Amityville Models/Dollhouses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

Re: Amityville Models/Dollhouses

Postby Exsecratio » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:26 pm

I've been laser cutting model house kits for some 15 years now and yet THIS is one excellent piece of work I would have been happy to claim.
It really is first class and I applaud you sir :)
Exsecratio
Amityville Member

Postby Amity108 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Exsecratio wrote:I've been laser cutting model house kits for some 15 years now and yet THIS is one excellent piece of work I would have been happy to claim.
It really is first class and I applaud you sir :)

Wow that means a lot and thank you! :) I still have not touched it since April or a little bit of in June even but I will eventually get back in the program to get it finished. Just so much more to do however the outside is pretty much nearly finished.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby Amity108 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:49 pm

And so it's been close to a year since I've started to hammer down again and make more progress with this house. I have finished all the railing outside the house (no pics taken yet) and once I have finished that, I went to work on the interior again. I have the bathroom between the two bedrooms finished and now working on the bedroom at the top of the stairs. I'm only going to paint this room and not use wallpaper. Needed something different. I couldnt decide on what color to go with and after thinking about it, I thought that there really isnt a room I have done yet that has any green in it except the livingroom but thats wallpapered. I went ahead and mixed a few dabs of green in white paint and came out with what is shown below. Not sure if I'm really down for it so I'm asking for opinions. Should I leave it or go with an earth tone? Really not sure on what I want to do with this room but needs to be done before I put the floor down.

Here's the bathroom...

Here's the bedroom at the top of the stairs with the green paint. Looks kinda beachy or maybe even kinda ghetto! LOL Might not look so bad after the white trim around the doors are up along with the window being finished. Opinions please...

A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby darksea13 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:46 pm

How interested would you all be in plastic models of the movie house? I made one a couple of years ago and just recently printed a smaller one in a different material. As it stands now I could produce an N scale (2.45 inches from base to chimney top) house in solid white plastic (no see through windows or interior) for about 50 dollars. I can print an HO scale (4 inches tall) house with the same specs for about 150 dollars. I began a laser cut version in HO scale, but I'm not sure if I will complete it. It depends upon how interested people are in assembling a small wood kit versus simply painting a complete plastic model.
darksea13
Amityville Member

Postby antny000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:45 pm

I actually need a tiny version of the movie house for this dollhouse I'm working on where I'm recreating the rooms in our apartment - being that I built a dollhouse size version of the movie house, I would need a miniature version for the dollhouse. I'm definitely interested - let me try to figure out if the size I need is what you have. Would you be willing to paint it, too? My hands shake a lot so painting something that tiny would not come out well!
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Hey darksea, I hate to be a bug but are you still looking to sell one of the N scale houses? I'd be willing to pay extra if you could paint it up for me too - I wouldn't mind so much doing it myself, but it's so tiny and my hand shake so my paint job would probably look horrible =/
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby themysticalcafe » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Love your progress, I have a question on planning and building.
I have the rooms drafted out but when working with foam or wood here is where I get confused. Do you need to add the say 1/4th inch to all measurements?
themysticalcafe
Amityville Member

Postby Paulie76801 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Amity108 - Any new progress? Your posts have been invaluable to me in my current effort to build a dollhouse. My first. I thank you!
Paulie76801
Amityville Member

Postby Paulie76801 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:08 pm

My first attempt at a dollhouse.
Paulie76801
Amityville Member

Postby Amity108 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm

No new updates. I haven't worked on it since September 2016. The house still looks the same. It will soon be wrapped up in bubble wrap for my move to Pennsylvania.
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby Amity108 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Best bet for the latest photos is the go on the Amityville horror page on Facebook. I'm under the name "Still Raven".
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby Brooke Forrester » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Okay thanks for the info! I'll have to check it out.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Previous

Return to Amityville Photographs