OZ

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Shawn
Been there, Done that

OZ

Post by Shawn » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:16 pm

I saw it. Not sure of what I think. Over all, it was very nice. The effects were great, and the landscape was wonderful. Mila Cunis was good, but Franko was not so good imo. Rachel Weisz was fantastic, as well Michelle Williams. And you will fall in love with a little china girl.

I give it an 8 out of 10 stars. Major sequel in the works.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Re: OZ

Post by Rokiisun » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing this. :)
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:06 pm

That is how I felt too, that I just wasnt sure what I thought about the movie. At times it seemed to kind of drag and the colors were exactly like the movie Alice in Wonderland.

I did love China girl! :love: :love: I liked the monkey too. His voice reminded me of Billy Crystal at times. Michelle was the perfect good witch, exactly as I would expect her to be. Franco just didnt do it for me. I read that originally Robert Downey Jr was wanted for the part of Oz and I think he would have been much better suited for the part.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:03 pm

I agree Kathy. Robert would of been fantastic in the part. Franco's non caring attitude, and his slappable grins made a great movie into just a good one. Mila got a lot of negative review, but i liked her WWW. Her eyes were so spot on. And the head costume under the hat was actually part of the original costume that the WWW in the 1939 movie wore. The first person wanted for the role went to Gale Sondergaard, but she was not into being made ugly(when they made her up~with the head costume under the hat, it was extremely difficult to make her ugly.) She dropped out of the role when they told her she was going to be made uglier...she was a strikingly beautiful woman.

Mila was still beautiful after the change, very much like i pictured Theodora to look like. I also had a deja vous in this film in that it reminded me of the "Tinman" mini series with Jooey Deschinal. The "Wicked" story by McGuire touched it also, but in very subtle ways.

The head costume I am trying to explain was that black thing around her neck and over her head. What are those called???
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:38 am

I thought Mila did a great job in her part. I didnt know that was part of the original costume! How cool that is! I dont know what the thing around the head is called :think:

The Oz was filmed in Pontiac, Mi. like 10 minutes away from where I live. I remember when they were hiring for extras and I was telling my daughter to go to it because at the time she was thinking about going into acting. Hey, maybe I should have went instead! :)

Franco didnt make me believe in his character. It was like he was simply reading his lines. I would have loved Robert Downey Jr in that part! I really liked Franco in that tv show Freaks and Geeks. Maybe he should stick with tv instead of movies though I didnt see that movie he was in about the guy who was stuck in the rocks, what was that movie?

I was real surprised when he gave little china girl doll her wish. I was totally sure it was going to be something else involving his glue like he did with her legs.

Littlechinagirl
Amityville Addict

Post by Littlechinagirl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 am

We are planning to take Greyson to see this, but the reviews haven't been great so far. I am thinking it will be a fun family outing, but I am going in not expecting much out of it. It looks beautiful, though...and yes, I am already excited about the china girl :lol: I was amused by her immediately!
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/littlechinagirl/ChinaWelcome.gif[/img]

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 pm

She rocks! :)