Ronald Defeo Sr. Boys Scout

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

Ronald Defeo Sr. Boys Scout

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:17 am

I don't know if this has been posted already before, but I found this on a search engine under 'Ronald Defeo Sr.':

Can anybody vertify if this photograph is legitimately one of Ronald Defeo Sr. in the boy's scouts? :think:

The boy petting the dog with the cowboy hat has simular facial features to Marc Defeo.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Re: Ronald Defeo Sr. Boys Scout

Postby 123xoxo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:28 pm

I agree with you on who Ronald Sr. could be. Good job finding the picture. What website was this on?
123xoxo
123xoxo
Amityville Member

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:36 am

I never heard that before but it could very well be him. I see the resemblance for sure! I wonder if he ever made Eagle Scout?
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby msmart112 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:03 am

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby BillyCigars » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:02 pm

Rokiisun wrote:"...Can anybody vertify if this photograph is legitimately one of Ronald Defeo Sr. in the boy's scouts?"

Doubtful. In fact, he's not even in that picture:

Top: Bill Moncrief Sr, David Champion, Jerry Wilson, Howard Broschard, Clyde Fenskie, Albert Thurlough, David Hickman, Bill Moncrief Jr, Jim Newcome.

Bottom: Buddy Sower, Ronald Bird, LeRoy Broschard, Bill Winslow, Peter Freeze

;)
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Now I am confused....Why did someone think this was Ronnie Defeo Sr. in the first place? You are right Billy his name doesn't even appear under the photo. Hmmmmmm
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby Tim » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:14 pm

Curiouser and curiouser,lol.
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby Rokiisun » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:59 pm

I have no idea as to why this photo came under 'Ronald Defeo Sr.' either :think: Thanks for the answers guys, I was doubtful of the photograph myself when it appeared in the search results that's why I posted it here to see if it had any credibility. I can now see that there are names under the photograph and that Defeo is not mentioned (I posted it straight from the search engine site not realising it came from another) :oops:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:37 pm

Tim wrote:Curiouser and curiouser,lol.

LOL :D
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby Geenahgee1974 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:39 pm

I agree the young man very well can pass for young Ronald DeFeo Sr. Even though it is not. I don't know why it comes up when we do a name search.
Geenahgee1974
Amityville Member

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:06 am

I've noticed that it still comes up in the search engines to this day as the photograph having something to do with Ronald Defeo Sr. even though he's not actually in the photograph.

It's an interesting piece of psychology though if you think about it because even though he isn't in the photograph we were all desperately trying to point out (myself included) who he may have been in the photograph until it was mentioned he wasn't actually in the photograph at all.

Could this be the same for ghost photographs? I mean, if we were shown a normal photograph and told there were no ghosts we would view it as any other regular photograph but let's say we were told there were ghosts in that photograph we would be picking the image apart and trying to point out things that could be ghostly even though it's just a normal photograph.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Return to Amityville Photographs