Vintage Amityville Horror Ads 1979

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Vintage Amityville Horror Ads 1979

Post by # 13 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:02 pm

This is just a fun thing so I thought I would post them in the coffee house. While doing other research on microfilm, I came across some ads for the movie I have never seen before (or had forgotten about). I thought they were cool because it wasn't the ubiquitous "For God's Sake Get Out" ad. I thought I would share them. I'm sure alot of you have seen them but for those that may not have, here they are. Enjoy

"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Vintage Amityville Horror Ads 1979

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Cheers - I'll move them to the photo section.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Love looking at this kind of thing - like stepping back in time!
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

darksea13
Amityville Member

Post by darksea13 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:12 am

I have a nice ad for the original movie somewhere that I need to dig up and put into a frame.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:04 pm

darksea13 wrote:I have a nice ad for the original movie somewhere that I need to dig up and put into a frame.
I've got a contemporary ad for John Carpenter's The Fog (1979) that I've got framed. It's cool to display these things nicely.
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:09 am

The only real article I have is from when the movie house was up for sale. I think Ken posted an ad for when "The Amityville Horror" premiered on TV. I liked the artwork for it, so I printed that up to frame with my collection.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 am

Now with the Internet, you'll never get teasers to "True Story" movies of things we haven't already investigated and made up our minds about loooong before the movie comes out... Too much info, a blessing and a curse. There's not much left in the world to get excited about except waking up in the morning.
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

kblur77
Amityville Addict

Post by kblur77 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:10 pm

The only thing better than this is if you have actually talked with the Lutzes!

Yes, I am letting another cat out of the bag.

stay tuned......

vvi
Amityville Member

Post by vvi » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Another movie coming out?