore, it is more likely that Ronnie Sr was also involved in murder because of that reason.

A reliable source? Who? Geraldine Gates?? Even her own son has been on this board refuting every thing she's ever claimed in her connection to Butch. Is your name Ryan by any chance?- Alright, I see. Your one of those people who hate Ryan Katzenbach and discredit him. However, please note that he is not the only one who makes these claims. How are you so sure that her own son has been on this board refuting Geraldine's claims? The fact that you don't believe that Geraldine was married to Butch is such a ridiculous claim and I think you need to do more research on this case. Even if Geraldine's son was on this board, you need to know that Butch and Geraldine have changed their minds about their claims 200 times. After the Amityville murders, Rocco Defeo and Mr. Brigante informed Geraldine that she will no longer be Butch's legal wife, because that was apart of their plan to prove Butch is innocent. My point is, there is way too much evidence to overwhelm your claim of Geraldine's connection to Butch

I'm not in complete favor of Ryan Katzenbach or Ric Osuna, but I encourage you to spend a little money, buy a few books and documentaries, and hopefully you will know what I mean. Amityville is way more then just someone killing his family in a three story house and some other family claiming the house is haunted and caused them to leave. If you would like to carry out a long conversation on this topic, I'm available. I can give you a phone number or email, which ever you prefer.

The police discovered lots of crates full of dead bodies at the dealership after the murders. This statement is not only in Ric Osuna's book, but in multiple documentaries that go deep into Amityville. If Butch lied about his family's connection to the mob, the police would find out. But in this case, he didn't. Just think about it. If you remove the part about the mob business from the full Amityville story, none of it will make sense not even in the slightest. Those dead bodies found at the dealership along with other stuff are the main reason why the Defeo's could afford a three story dutch colonial. This family is more evil then you think, and I would encourage you to do more research with respect if you don't believe me instead of calling me a troll. I don't believe the things I hear the first time, so I gather my own information and form my own opinion.

High Hopes112
Amityville Member

Post by High Hopes112 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 pm

believer wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:27 pm
I can almost guarantee that the account is managed by a 'fan'. DeFeo relatives have stayed out of the public eye for over 40 years now.....they're not going to start by making a profile on some genealogy website with the only information referring to articles about the murders from all over the country (Pennsylvania, Indiana and Kentucky are listed there).
Yes, that is true. The Defeo relatives have stayed out of the public eye very well. However, that genealogy website only contains basic information about the Defeo's like date of birth, date of death, etc. This kind of information can appear on any kind of ancestry website without anyone's approval.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:15 pm

High Hopes112 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 pm
How are you so sure that her own son has been on this board refuting Geraldine's claims?
Because Ryan tried to sue him and drag this board into it!

Here's Peter's first thread:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8526

And one of his last:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11582

And here's the lawsuit, Ryan VS Peter:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9474

The fact that you don't believe that Geraldine was married to Butch is such a ridiculous claim and I think you need to do more research on this case. Even if Geraldine's son was on this board, you need to know that Butch and Geraldine have changed their minds about their claims 200 times.
How would them changing their minds help their case? Surely it would weaken it?

The police discovered lots of crates full of dead bodies at the dealership after the murders. This statement is not only in Ric Osuna's book, but in multiple documentaries that go deep into Amityville.
Which ones? We've seen them all, but I do not recall this claim either. Nor was it in the newspapers at the time.

High Hopes112
Amityville Member

Post by High Hopes112 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:21 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:15 pm
High Hopes112 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 pm
How are you so sure that her own son has been on this board refuting Geraldine's claims?
Because Ryan tried to sue him and drag this board into it!

Here's Peter's first thread:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8526

And one of his last:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11582

And here's the lawsuit, Ryan VS Peter:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9474

The fact that you don't believe that Geraldine was married to Butch is such a ridiculous claim and I think you need to do more research on this case. Even if Geraldine's son was on this board, you need to know that Butch and Geraldine have changed their minds about their claims 200 times.
How would them changing their minds help their case? Surely it would weaken it?

The police discovered lots of crates full of dead bodies at the dealership after the murders. This statement is not only in Ric Osuna's book, but in multiple documentaries that go deep into Amityville.
Which ones? We've seen them all, but I do not recall this claim either. Nor was it in the newspapers at the time.
Holy crap, all I can say is, thank you for this valuable information. I have spent 2 hours reading through the forums that you provided and now I'm really starting to question a few facts. It provided an abundant amount of evidence for me to realize how stupid some of the claims are. But, there is one thing that I still believe. Shea Marie, daughter of Geraldine, is most likely to be Ronnie's daughter because of how closely she resembles Dawn Defeo. I will continue my research, although I know that it will take me a long time to find a good result. If Geraldine is lying, which I'm still kinda sure she might not be, I don't know how someone can get away with so many lies.