My Amityville movie collectables =)

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

My Amityville movie collectables =)

Postby antny000 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Over the years, I've bought a few things, some are rare, some are pretty easy to find on ebay. Given that my Amityville model is ALMOST complete, I intend on incorporating all of the Amityville stuff I have collected over the years around the model I've built.

There's my Amityville movie house replica model of course!

The "Amityville" books I've collected, I only need a few more to complete it.

Fortean Times magazine had a 3-4 page article on "The Amityville Horror", but not on the film, on the "true story".

Amityville Horror mini DVD cover poster.

Amityville Horror score CD.

Amityville Horror 8mm film, which includes 17 minutes of "selected scenes". I'll never be able to watch it because I don't think I'll ever own an 8mm projector anytime soon, but I haven't seen this on ebay for years and consider it rare, and a very cool collectable for someone who likes the films!

Amityville Horror lobby card my mom bought me off Ebay many years ago, which will be framed and hung up near the model.

Amityville II mini DVD cover poster.

Amityville II Special Edition DVD from the UK, which includes commentary, a "deleted Lost Souls" scene (which is more of a picture/video collage), and more rare stills. Also comes with 5 mini lobby cards showing scenes from the film.

Amityville II mini booklet which talks about the film and the Defeo story, which came with the UK Special Edition DVD.

Amityville 3D mini DVD cover poster.

Amityville 3D Special Edition 2-Disc DVD which includes commentary, rare stills, and both 2D and 3D versions of the film. Also comes with 5 mini lobby cards showing scenes from the film.

Amityville 3D mini booklet, which talks about the film, included with the UK Special Edition DVD.

Amityville: A New Geneation VHS Screener, this is the copy they give to video rental stores so they can preview the film and decide how many copies should be bought. The cover is different from the actual VHS released, the plot/stills are on the inside of the cover that opens like a book. The back includes promotional material rental stores could use to promote the film (posters, cardboard cutouts, etc). The movie is entirely the same and untouched from what you've seen, except there is a trailer for the movie and then a trailer for the promotional stuff.

Amityville: Dollhouse score CD.

Amityville: Dollhouse baseball bat used in the pinata/spider scene.

I'm STILL looking for The Amityville Horror remake snow globe.

But one day I'll find it on ebay or something! As for now, that's pretty much my collection, aside from the "trilogy boxed set" and every movie after on DVD, including the remake.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Re: My Amityville movie collectables =)

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu May 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Cool stuff!

What is that last John G Jones book? Is it just called "Amityville"?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby antny000 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:51 pm

That's actually "Amityville: The Horror Returns". It's funny because I was wondering if someone would ask that... I bought that at a flea market real cheap, I remember at the time online shopping wasn't what it is today and finding the Amityville books was kind of hard, so I bought it, even though it had no cover and was clearly from a library. Anyway, I printed the cover and taped it to the cover of the actual book lol

I may re-buy it with the cover so it doesn't look all shoddy like the one I have now.

I just noticed before posting this, that if you look at the photo of the books laying face up, they're at an angle and you can see the binding. If you look you can see white print near the bottom of the binding, that's the number used when you look the book up to locate the book in whatever library it was in. lol
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri May 20, 2011 3:23 am

antny000 wrote:Anyway, I printed the cover and taped it to the cover of the actual book lol

Aha!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby antny000 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:09 am

I think I might have even gotten the cover image from Kevin's site lol I think his site was one of the first ones I came across when internet was growing big. lol
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:23 am

Here's a few items that come to mind that I would like to add eventually. Until I come across them, I have to focus on finishing the house before anything lol until the house is done, these things are stored in the attic of the model. When my house is ready I plan on putting it up on the wall on a shelf, surrounded by my collectables:

(All books I want to be paperback when I find them.)
Book – The Amityville Curse, Hans Holzer (1983)
Book – The Secret Of Amityville, Hans Holzer (1985)
Book – Amityville Horror: Untold Stories, John G. Jones (1985)
Book – Amityville Horror Conspiracy, Stephen Kaplan (1995)
Book – The Night The DeFeos Died, Ric Osuna (2002)

Mini Amityville House Model

Amityville Horror – Poster (I chose this one because it's a clear shot of the movie house without the movie title over it.)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Amityville-Horror-M ... 6366926992

Amityville Horror (Remake) – Movie House Snowglobe

I *do* own a very old clock that kind of looks like the clock Ryan Reynolds finds in the basement in the remake, but it's more like the clock in the original film where the number slowly turns from one number to the next, instead of flipping over, like in the remake "clock". So I might incorprate that too since it's kind of related even though it's not an actual prop from the movie.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head that's movie related that sticks out... I don't have enough room for anymore lobby cards or posters, I already have a bunch I have to frame and hang... can anyone else think of any props or collectables? Too bad they don't sell replicas of the possessed items, even mini versions would be cool lol
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Howard64 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:57 am

those are some cool items!! thanks for sharing :)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Fr Dennis Kibbler » Fri May 20, 2011 9:29 am

Here is most of my Amityville collection:

"You told me the house was saved now."
Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Postby antny000 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:07 am

Awesome Reg! Hopefully we'll hear back from Steve White soon and you can get the lamp if he still has it or knows where it is! =)

I might be getting in contact with another person from the "Dollhouse" film... I was searching "Amityville" on photo bucket and he had a behind the scenes photo I'd never seen before, I sent the link to Tom Capalletti and he said it's Pat Denver (son of Gilligan, Bob Denver), he apparently built the dollhouse for the film.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/amityville%20prop/pdenver/File0001.jpg?o=1

If I get in touch with him I'll see if he has any connections to Steve White.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Howard64 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:02 pm

wow, I only have a few books and some movies.

That is incredible!

Now you need a stuffed pig has a pull string that says...

"GET OUT!!!"
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby antny000 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:40 pm

LOL you know, I'm surprised NOTHING came out related to the films when the remake was made... like I'm surprised MacFarland toys didn't do a mini-model/figurine of the house or something like they do with every other horror film.

Maybe if they do another film that's in theeatres they'll release some stuff... I'd really like to see a dollhouse kit someday but I doubt it.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Howard64 » Fri May 20, 2011 2:49 pm

could you imagine a talking Ronnie doll?

comes with his own little bottle of booze
and heroin kit and marlin rifle. But you
would have to buy the Buick separately.
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby antny000 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:45 pm

haha now there's a concept...

Instead of Ken doll... we have Ronnie doll.

Instead of Barbie's dream house... we have Amityville's Hell House.

"Lutz Construction" van sold seperately.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Howard64 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:54 pm

LMAO!!!

you know there could be a market for this...

A mockup of a jail cell, complete with bars
and a burly, mean looking guard.
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Julabard » Sat May 21, 2011 3:28 am

I don't have any books, but would love to start somewhere.

Which is recommended the most? I think I may go for High Hopes...
Okay, I see you there! There's a 12 gauge shotgun, waitin' for anybody trespassin'!
Julabard
how strange...

Postby antny000 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:22 am

Well in all honesty I haven't read all of them... actually I only read 3, maybe 4 of them and that was years ago when I first bought them. It really depends on which "aspect" of the story interests you most. Any one without a description either means I never read it or it's been so long I barely remember what the book was about.

These books follow the Lutz's:
1977 - The Amityville Horror - Jay Anson (The first 28 days of their story in the house.)
1982 - The Amityville Horror II - John G. Jones (Follows the Lutz's to Kathy's mother's house.)
1984 - Amityville: The Final Chapter - John G. Jones
1989 - Amityville: The Horror Returns - John G. Jones
1995 - Amityville Horror Conspiracy - Stephen Kaplan (Made to debunk the Lutz's story and explain it was all a hoax.)

These books follow the DeFeo case/story or the "curse" on the house:
1981 - High Hopes: The Amityville Murders - Gerard Sullivan & Harvey Aronson (A LOT of info on the DeFeo case.)
1982 - Murder In Amityville - Hans Holzer
1983 - The Amityville Curse - Hans Holzer
1985 - The Secret Of Amityville - Hans Holzer
2002 - The Night The DeFeos Died - Ric Osuna

These are stories that are mainly fictional:
1988 - Amityville: The Evil Escapes - John G. Jones (A bunch of mini-stories about possessed objects that were sold from the house.)
1991 - Amityville: The Nightmare Continues - Robin Karl (I read some of this as a kid, it was halfway decent from what I remember.)
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 am

Here's a few collages I printed on photo paper and framed. Dollar Tree had some real nice frames that I picked up yesterday! Almost all of these photos are pretty much credited to a few people on this board. So to anyone who's photos I used, thanks!!! I have a few more I plan on printing and framing, but I need to pick up more photo paper and a few more frames. These are what I have so far!

This photo is a collage I made for the "pinata bat" used in "Amityville: Dollhouse" I took a photo of the poster image and took some screen craps from the film of the bat when it's being used.

Two publicity stills from the first two films of the house with their current owners in front of it.

The drawings and sketches used to make the facade added on for the Toms River house.

Photos of the Toms River house facade being built and a photo the "eye windows" from when they were on sale on Ebay.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby csullivan » Sat May 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Julabard wrote:Which is recommended the most? I think I may go for High Hopes...

yes, high hopes is a very good book ..i would definately recommend this one
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat May 21, 2011 4:31 pm

csullivan wrote:
Julabard wrote:Which is recommended the most? I think I may go for High Hopes...

yes, high hopes is a very good book ..i would definately recommend this one

I heard different :P

Nice work there Antny - I like the 2 families picture in front of the house.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby antny000 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks!!! I can't wait for the model to be complete, so I can display all of this stuff around it... I gotta buy some floating shelves and frames.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Here's the vintage electric clock I own, it always reminded me of the clock from the 1979 film that George had when he woke up at 3:15 every night. In the original the numbers "spun" slowly up from one number to the next, in the remake they "flipped", that's why it reminds me more of the 1979 movie clock and not the remake clock.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to Amityville Photographs