Father Ray and Lutz boys photos.

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
ImComingApart
Amityville Member

Re: Father Ray and Lutz boys photos.

Post by ImComingApart » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Yes it is the Fonz on Daniels shirt. I noticed the kids are posing like the Fonz with their thumbs up in other photos "Heyy" lol
"Jodie doesn't like George"

RowdyRodimus
Amityville Member

Post by RowdyRodimus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:51 pm

That's a Fonzie iron on (Remember those? It used to be one of the only ways to get shirts of characters you liked up until the late 80's. Damn I'm getting old.) that came out during the 1976/77 season and since it's a long sleeve shirt, it was probably fall or winter of 1976, so post Ocean Ave. (Hey, I was useful for once!!!!)

daiichi
Amityville Member

Post by daiichi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:19 am

Does anyone know where this photo originated from, and are we sure that this is Father Ray and not a relative of Kathy or a family friend?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:58 pm

daiichi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:19 am
Does anyone know where this photo originated from, and are we sure that this is Father Ray and not a relative of Kathy or a family friend?
Yes, it was supplied by George Lutz for the Histories Mysteries doc... so it is Father Ray.

daiichi
Amityville Member

Post by daiichi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:58 pm
Yes, it was supplied by George Lutz for the Histories Mysteries doc... so it is Father Ray.
Thanks. He seems to be bonding well with the kids. As far as I know, they didn't spend that much time together, if he was only at the house on moving day for a short period of time, before telling George and Kathy to not use the sewing room as a bedroom and then fleeing. So I was thinking that seems a little out of place, given the circumstances.

But then again, maybe he just bonds well with kids, or he met with them a few times after they moved out of the house and into Kathy's mother's place. :think:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:07 am

daiichi wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 am
But then again, maybe he just bonds well with kids, or he met with them a few times after they moved out of the house and into Kathy's mother's place. :think:
Yeah, the pic was taken outside of Kathy's mothers house.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:25 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:07 am
daiichi wrote:
Yeah, the pic was taken outside of Kathy's mothers house.
Is this where the Lutz family movies to when they fled Ocean Avenue?
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:13 am

daiichi wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:58 pm
Thanks. He seems to be bonding well with the kids. As far as I know, they didn't spend that much time together, if he was only at the house on moving day for a short period of time, before telling George and Kathy to not use the sewing room as a bedroom and then fleeing. So I was thinking that seems a little out of place, given the circumstances.

George has stated in interviews that Father Ray was a family friend, but not for how long. The first dealing with Father Ray that George mentions is counselling him during the annulment of his first marriage. Given that George was Methodist at that time, I find it hard to believe that this annulment thing was the first contact that he and Father Ray had. Danny Lutz makes it clear in My AH that the kids had already bonded with him before moving day at Amityville.

Was there a church at that time where Father Ray regularly or occasionally said the mass? Maybe someone else here knows.