Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:27 pm

VintageBoy91 wrote:Was this photo of the children taken in 112 Ocean Avenue?
I'm not sure about the location.
Someone here said it was taken in 1969.

It's still hard for me to believe that this picture was taken in 1969. Even if I remember reading somewhere that it's claimed that this picture is from Easter Sunday of 1969. So, if this picture is really from that day, it was shot on 6th April 1969.

Paulie76801
Amityville Member

Post by Paulie76801 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:38 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:
VintageBoy91 wrote:Now we know the DeFeo portraits were made in 1971. And we know the age of the children, when the portraits were made.
So Ronnie was 20, Dawn was 15, Allison was 10, Marc was 9 and John was 6.
Louise was 40 and BigRonnie was 41. Good to know.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't it funny how the people on this board do WAY better research than those OTHER people?

On this thread, this page, for sure. But I'd like to have back the hours I've wasted on hundreds, or thousands of pages of useless, pretentious, grossly incompetent failing armchair detectives' blithering speculations. A LOT of people chasing their tails with stupid speculations and sourceless rumor spreading nonsense, on what, at first glance appears to be a titanic investigative resource. I've gathered maybe a paragraph worth of credible information from this entire site.
I've learned more from a single CSI episode; a person who has read a single unrelated true-crime investigative paperback would amount to appear to be Sherlock Holmes on this site. Admittedly, I'm only a three-year insurance investigator, and the Defeo case is a unique and very difficult case, largely due to Butch being a pathological liar. I have obsessively researched this case all this year thus far and shocked myself by, I believe, arriving at the real motive behind the murders, but I won't bother to share it here because I would likely be disputed by unscientific people who, for example, "need" more pictures of a dead 13 year-old to lust after. Whew! Thank you, though, for a gem-quality job with the location of the photo of the kids. That corner of the house, and the Defeo's couch had eluded me due to (almost) having not been photographically documented. Now if you will excuse me....

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun May 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Paulie76801 wrote:But I'd like to have back the hours I've wasted on hundreds, or thousands of pages of useless, pretentious, grossly incompetent failing armchair detectives' blithering speculations.(...) I've gathered maybe a paragraph worth of credible information from this entire site.
Glad to be of service!
I have obsessively researched this case all this year thus far and shocked myself by, I believe, arriving at the real motive behind the murders, but I won't bother to share it here because I would likely be disputed by unscientific people
You should contact Reelz - there might be a documentary in it for you ;)

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun May 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Paulie76801 wrote:
BooshaGirl wrote:
VintageBoy91 wrote:Now we know the DeFeo portraits were made in 1971. And we know the age of the children, when the portraits were made.
So Ronnie was 20, Dawn was 15, Allison was 10, Marc was 9 and John was 6.
Louise was 40 and BigRonnie was 41. Good to know.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't it funny how the people on this board do WAY better research than those OTHER people?

On this thread, this page, for sure. But I'd like to have back the hours I've wasted on hundreds, or thousands of pages of useless, pretentious, grossly incompetent failing armchair detectives' blithering speculations. A LOT of people chasing their tails with stupid speculations and sourceless rumor spreading nonsense, on what, at first glance appears to be a titanic investigative resource. I've gathered maybe a paragraph worth of credible information from this entire site.
I've learned more from a single CSI episode; a person who has read a single unrelated true-crime investigative paperback would amount to appear to be Sherlock Holmes on this site. Admittedly, I'm only a three-year insurance investigator, and the Defeo case is a unique and very difficult case, largely due to Butch being a pathological liar. I have obsessively researched this case all this year thus far and shocked myself by, I believe, arriving at the real motive behind the murders, but I won't bother to share it here because I would likely be disputed by unscientific people who, for example, "need" more pictures of a dead 13 year-old to lust after. Whew! Thank you, though, for a gem-quality job with the location of the photo of the kids. That corner of the house, and the Defeo's couch had eluded me due to (almost) having not been photographically documented. Now if you will excuse me....
I guess you must have found the paragraph Dan was referring to? Lol
FIRE THAT THING UP!