The Sewing Room

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
gazparkinUK
**New Account**

The Sewing Room

Post by gazparkinUK » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:20 am

Hi!
Does anyone know if there are any modern pictures of the sewing room? I found an old thread but the picture had bern removed. Thanks in advance!

believer
Amityville Member

Re: The Sewing Room

Post by believer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:18 pm

gazparkinUK wrote:Hi!
Does anyone know if there are any modern pictures of the sewing room? I found an old thread but the picture had bern removed. Thanks in advance!
It's funny because in any of the 'public' photos that have been available online (from the two times it has been on the market and that facebook page, Amityville Haunted History that has been since taken down) the sewing room is the one room that has NEVER been shown.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:52 am

I believe when Wilson was selling the house a few years ago there was a picture of the sewing room included in the professional photos done by the Realtor? But that was a very rare find, I don't recall seeing it more than once (or maybe it was Allison's old room)

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:56 am

Also to note: I read a post somewhere on this site where someone who has been inside the home Wilson-era said Wilson had knocked out the wall seperating the sewing room and Allison's room to make it one big room like what he did with the master bedroom/TV room. That was the first I'd ever heard that.. can anyone confirm?

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:54 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Also to note: I read a post somewhere on this site where someone who has been inside the home Wilson-era said Wilson had knocked out the wall seperating the sewing room and Allison's room to make it one big room like what he did with the master bedroom/TV room. That was the first I'd ever heard that.. can anyone confirm?

I don't think that's accurate,the master bedroom conversion is visible since they took out the master bedroom door.They extended the hall/stair cupboard size outward and added a third slim cupboard (in the ghost boy photo you can see those cupboards).

In the most recent photos there's 2 doors on the left (Allison's room and sewing room) and the wall was partially visible so unlikely it's combined.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:08 am

This might not answer many questions but the title contains '2010' - whether these are the photographs from the 2010 sale I am not sure. I recommend the mute button as it has the 1979 movie theme in the background:

https://youtu.be/0tYdZhMOO-g

By the way the You Tube screen paste function doesn't seem to be working, so ....
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:28 am

Crash wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:54 am
OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Also to note: I read a post somewhere on this site where someone who has been inside the home Wilson-era said Wilson had knocked out the wall seperating the sewing room and Allison's room to make it one big room like what he did with the master bedroom/TV room. That was the first I'd ever heard that.. can anyone confirm?

I don't think that's accurate,the master bedroom conversion is visible since they took out the master bedroom door.They extended the hall/stair cupboard size outward and added a third slim cupboard (in the ghost boy photo you can see those cupboards).

In the most recent photos there's 2 doors on the left (Allison's room and sewing room) and the wall was partially visible so unlikely it's combined.
This and other sites say that the house was listed for sale as a 5 bedroom, which we would expect if the two second floor bedrooms facing the river were not combined.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/20/amityvi ... 50000.html

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 am

The sewing room was combined with the master bedroom to make one huge room. Beautiful in the old house for sale pics.

Gina1974
Amityville Member

Post by Gina1974 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:14 am

The wall that separates the sewing room and master bedroom has been knocked down to make the master bedroom bigger. That is why there is no modern photos of it. Just as the wall was knocked down between The boys room and Allison’s room. To make it one large room.
Geenah Be Good

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:11 am

The sewing room was on the other side of the hall next to Missy's room overlooking the back garden. The master bedroom was next to the small tv / dressing room.

The recent photos show both third floor rooms bedrooms.
Master bedroom/tv room is now one room.
The Facebook page from earlier this year did show 2 separate back bedrooms(previously sewing and Missy's).

Gina1974
Amityville Member

Post by Gina1974 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:51 pm

The reason no one can find a photo of the sewing/ TV room is because the wall was knocked down. To Enlarge the master bedroom. The same goes for the boys room. The wall was knocked down to enlarge Allison’s room.
Geenah Be Good

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:29 am

Gina1974 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:51 pm
The reason no one can find a photo of the sewing/ TV room is because the wall was knocked down. To Enlarge the master bedroom. The same goes for the boys room. The wall was knocked down to enlarge Allison’s room.
First you have wrong the DeFeo/Lutz room correspondance. It goes TV/Dressing, John and Marc/Sewing.

We know that the master bedroom and TV/Dressing were combined into one room after the DeFeo/Lutz era. During that era, it was a 6 bedroom house. It was currently listed as a 5 bedroom house. If the listing matches the house, as they usually do, there was consequently no other bedroom combination. Do you have any evidence that this is wrong?

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:45 pm

5 bedrooms.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:33 pm

WOW Crash, just wow. That looks frighteningly real. I cannot wait to play this whenever it is released

How's progress coming? You gonna keep us waiting another 3 or so years? :P

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:13 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:33 pm
WOW Crash, just wow. That looks frighteningly real. I cannot wait to play this whenever it is released

How's progress coming? You gonna keep us waiting another 3 or so years? :P
That's an actual photo of the modern house (from the facebook page a while back).

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:54 pm

OK I was gonna say- that looks too real!

Any rough estimate on release date?