How do you view UFOs?

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville

Poll: What are UFOs

From other civilizations in other galaxes?
50%
They are from another dimension.
No votes
They are spirits or demons.
No votes
They are military machines created by earthlings.
13%
They are merely part of people's imaginations.
13%
They are a hard rock band.
25%

Total votes: 8

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

How do you view UFOs?

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 am

What is your opinions of what UFOs are? Are they being driven by beings like us who are of flesh and bone and mortal? Are they in the same spiritual realm as ghosts and spirits? Are they simply human miliatry vehicles, etc.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Re: How do you view UFOs?

Post by Rokiisun » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:11 am

They are a rock band.

My serious views? Aircraft created by humans.

I do believe that somewhere in the universe there may be
other life, but maybe not as advanced to human, mammal
or plant life. Maybe a small cell somewhere...
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 am

I think that there are countless thing we mistake as Alien, which can be explained away...

But considering the vastness of space and our short time in existence (within the realms of infinity) there is a very high probability (almost certainty) that life exists 'out there' which is far more advanced than us.

I'm almost 100% sure that the earth has been visited before, and will be again, but sadly the majority of UFO reports which make it in to the media today tend to be of 'other' origins' other than alien.

Folklore and history is peppered with examples of unusual UFO sightings. Even in the Bible - three wise men followed a light/star which stopped above a building in which Jesus was born.... Have ever seen a star do this?
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Matt9290 wrote:I think that there are countless thing we mistake as Alien, which can be explained away...

But considering the vastness of space and our short time in existence (within the realms of infinity) there is a very high probability (almost certainty) that life exists 'out there' which is far more advanced than us.

I'm almost 100% sure that the earth has been visited before, and will be again, but sadly the majority of UFO reports which make it in to the media today tend to be of 'other' origins' other than alien.

Folklore and history is peppered with examples of unusual UFO sightings. Even in the Bible - three wise men followed a light/star which stopped above a building in which Jesus was born.... Have ever seen a star do this?
I always see quite a few aliens during the summer and fall.

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:41 am

They are simply us time traveling back from the future to see how we got got so screwed up (that's why they won't interact with us because they may jeopardize their own existence by creating a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe).

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:06 am

devilbustedinct wrote:They are simply us time traveling back from the future to see how we got got so screwed up (that's why they won't interact with us because they may jeopardize their own existence by creating a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe).
Oops – sounds like I’ve been rumbled… I better get myself back to the 23rd Century :shock:

Don’t worry too much about Paradox's they always have a way of working themselves out… Just look at the career of Nicolas Cage!

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:22 am

Ah! So that explains the mysterious photograph of Nicholas Cage as a Vampire!
Nicholas Cage time travels!
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:47 am

It is quit uncanny... lol

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:22 am

The ears are a little different but very uncanny as you say.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 pm

He ''could'' have had them pinned back ;)

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 pm

He could have indeed (to hide his original identity).

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:47 am

Captured alien technology scrutinised, studied and further developed by scientists for military usage perhaps?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:49 am

devilbustedinct wrote:They are simply us time traveling back from the future to see how we got got so screwed up (that's why they won't interact with us because they may jeopardize their own existence by creating a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe).
I won't attribute any future headaches to legitimate causes such as tiredness, dehydration or a virus but to a rip in the space/time continuum ...
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)