The sewing room

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:23 pm

FoxyJ wrote:An odd thing to do but would explain the diagram. Thanks again Dan.

Fox :)
I believe that was a popular trend in the '70s, wasn't it?
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Dunno. Mirrored ceilings were popular... Walls? Maybe...

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Chichibcc wrote:
FoxyJ wrote:An odd thing to do but would explain the diagram. Thanks again Dan.

I believe that was a popular trend in the '70s, wasn't it?
They would sell the 12 in. by 12 in. mirrors that had the self adhesive backing just pull and stick.Like linoleum tiles.Growing up I remeber seeing that same mirror pattern with the wavy black lines going through it, kinda reminded me of lightning or something.
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Mirror tiles were very popular but I never knew of anyone actually blocking a window with them. I had them on various walls/wardrobe doors etc., they were effective in create a sense of space. Mirrored ceiling were quite another matter. :wink:

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Post by Kinzoku » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:15 pm

FoxyJ wrote:Mirror tiles were very popular but I never knew of anyone actually blocking a window with them. I had them on various walls/wardrobe doors etc., they were effective in create a sense of space. Mirrored ceiling were quite another matter. :wink:

Fox
Wasn't the DeFeo's bed a King Size or posb/ a California (bit larger) King? If that were the case it would surely fill a moderate sized bedroom (before the supposed xpansion to TV room) quickly. Maybe that's why the window was blocked, because of the bed?

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 pm

You could well be correct Kinzoku; personally I'd prefer to have the window but perhaps it was already blocked when the DeFeo family moved in - each to his own; I found the layout of the first (UK) floor rather confusing until Dan explained it.

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Post by Kinzoku » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:52 pm

FoxyJ wrote:You could well be correct Kinzoku; personally I'd prefer to have the window but perhaps it was already blocked when the DeFeo family moved in - each to his own; I found the layout of the first (UK) floor rather confusing until Dan explained it.

you got that right. betw 4 books (hrcvr AH,paperback AH and 'conspiricy by Kaplan), 2 AH movies, parts II, III and 3D and these sites, that house's floorplan is a jumbled mess to me now. but the mirrored master bedroom? So 70's...so easy to remember 'cu we partied when parents were away. Wilson needs to invite me over to refresh my memory of the layout.....I promise no iphone snaps, too! :P

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:19 am

The sewing room and Allison's room were combined to make an office, the Master and TV room were combined to make a master bedroom, it's now a 4 bedroom home. I've been there, was there last spring, night and day front and back. It only makes sense to lay it out like that. Butch and Dawn's rooms were bigger than the Master bedroom on the second floor in the 70's... that makes no sense, now they're both smaller than both bedrooms downstairs. Yes I'm sure if Wilson leaves one could turn the office into a bedroom.
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:45 pm

t00nCiNaToR wrote:The sewing room and Allison's room were combined to make an office, the Master and TV room were combined to make a master bedroom, it's now a 4 bedroom home. I've been there, was there last spring, night and day front and back. It only makes sense to lay it out like that.
Are you an architect? Because I would think it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to gauge the current layout of the house just from inspecting it from the outside.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Chichibcc wrote:Are you an architect? Because I would think it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to gauge the current layout of the house just from inspecting it from the outside.
I know, it's people like you who have never been to the house and dream that everytime Brian Wilson turns on his Bedroom light he pays a troll to turn on the light in the TV room at Exactly the same second... Did it ever occur to you that every Night shot you've seen since he started upgrading the place has both front windows lit up, coincidence you say... yeah and I got some ghosts to sell ya. Only $10.00 Canadian... they're in a jar.

Not to mention when I saw the back of his place the second floor was lit up the same way, I never saw the lights come on in the back so I can't prove it(Or go out, even for myself)but I have seen pictures of the office, saw his PC and doorway to the Hallway, I'm sure someone can post the pic with the open back sliding door... but the front... I don't have to be an architect only someone with a brain and eyes to see the lights come on and have an ounce of common sense.

I'd put money on the fact he has 3 doors on the 2nd floor landing, Bathroom, TV room, and the sewing room, the others were sealed off, it makes sense architechtually that he'd keep the doors even and centered more to the bathroom... but they could be kitty corner master and sewing room or vice versa... who knows untill Brian Wilson finally does a Home and Garden exclusive.
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:52 pm

t00nCiNaToR wrote:who knows untill Brian Wilson finally does a Home and Garden exclusive.
Yeah, right! I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. :lol:

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:44 am

t00nCiNaToR wrote:who knows untill Brian Wilson finally does a Home and Garden exclusive.
Chichibcc wrote: Yeah, right! I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. :lol:
You're probably right I'm sure.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Re: The sewing room

Post by Brooke Forrester » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:42 am

I know this is an old topic but I found it in a search.

I would say the reason the sewing room was the most possessed, would be because two people were killed in there, and they were young children as well. If you believe it was demons, I could see why they would be most attracted to that room.

Also Dawn’s room gave them trouble and this makes sense because I read her wound was the most violent.

Of course according to the book all rooms had troubles.

I believe the murders brought the activity, not that it always was haunted. I think that was added in to make the story more exciting and take away from the murders so as not to offend the DeFeo relatives. Most murder stories/haunting, like say, the Villisca story, the relatives are very distant by the time these stories get out, but in this case the murders only happened a year before.