DeFeo pumpkin

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

DeFeo pumpkin

Post by Amity108 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:58 pm

The painted pumpkin in the kitchen in one of the crime scene photos....

Heres what I came up with but a carved out jack-o-lantern.

All lit up...

I still have the guts so tomorrow I may make him look like he's puking. If I do that for sure, I'll post the pics. I get a crap load of trick or treaters here so I may do that.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Re: DeFeo pumpkin

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:05 pm

That's really good, you did a nice job there!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Thank you Brooke! :D
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:47 am

That is cool! I am lousy at pumpkin carving.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:34 pm

kathyM wrote:That is cool! I am lousy at pumpkin carving.
Thanks Kathy! I didnt think I could either....not like this anyway.

BionicRose90
Amityville Member

Post by BionicRose90 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:10 am

Great job! It looks just like it! I always wondered which one of the DeFeos painted that pumpkin? I guess we'll never know...

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:03 pm

8-) 8-)

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 pm

BionicRose90 wrote:Great job! It looks just like it! I always wondered which one of the DeFeos painted that pumpkin? I guess we'll never know...
Thank you! I've been wondering the same thing and have been thinking about it. Not sure if the boys were into that kind of thing and Dawn into her own thing as a young adult. Allison being that she had other hobbies as well, I lean more toward her doing this especially at her age at the time.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:06 am

I tend to think one of the girls painted it, as well...but next to it...it looks like another pumpkin with a face drawn on it.

Hey--I have the same stove you do! GREAT JOB with the re-creation.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:36 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:I tend to think one of the girls painted it, as well...but next to it...it looks like another pumpkin with a face drawn on it.

Hey--I have the same stove you do! GREAT JOB with the re-creation.
LOL! Yea its a good stove...never an issue. It came with the house when I bought it 5 years ago so no telling how old it really is. House is 15 years old now but don't think its that old. Thanks for the compliment! :D

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:32 pm

I love how some people think they see spirits or ghosts in the windows of the media photographs or crime scene photos of the DeFeo murders when it's quite obvious they still had their Halloween decorations up two weeks past Halloween.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 am

Amity108 wrote:
BionicRose90 wrote:Great job! It looks just like it! I always wondered which one of the DeFeos painted that pumpkin? I guess we'll never know...
Thank you! I've been wondering the same thing and have been thinking about it. Not sure if the boys were into that kind of thing and Dawn into her own thing as a young adult. Allison being that she had other hobbies as well, I lean more toward her doing this especially at her age at the time.
For some reason I think Allison painted it. It looks like a girl did it. And I guess Dawn was already too old. But we'll never know. But looking at this pumpkin, knowing that the painter, whoever it was, was no longer alive anymore when that picture was taken, makes me very sad and also angry because it shows once again that innocent people, especially the youngest 3 children, died there in that November night. I feel the same when I try to look closer to the painted pictures on the door of the boys bedroom. :-(

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:49 pm

VintageBoy91 wrote:
Amity108 wrote:
For some reason I think Allison painted it. It looks like a girl did it. And I guess Dawn was already too old. But we'll never know. But looking at this pumpkin, knowing that the painter, whoever it was, was no longer alive anymore when that picture was taken, makes me very sad and also angry because it shows once again that innocent people, especially the youngest 3 children, died there in that November night. I feel the same when I try to look closer to the painted pictures on the door of the boys bedroom. :-(
Yea it all upsets me too. :(

BionicRose90
Amityville Member

Post by BionicRose90 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:06 pm

I'd have to agree it was most likely Allison since based on the ages of the siblings, Marc and John I think might have been too young to paint that neatly and Dawn was probably too old to be into that stuff (maybe she wasn't? Who knows?) I know not much is known about the hobbies and personalities of the DeFeos (with the exception of Butch), but it's possible that since Allison was into things likes puzzles she may have also liked to do artsy stuff.

BionicRose90
Amityville Member

Post by BionicRose90 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:09 pm

And yes, the whole thing makes me sad to think about too. :cry:

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:38 pm

I had always had a feeling Marc or John painted, but it probably is more likely to be a girl's thing.

I thought it might have been one of those kind that you use the stencils to paint.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:42 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:I had always had a feeling Marc or John painted, but it probably is more likely to be a girl's thing.

I thought it might have been one of those kind that you use the stencils to paint.
I'm not sure if we had stencils for these back then. But then again, we had always carved them out of imagination back in the 70s. Never had a painted one around my house.

BionicRose90
Amityville Member

Post by BionicRose90 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:00 pm

I wonder what's drawn on that other pumpkin, the one that's mostly cut off in the picture? To me it kinda looks like a guy with a curly mustache laughing. Is it even a pumpkin? I can't tell!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:55 pm

BionicRose90 wrote:I wonder what's drawn on that other pumpkin, the one that's mostly cut off in the picture? To me it kinda looks like a guy with a curly mustache laughing. Is it even a pumpkin? I can't tell!
Not even sure if that is a pumpkin. Not as orange in color as the one we clearly see. Does look like a drawn face though on something.

Buick - 1975
Amityville Member

Post by Buick - 1975 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:16 am

I assume this bowl of apples was also somewhere in the kitchen? These were among some crime scene negatives I have.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:15 pm

You have negatives of the crime scene? Do you have any of the bodies?