My Amityville movie collectables =)

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Re: My Amityville movie collectables =)

Post by Howard64 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Those are some really intense collections I must say:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks!

I need a few of the books, but I can't really think of anything else to add to the collection. I have enough photos/posters/etc... and as I said in my last post, the HO scale replica would be awesome to own but I would need someone who could build it for me, if I broke anything while making it, I would be really mad. lol
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 am

Is it just me or does this seem a little crazy/creepy??

To each his/her own I guess...
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:09 pm

I think it would be creepy if I were fascinated with the murders and "horror".

But I'm not.

I'm a huge fan of films and film making. Notice that most of my collectables are props or film-related. And Amityville isn't the only horror collection I have, I have many others too. The (original) movie house has always facinated me for a few reasons.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:33 am

There can be only two reasons for being obsessed... the murders or the haunting... you can love the house down the street on Ocean Ave. more it still has the Jack-o-lantern windows.

But I don't think anyone collects Amityville stuff to this degree and painstakingly builds models like these cause they think the House is pretty... had it not been for the Amityville Horror, this house would be just another Dutch colonial like many many others that nobody cares about.

Just my $0.02...
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:31 am

I'm not really interested the murders... and while the haunting was interesting to me at one point, I'm really only a fan of the films mostly. It's not like I have a collection of gun shells from the gun Ronnie used and aside from the books, clearly my collection is all film-related and not haunting/murder related.

As a matter of fact, I find almost no interest in the real house. And I'm not the only one who has built a model. Plenty of people have, even a few people on here, and someone even replicated the movie house inside and out with a dollhouse. They even sell a model named "Amityville Vacation Home".

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 am

Heh heh yep... they do... :)

accusedoflove
Amityville Member

Post by accusedoflove » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm

hello! i'm new to this site and can't figure out how to search.. i had saw someone posted that martyread made a replica of the lamp from part 4 and was curious on how to find a picture and if it was for sale.. i'd really appreciate some help! thanks guys and girls! =]

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:26 am

Hi, welcome!

Do you mean this thread?

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... f=8&t=8486

I found that by pressing SEARCH above, typing "LAMP" and clicking "Topic Titles Only"...

shiarose94
Amityville Member

Post by shiarose94 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Great collection atny......i just loooooove amityville.But the remake was not that good as the original....also the house in the remake didn't look like the original house like the house which was used in the 3 first films.I have the 3 first films+ Amityville dollhouse and Amityville ;The evil escapes...i have read the book "the amityville horror maaaaany times and even named my hotmail address after it....Both the original house and the first filmhouse are wonderful ...If i had money enough i would looove to buy the original house when it was for sale....Don't know if it still is.......Or i would have made a copy of it,......Inside and out.....With same quarter round windows....

WHat i didn't understand much is about the attic floor where the playroom and the boys rooms were....In the first film when one came up the stairs one at once could see the room without any door...It was an open floor.But in nr 2 and 3 there were doors to the rooms.. Sonny and the oldest girl Patricia each had one room with those "eyewindows....Wonder if the original house had doors or if it was open as in the first film....

Strange that they made Jodie in the remake be the ghost of the youngest defeo kid when it actuallly was an evl pig with red eyes.Why not stick to the original story and follow the book as they claimed they were doing....It was like a total other family who moved into the house....Almost nothing from the book happened in the remake....The original film was more close to the book...I LOVE the book and the film would be wonderful if they didn't change anything at all....The remake was maybe more scary but it was not true...except the part that they moved in......Kathy didn't have a teenageson and her daughter was supposed to be 5 yrs old...not 8-9 like Chelsey....Also her daughter didn't walk on the roof. They could rather make it a fiction...that it was another family who moved into it and not use the Lutz family.... Like in nr 3......i had high expectations for the remake since they said in the interview that it was more close to the book than the original film....But it was not......so i got very disappointed since the book is my total favorite......

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 am

112 Ocean Ave wrote:Hey Antny do you know if the picture of the guy holding the windows is real, fake,from the real house or movie house?
I didnt see a reply to this or I may have missed it but I will answer even if it is like 2 years later lol This pic of the guy holding the windows is of the windows used in the 1st 3 movies. They could be used as real windows but wouldnt be up to code in todays world. He had 2 sets and when I asked him about the price, he wanted $40,000 for 1 set. I flat out told him that he was nuts and to dream on. Famous or not, I'll make my own lol

A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Amity Windows
Amityville Member

Post by Amity Windows » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:07 pm

I may be selling the windows from the 2005 Amityville Horror movie with Ryan Reynolds. The are still mounted in sections of the walls for great display potential. On the outside they have the old looking siding with movie paint. On the inside they have the wallpaper seen in the movie. They even have small pieces of tape on the window sills which I was told may have been place markers for the child actors to put their hands so they stood in the right spots for filming through the windows. The sale of the windows was documented in the news.
I was fortunate enough to attend an estate sale at the Wisconsin mansion where they filmed the 2005 Amityville Horror movie. The iconic "eye" quarter-round windows were still in the attic and I bought them!

tpiasta
Amityville Member

Post by tpiasta » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 am

I may still have my copies of Amityville Conspiracy and The Night the DeFeos died floating around, if you're interested.