Amityville Models/Dollhouses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Anarane
Amityville Member

Re: Amityville Models/Dollhouses

Post by Anarane » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:34 am

AMAZING. I'm in awe of all of your skills! So, so impressive. :)

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am

Wow that's really good with the chandelier! So accurate!
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 am

Thanks both of you! I actually revamped it a bit to make it more like the one on the set. I'll post pics after the dining room is finished.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:14 pm

And so here it is.

First pic, the chandelier on the 1979 set in the dining room.

This is the finished product in the dining room of my house. Dining room still isnt finished but is very close.

Looking into the foyer..

What I have so far..

The staircase is still sitting freely and still isnt glued into place. Banister is just resting on the balusters and not glued. Still have to finished painting the balusters and re seat them on the steps.

Looks strange around the front door doesnt it? I needed to remove the canopy and front landing to access under the house from the front and the only way to do that was to remove the front landing. Had to remove them anyway so they can be removed with ease to make the house fit through a door.

So after all that and making tabs to put on and take off the landing and canopy, its all back in place with no glue. After that I also installed pins to hold the shutters in place. They would never say still when any kind of wind blows past them.

A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:25 am

Well, of course everything looks awesome... it looks great. Is the wallpaper in the dining room is from any of the movies?

I still wish I could make one like yours!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:20 am

antny000 wrote:Well, of course everything looks awesome... it looks great. Is the wallpaper in the dining room is from any of the movies?

I still wish I could make one like yours!
Yes. Its a clone from the 1st movie edited just as I did with the foyer and living room.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Dining room is finished! It is the 2nd room in the house that has no more work to be done. Its even been vacuumed.

This is from the set for comparison. I made the radiator too high but its a done deal now lol

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:52 pm

I'm not sure if I had asked this before and this thread is just way too long for me to check lol

But how will the house "open up" when it's done? on the back? I remember one house you did was setup so that each floor separated...

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Yes the inside will be accessible from the back. Some rooms such as the dining room and a couple bedrooms on the 2nd level wont be so easy to access other than through the doorway. The last house I did opened up from the back and the floors were removable. At least thats how it would have been if completed although didnt make the house very sturdy. This house, the floors will be permanent and double layered. the first layer will go in as sections as I started over the kitchen and dining room. The next will go over the foyer then the next in the livingroom. I'll layout all the canister lights and wiring then overlap it all with 2 whole sheets of foam board to complete the floor. This house is pretty solid now even with the back off. Will take a lot to tear this one down!

Here is with the back open as it is most of the time.

And with the back on and latched. There are 4 latches...2 on the roof and 2 on the sides.

The tabs you see sticking out by the kitchen will be part of the kitchen addon/balcony/backdoor. This will allow that section to be removed when needed and for access. I did around the front door the same way so now the landing and canopy holds tightly against the house without glue.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:28 am

I wish I had done something like that when I built mine, made parts removable... though my house was already completely assembled, except for the base, which is removable ad will definitely have to come off whenever we move out of our apartment.

I've actually been saving your pictures in a folder since you started posting them and it's always fun looking at seeing how far it's come. I go through the ones I took of my house sometimes, just to look back and remember "Hey, this was just pieces of cardboard at one point." lol

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:00 am

antny000 wrote:I wish I had done something like that when I built mine, made parts removable... though my house was already completely assembled, except for the base, which is removable ad will definitely have to come off whenever we move out of our apartment.

I've actually been saving your pictures in a folder since you started posting them and it's always fun looking at seeing how far it's come. I go through the ones I took of my house sometimes, just to look back and remember "Hey, this was just pieces of cardboard at one point." lol
Yes that's why I planned ahead this time. The front door landing and canopy was permanently attached to this house when I built it then realized it needed to be removed if the house had to be moved out of the room or even shipped if I do for sure decide to sell it. So I modified that issue. Never too late to modify things.

That's cool you saved the pics. I have more in my album than I actually post. After you posted that about looking to see how far its come, I looked back on this thread from the beginning and WOW! yes its come a long way! Everything I said I was going to do then has been done as of now. This house has been built so much better than the last ones I've done.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:36 am

That's how all of my houses were... each one was an improvement on the last, and obviously the one I have currently is most definitely the best one I've made. Maybe someday down the road I'll sell it and redo it with the interior, like yours (or pay you to build me one) lol

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:35 pm

antny000 wrote:That's how all of my houses were... each one was an improvement on the last, and obviously the one I have currently is most definitely the best one I've made. Maybe someday down the road I'll sell it and redo it with the interior, like yours (or pay you to build me one) lol
Heck I wouldnt mind. Doing this takes the real life stress away. I wouldnt know what to do next after this gets done. May do a real house version but thats still up in the air.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:16 pm

I would either have to hit the lottery or save up for a long time... your house has probably already cost you quite a bit and it's not done so I can only imagine what the final cost would be.

I've been keeping a total on my current dollhouse so I know how much I've spent so far and how much I'll spend in total when it's finished.

The exterior is almost done, the back needs some more shingles and then the shingles need to be painted black, which I plan on doing tomorrow. We have an A/C unit in our living room in the wall, below our picture window, so on the exterior of the dollhouse, I created the unit sticking out of the wall. I couldn't make the interior because there's not enough room between the window sill and baseboard to fit, but it looks pretty good on the outside!

After the shingles, I just need to add hedges and electric/ meters. After that I can start focusing on the inside again. I'll probably work my way through the house beginning with the smallest work to the most, the bathroom only needs a few small things, so I'll probably do that room first. Then the dining room because it's 80% furnished already.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 am

Wow, that looks absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see the finished product.
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:26 pm

antny000 wrote:I would either have to hit the lottery or save up for a long time... your house has probably already cost you quite a bit and it's not done so I can only imagine what the final cost would be.

I've been keeping a total on my current dollhouse so I know how much I've spent so far and how much I'll spend in total when it's finished.

The exterior is almost done, the back needs some more shingles and then the shingles need to be painted black, which I plan on doing tomorrow. We have an A/C unit in our living room in the wall, below our picture window, so on the exterior of the dollhouse, I created the unit sticking out of the wall. I couldn't make the interior because there's not enough room between the window sill and baseboard to fit, but it looks pretty good on the outside!

After the shingles, I just need to add hedges and electric/ meters. After that I can start focusing on the inside again. I'll probably work my way through the house beginning with the smallest work to the most, the bathroom only needs a few small things, so I'll probably do that room first. Then the dining room because it's 80% furnished already.
I lost count back in January I think it was. Then it was closing in to $1000.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Chichibcc wrote:Wow, that looks absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thank you! :D It'll take a while before it's finished so I can't wait either. lol Feel free to check back once in a while for updates. I think once it is done, I may do a video tour of the entire house.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:39 pm

So this is what I've been working on this weekend here and there. Started working on the wall sconces for the foyer.

Both are done for the first floor. Only thing left is the crystals that go on them.

Kitchen is also on the works. Lights are now on for the kitchen.

This is where all the wires for the entire house come out at. This is one main reason why I left this corner unfinished until I knew for sure I was done with running all the wires. Now that they are done and once I finish the addon for the kitchen, I can finish the rest of the house on the outside.

Kitchen. Looks bright and modern but modern is my intention for the kitchen, bathrooms and a few bedrooms.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:10 am

Looking good!

And when you finish this one, I think you should definitely do a real-life version of the house as you were thinking about.:)

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:Looking good!

And when you finish this one, I think you should definitely do a real-life version of the house as you were thinking about.:)
Thank you Brooke! I'm really thinking about it. In the meantime, I'm coming up with more ideas with this one and blending some of the old style interior of the real house on Ocean Ave. with this one...just in the bedrooms. I'm working on using the wallpaper of Allisons room and using it in the room where "Amy" slept in the movie (rather than just paint it). The master bedroom will have the mirrored wall (already have the mirror tiles for it) and on the 3rd floor, it will have 2 rooms and a bathroom. One of those rooms I'll be working on using the wallpaper from Dawns room and THAT will be interesting to do. Cant clone the wallpaper in Dawns room because of the reflection I need but will have to copy the pattern. As for Allisons room, that will be completely cloned as I have done with the rest of the house so far.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:29 pm

All that sounds really great! I especially love the wallpaper in Dawn's room, that will be interesting to see how it comes out for your house. :)