George and Kathy at 112

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

George and Kathy at 112

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:26 am

These two pictures were used as part of the Warren's Amityville presentation, showing George and Kathy at the house. The one of George is said have been taken towards the end of the 28 days, when George had lost weight. And the second (which I'd never seen before) is of Kathy in her waitress uniform.

The second picture looks be taken in warmer weather than winter, so is more likely to have been taken when they were viewing the property (plus Kathy is smiling!) So could the pic of George have been taken earlier too?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: George and Kathy at 112

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:31 am

The following posts were deleted from this thread due to an accident:

by msmart112 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:01 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
The second picture looks be taken in warmer weather than winter, so is more likely to have been taken when they were viewing the property (plus Kathy is smiling!) So could the pic of George have been taken earlier too?
Those trees across the river look like they are full of leaves...so I'm guessing that pic can't be from January?
It’s interesting how Kathy has no jacket on...and is wearing a short-sleeve shirt.

In the AH...Anson wrote...

"Between July and November, he and his wife Kathleen, 30, had looked at over fifty homes on the Island’s South Shore before deciding to investigate Amityville."

...clearly implying that they didn’t even see the house until November.

But two years ago...I was rereading the Amityville chapter from Our Haunted Lives...and noticed this for the first time (George responding to a question about looking for houses)...

"If I recall correctly, this was sometime maybe late August or September, somewhere in there. We saw the house and as soon as Kathy walked in she just started smiling."
sherbetbizarre » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:11 pm
msmart112 wrote:
Those trees across the river look like they are full of leaves...so I'm guessing that pic can't be from January?
That's a good call. Also, it makes more sense they were taken earlier... otherwise surely there would have been more interesting pics on the roll if taken during the 28 days.
jimmysmokes » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:30 pm

How much earlier? These two pics suggest "late summer" at the least! George also had a short-sleeve shirt on and his left foot appears to be without a shoe? His right foot is to blurry to hone in on.

Also, George is shown to have already lost weight, and these pics show that they couldn't have possibly been living in the house at the time they were taken.

So, now knowing (beyond a doubt) that George's "supposed" weight loss, did not start because of their moving into the house on Dec 18, 1975... nor because of the "forces" in the house, because he had already lost weight before these pics were taken! If it were late fall, there would've been leaves all over the pool where George stood. Nary a one nor any debris along with fall/winter winds.

Once again, The Warrens "claims", presentation with these pics are 100% BS!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:46 pm

I didn’t know Kathy had been a waitress. She didn’t seem to work outside the home I’m the AH book.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Yeah, we believe these pics are from when they were checking out the place.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:27 pm
Yeah, we believe these pics are from when they were checking out the place.
That's interesting. I remember asking you on here about why there weren't any pics of the Lutzes during their time in the house. You put up this same pic of George saying that this is the only one that is known to have survived while they were at the home.

Since we've established now that they weren't actually inhabiting the home when these pics were taken, you've flip-flopped on your views here?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:31 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 am
Since we've established now that they weren't actually inhabiting the home when these pics were taken, you've flip-flopped on your views here?
Since seeing the pic of Kathy, sure.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:31 pm
[quote=jimmysmokes post_id=164815 time=<a href="tel:1593364785">1593364785</a> user_id=10662]Since we've established now that they weren't actually inhabiting the home when these pics were taken, you've flip-flopped on your views here?
Since seeing the pic of Kathy, sure.
[/quote]

Okay, but you did pass it off with a story that turned out to be false. I was wondering who your source was for the false info? Was it you just made it up or did George tell you?

And if you were wrong about this, is it possible you’re wrong about other things you’ve said on here?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 am

When the photo came to light, the only assumption was that was taken during the 28 days. It was an honest mistake.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:44 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 am
When the photo came to light, the only assumption was that was taken during the 28 days. It was an honest mistake.
I'll keep that in mind. That's why "assumptions" require good break-downs!

We can't always assume or believe what we're told and just run with it.

And do note that I mentioned that George has lost the weight well before he moved into the house. So his "illness" he claimed from inhabiting the home and losing the weight, does not hold water.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:16 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:44 pm
And do note that I mentioned that George has lost the weight well before he moved into the house. So his "illness" he claimed from inhabiting the home and losing the weight, does not hold water.
Ha, I was waiting for you to bring that up! Yes, George's take on the photo - almost 30 years later - was this must have been during the 28 years later, and it's the reason he looks so skinny. Good chance he was mistaken on this.