Amityville Models/Dollhouses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

Re: Amityville Models/Dollhouses

Postby Amity108 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:55 am

antny000 wrote:I'm sitting here shaking my head at how good this is... it's coming out so well!

Yes it is and thank you Anthony! I have now gone farther in progress and details than I have with any other house I've done.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby quotestheraven » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:02 am

That is really awesome!
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby Amity108 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:17 pm

quotestheraven wrote:That is really awesome!

Thank you Raven! It sure has come a long way! :)
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby BionicRose90 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:44 pm

Has anyone ever done an Amityville gingerbread house?! (these are really awesome btw). 8-)
BionicRose90
Amityville Member

Postby Amity108 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 am

BionicRose90 wrote:Has anyone ever done an Amityville gingerbread house?! (these are really awesome btw). 8-)

Thank you! I think I've seen one done and was posted somewhere on this forum.
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby Amity108 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:56 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4314&p=60073&hilit=gingerbread#p60073

The link for the pics though doesn't work.
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby Amity108 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:08 pm

So while working on the wallpaper along the stairway wall, there is a seam where the second floor is layered across. Thought I had it flush enough to hide it well if I wallpapered over the seam. Didnt work. The bump was exposed. So I took that section of wallpaper back out and tried to cover it up with putty. Still not good enough and I didnt want a seam to show with the wallpaper joining together so I ripped that whole section down to the first floor. Redid that section of wall along the stairs and covered the whole thing up with really think paper but had to embed it into the wall so it is flush. Wallpapered over it and now looks good! I then had only 1 sheet left of the foyer wallpaper....DAMNIT! Now I have to print more out but I couldnt find what I had used before. That put a huge speed bump in my progress! After about a week on spare time, I already had the pattern but had to match the color. A lot of paper and a lot of time went by and I have it as close as I can get it.

Here is the seam I was describing

After redoing the wall, it's all covered now.

The section of wallpaper to the far right on the right of the baluster, is one of the new printed sheets that had to be remade. The seam is above the baluster. Close enough I guess. lol

Trying to get all that underway so I can make the doors and get this room finished.

Also, today I finally decided to make the lattice for the chimneys. Felt I needed to do this to hang the wreaths for Christmas. Thought I'd see how it would turn out anyway.

Kitchen end.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby antny000 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:17 pm

I love the trellises, I didn't know how to make them so I bought a few, I think on ebay... they don't look nearly as detailed as yours do compared to the one from the movie, but it was the best I could find lol

I'm hoping I hit the lottery in the near future for if you decide to sell this house lol

I think at this point, I've built so many over the years and with my latest one I'm satisfied, but if I did own another one, it would be pre-made.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Amity108 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:28 pm

It was kinda like a painter painting a portrait. I was looking at a photo of the movie house as I was building. Thats pretty much how this whole house has been built. lol The lattice is the right length on all 3 but I'll have to re-position the supports that go across....theres 8 of them on 2 and 3 on the other. The tops and bottoms are too close to the edge. These are made of the mullion sticks that I've been telling you about. Same thing I've used for the mullions in the quarter round windows and the side windows at the front door. Theyre very flexible and easy to work with.
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby antny000 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:52 pm

That's a lot of how I did mine, too... I remember measuring the roof angles off our flatscreen and figuring out where the windows should go, using tracing paper... what a nightmare, but I'm glad I got the roof pitch right.

It was also the same when I tried to build the dollhouse from Amityville: Dollhouse. I tried twice with that one... sometime in 1998 and then again sometime in 2002 or 2003. The second attempt, I even found some of the wallpaper used in the movie. I always loved the dollhouse in that movie, even if it doesn't look exact. Come to think of it, if I were to attempt to build a dollhouse with rooms inside, I would probably do that one.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:56 pm

BionicRose90 wrote:Has anyone ever done an Amityville gingerbread house?! (these are really awesome btw). 8-)

Someone posted this on my Facebook earlier.

http://ihorror.com/amityville-horror-gingerbread-house-evil-edible/
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Amity108 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:00 pm

antny000 wrote:That's a lot of how I did mine, too... I remember measuring the roof angles off our flatscreen and figuring out where the windows should go, using tracing paper... what a nightmare, but I'm glad I got the roof pitch right.

It was also the same when I tried to build the dollhouse from Amityville: Dollhouse. I tried twice with that one... sometime in 1998 and then again sometime in 2002 or 2003. The second attempt, I even found some of the wallpaper used in the movie. I always loved the dollhouse in that movie, even if it doesn't look exact. Come to think of it, if I were to attempt to build a dollhouse with rooms inside, I would probably do that one.

I did the roof pitch by tracing off the TV on the last house I did which came out good. This house came right off the blueprint.

The dollhouse movie I really wasnt a fan of. I dont know if they tried to replicate the movie house or just threw together whatever they wanted. I tried looking for wallpaper for the 1979 set but didnt come across anything! Close on a few but not what I wanted. Couldnt even find the floral wallpaper from Allisons room. The wallpaper in my house was all taken from screen shots, cropped then pieced together.
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby antny000 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:49 am

When I talked to Tom Cappelletti, I'm pretty sure he said they tried to replicate the movie house on the exterior, but the interior was just supposed to look as a dollhouse looks on the inside with easy access to the rooms. Obviously they didn't go to the extent you did with your house as far as replicating the outside, but it was direct to video, so they probably had a really low budget.

I would love to own the dollhouse... I remember he said two were built. One was just an exterior made to be burned at the end in the fireplace and the other was the actual dollhouse, god only knows where it is, if it even exists anymore.

I love your wallpaper, what you did only makes it that much more authentic looking - so even though it was probably more work to make it, I think it paid off really well.

Are you going to make the attic look bare like in the original movie? Or more like 2 & 3 with rooms?
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Amity108 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:50 am

antny000 wrote:When I talked to Tom Cappelletti, I'm pretty sure he said they tried to replicate the movie house on the exterior, but the interior was just supposed to look as a dollhouse looks on the inside with easy access to the rooms. Obviously they didn't go to the extent you did with your house as far as replicating the outside, but it was direct to video, so they probably had a really low budget.

I would love to own the dollhouse... I remember he said two were built. One was just an exterior made to be burned at the end in the fireplace and the other was the actual dollhouse, god only knows where it is, if it even exists anymore.

I love your wallpaper, what you did only makes it that much more authentic looking - so even though it was probably more work to make it, I think it paid off really well.

Are you going to make the attic look bare like in the original movie? Or more like 2 & 3 with rooms?

The attic is going to be rooms. 2 rooms and a bathroom. One of those rooms is going have the wallpaper like in Dawns room which will be interesting.
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby antny000 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:53 am

Whenever I think of Ronnie's room, I think of that "Now Now Darling" image lol
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Amity108 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:39 am

antny000 wrote:Whenever I think of Ronnie's room, I think of that "Now Now Darling" image lol

Lol me too but also vision that horrible polka dot wallpaper too. If or when I do the real house version, it will have all that in there though.
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby antny000 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:47 am

I don't think I could have that wallpaper, either... I'd probably start seeing polka dots everywhere I go. lol
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Brooke Forrester » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:15 pm

I always think it's weird that the Lutzes would let their young boys have that room because of that suggestive wallpaper message, when Marc and John's room was so perfect for boys that age.

But maybe the boys liked the fan windows and it's not like not sleeping in the room meant they wouldn't see the wallpaper, so, guess it's not weird after all.

I wonder if the boys were curious about what it meant, though. ;)
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby Amity108 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:47 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:I always think it's weird that the Lutzes would let their young boys have that room because of that suggestive wallpaper message, when Marc and John's room was so perfect for boys that age.

But maybe the boys liked the fan windows and it's not like not sleeping in the room meant they wouldn't see the wallpaper, so, guess it's not weird after all.

I wonder if the boys were curious about what it meant, though. ;)

Yea I dont get it either. The wallpaper was a 70s pop art wallpaper based on life on the streets in the city. Pretty much all you would see on the streets. Certainly not something for children.
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby Amity108 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:16 pm

For those that do not have Facebook or arent on the Amityville pages, I'll continue to post the progression here. More of the photos will be posted here anyway. Heres what was done for Christmas.

And now the first bedroom is complete minus the crown moulding and door knobs for the bathroom door. Currently out of door knobs so now at this point, I'm going to finish the siding on the rest of the house. Doing this room had me in a bit of confusion because I was somewhat replicating Allisons bedroom but also had to keep in mind that I'm doing this in the movie house version and not the real house version so I had to stick with the style of the doors and trim in the movie house and add a bathroom door. Position of the closet door and the radiators are how they would be found in the real house.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby antny000 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:24 pm

haha I love it... you've seen my profile pic on Facebook, so you've seen what I did with mine.

I was on youtube and happened to search "Amityville Dollhouse" and came across another version of the house I would love to own - the dollhouse from the dollhouse movie! It looks like someone went ahead and built one and it's pretty spot on in detail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd5Dg8ibCvY
antny000
Amityville Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Amityville Photographs