Amityville Models/Dollhouses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

Amityville Models/Dollhouses

Postby antny000 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Over the years I've built MANY Amityville houses... most of them weren't so great, but I guess after building it 5 or 6 or 7 times, I finally got the house right with my most recent model of the movie house, which is 95% finished.

I recently came across photos of the other houses I tried to build, and decided to do a post on all of them in order of when they were being made.

Here's the very first house... my brother had wood shop in school and made me a shell of the outside, the windows were drawn on, one day I took a hammer dna flat head screwdriver so I could "cut" windows into the wood... obviously it didn't work that well lol but I was too young to use power tools!

This is the second attempt, after seeing the film Amityville: Dollhouse, I wanted to make the dollhouse from the film. The house made it this far, until I moved, and it fell apart in storage.

This is a mini cardboard house I made, I use white out to paint the house and drew the windows on. I cut out the attic windows, and everything that's black, I used permenant marker for.

This is a cardboard model I made, originally I only did the outside, but eventually ripped the back wall off and did the inside. It's supposed to resemble the house from Amityville: Dollhouse.

This is another cardboard model of the movie house, the inside has floors and walls to show the "blueprints" of the inside, but there's no wallpaper or furniture, just "rooms".

After this house I made two more attempts... once more to build a replica of the dollhouse, which was built, but never finished and left behind during a move. Then there's a house I'm currently building now.

Plus a mni model I made for my mother in law out of foam board, popsicle sticks, and wood match sticks.

I guess after building so many of these I must have been determined to get it right eventually!!
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Re: Amityville Models/Dollhouses

Postby elijah95912 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:21 pm

WOW! You've made alot. The only ones ive made, were paper models, but I dont have those anymore. i remember making one for a friend at school. He left it in his desk, and overnight, someone took it. I bet it was a cleaning lady. e.e Some people.
"Maybe I'm just chasing shadows"
elijah95912
Amityville Addict

Postby AvengingxAngel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:47 am

:clap: That is a lot, they're really awesome looking, especially the most recent model :D
♦Miss Murder♦™
AvengingxAngel
Golden age of Grotesque

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 am

Is that slime coming out the windows in the first one? :twisted:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby VampireKen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:05 am

I really need to try this again, I tried once but just gave up lol. I try to use cardboard boxes.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Postby antny000 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 am

Your best bet is to use foam board... it's SOOOOO much easier to work with and much more sturdy than cardboard.

The model I currently have of the movie house, the shell is cardboard, but because of the trim, siding, windows, doors, etc... you can't even tell, unless you look inside and see the walls of the shell.

I didn't know about foam board until afer I started the house I have now, but last year for Christmas I built 3 small dollhouses for my neices and the mini Amityville house for my mother in law, and I used foam board, it was SO easy to cut perfect lines. All you need is a box cutter/razor. I really wish I'd known about it before I started the house I have now because it's much more sturdier than cardboard is.

But if you, or anyone, considers building a non-wood house, use foam board, it's great.

As a matter of fact I'll probably build any houses I make from foam board from now on. I can't even be bothered with wood... too much of a mess, and it would take a lot longer to work with I think, being that you have to cut it and sand it down, and use power tools... with foam board all you need is a pen, ruler/yard stick, and a box cutter.

If you need help or tips on building, feel free to ask, I'll help as much as I can. I can tell you how I started mine, but I would recommend buying one of each window/door, that way you have them for measurements and you can make sure the holes you cut are big enough to fit the door/window in before putting the house together.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 am

AvengingxAngel wrote::clap: That is a lot, they're really awesome looking, especially the most recent model :D

Thanks!!! I love how my latest one came out... I worked so hard at making it "perfect" lol but I still made a few small errors, nothing MAJOR, but I know a few things I messed up on... but it looks way better than any of the houses I've done before.

sherbetbizarre wrote:Is that slime coming out the windows in the first one? :twisted:

LOL yes it is! Well.. not really slime! But it's supposed to look like green slime... actually what I did was I bought those bingo stamp things, it's like a large marker with a flat soft end, and you press it down and it leaves a round spot on your bingo sheet.

I took one of those and held it down on the outside of the window, and let the ink run down the house under the eye windows... and that's how that ended up like that...

The inside was so crappy looking lol I don't have any pictures of the inside, but I remember using thin thin thinnnn cardboard from shoe boxes for the walls and floors... and I used legos to build stairs... and little lego people on the inside lol and I bought dollhouse furniture from the dollar store, which is about half the size of normal dollhouse furniture, but it fit perfect because the house I had was half the size of a normal dollhouse.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Sweet Zuni » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 am

Very nice job!!
Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Postby Calgon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Seeing this make me grumpy.

Earlier I made a cute little model of the house, it could fit in my palm. It was made out of cardboard, and it fell off my shelf and broke :(

I might make another one day..
Just going to sign out like a badass :breakdance:
Calgon
Amityville Member

Postby Craven Raven » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Since I need to shrink the size of my photos to fit on here (pixel wise), I'll just submit a link for now. Heres one of the pics of my latest but dismantled house. I had gotten further past this point but still wasnt finished til I needed to take it down. Thing was too big for moving. Thinking about doing another like this since I kept all the doors windows, shingles, brick fireplace and so on. I have more pics if can ever get this pixel thing figured out since I'm use to the drag n drop. :wall:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee17 ... P_0006.jpg
"lets get the kids and split"
Craven Raven
Amityville Member

Postby quotestheraven » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 am

How big was it that you had to take it apart to move it?
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby Craven Raven » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 pm

It was about 2 1/2 high, 2 feet wide and 3 feet in length. Its a 1" scale.
Craven Raven
Amityville Member

Postby quotestheraven » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:43 pm

What did you use for the siding? I still don't see why you had to take it apart.
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 am

I would love to build an amityville dollhouse!

But knowing me I will probably work hard at it everyday for like a month,
then something else will distract me. Then four years later I will probably
find it in some cupboard and start working on it again...

That and the last time I made something out of wood was about a decade
ago and I do believe none of it was my own work...*awkward*.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby quotestheraven » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:44 am

I built a house that was based on the Amityville house in Second Life about three years ago. I just made the sun porch the front porch and put the front door there because that was easier, and there were/are certain restrictions in building in Second LIfe that's hard to explain if you know nothing about it.

Anyway, I pulled it out of my inventory yesterday, passed it off to a friend who is probably one of the best builders in Second Life, and asked if they could 1) make it look more like the real house, 2) mesh it out, so it would be less primmy. She said she'd work on it for me. I can't wait to see what she does with it. She was actually impressed that I was able to do the Dutch roof and they eye windows.
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby Craven Raven » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:21 am

I used sheets of balsa wood cut in about 1/2 inch strips for siding.
Craven Raven
Amityville Member

Postby quotestheraven » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:03 am

Did you get real dollhouse windows and doors? What did you use for the chimney?
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby quotestheraven » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 am

I'm not working right now, so time wise it would be a great time for me to build a doll house. I also love love love love doll houses. I attempt something based on the Amityville house - though maybe not quite as close as some of you guys have done. My husband has never seen the movies. But, I'm afraid someone else would see it, be like, "Dude! Why's she building THAT house? That's creepy!," and he'd be freaked out.
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby quotestheraven » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:33 am

How did you get your dimensions?
quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Postby Craven Raven » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 pm

lol quotes. Damn wish I could find someone like that whos into the house and building them. Anyone I've been with before thought I was nuts until they see the turnout.
The windows and doors are of 1 inch scale which is common for dollhouses. These are dollhouse door and windows and some windows have been modified to fit like it should look on the movie house. I still have more to get for the back of the house and that is all I need. The chimney I made myself and saved it when I took it apart along with a few other things. The chimney when built again will be lined with real clay miniature bricks. The fireplace already is and acts as an inscence burner so when its lit, the smoke comes right out the top of the chimney. Its all eye/hand coordination and very touchy. After seeing the movies many times for many years and growing up locally from the Toms River house, I pretty much got it down pat. I also have the blueprints from the facade but it if I use that the next time I build this, the house will be much bigger. So I think I may leave at this size. I have more pics but need to get them to fit so I can load them on this page.
Craven Raven
Amityville Member

Postby Matt9290 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:13 pm

I bought a suitable garden shed, which I'm giving a makeover too... Yes I know it's a 'sad' and 'nerdy' thing to do, but it will be perfect come next Halloween
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Next

Return to Amityville Photographs