Last night in my house...

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Julabard
how strange...

Last night in my house...

Post by Julabard » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 am

Last night I was awkoken by a loud crash. I went into the bathroom, and the wall mounted clock was on the floor, on the other side of the room....Ok...
20 minutes later, another crash. This time, in the hallway, a photo frame had fallen from it's nail (it would have need to have been lifted) and was behind a wall mounted heater that wasn't quite beneath it, maybe a foor to the left. Suffice to say, I didn't sleep for the rest of the night
Okay, I see you there! There's a 12 gauge shotgun, waitin' for anybody trespassin'!

kathyM
Princess

Re: Last night in my house...

Post by kathyM » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:54 am

I would have been yelling at the unseen person saying ''Hey, you make the mess, you clean it up!''.
Well, maybe not as I probably would be totally freaked out at first and then mad.

I bet your heart was pounding! That is scary stuff.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:20 am

I had a light bulb fall out of my lamp the other night...
Even though it was surrounded by a lamp shade and the lamp was still standing upright. :shock:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 am

On Saturday (Jan 26th) I also had a large framed set of 3 Egyptian coptic beads fall from the wall, followed by two DVDs, which seemed to fall from a shelf --- There must be something in the air? :shock:
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Maybe it is this website? It is cursed? Maybe we can get psychic Jackie to send the demon who curses us back to hell? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:43 pm

I should have added that the pin holding the framed coptic beads was still in the wall, so I've no idea of the cause.

Shame Hans Holzer isn't still around - I'm sure there would be another book in the making lol.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:05 pm

Chessie still comes around from time to time.

Last month, I came home from work, and Casey and Smokey greeted me as usual at the door. As I came in, I glanced up at the stairs, and about four steps up, there was a shadow, the size of a cat, sitting on the step. I had to look away for a second since I was still closing the storm door and Smokey was trying to look outside through the opening. When I looked back up, the shadow was gone.

A few evenings after that, I was in the hallway between the kitchen and living room. Casey was stretched out on the kitchen floor. Smokey was curled up in the bottom of the bookshelves. Their cat tent suddenly moved like somebody was getting in or out of it, and I even heard the crinkle pad on the bottom like somebody had stepped on it.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:45 am

As much as I'd like to believe some of your experiences can be linked to something paranormal, perhaps the most logical explanation is often the best ... like substandard screws/bolts in the walls for your pictures and frames etc. Coincidence that these things happened around the same time? Perhaps.

I'm a believe in the paranormal just as most of you can attest given my years on this board as a proponent of the hauntings, but honestly without being there my first suggestion would be to assess the standard of how your pictures etc were fastened to the walls? Then explore other options, if it happened again.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:44 am

Brendan72 wrote:As much as I'd like to believe some of your experiences can be linked to something paranormal, perhaps the most logical explanation is often the best ... like substandard screws/bolts in the walls for your pictures and frames etc. Coincidence that these things happened around the same time? Perhaps.

I'm a believe in the paranormal just as most of you can attest given my years on this board as a proponent of the hauntings, but honestly without being there my first suggestion would be to assess the standard of how your pictures etc were fastened to the walls? Then explore other options, if it happened again.
Maybe if all these events took place in the one property we might be on to something, but really Brendan we are just having a bit of fun here - Although Kevin's experience did sound a bit more 'spectral'

Isolated incidents like this happen all the time, but to outright claim these are of a paranormal nature would be a stretch of any imagination... They are odd experiences which make us think - nothing more really.

Just out of interest, I wonder how many paranormal experiences do occur around the world which simply get dismissed? ;)

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 am

Kind of my point really. I'm not totally dismissing the cause, just looking at more rational explanations before considering any other possibility. Any good investigator will normally do that first before testing for paranormal sources. The pictures falling off the walls is a different occurrence compared to what Kevin has experienced. It is possible what he was seeing/experiencing was the spirit of his departed cat.

Equally common are experiences where people disregard or choose to deliberately ignore something which may well be paranormal in nature.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am

It's a good practice to adopt Brendan
When I'm asked to investigate properties in the UK, before I take the sound and film crew (and medium) I always insist on staying a night in the place prior to the vigil so I can observe the natural phenomena, such as bats or pigeons in the attic/tower, the way the wind sounds in the turrets or hallways, the way the pipes cool down at night when the heating is turned off etc... It really helps eliminate factors which can be mistaken for paranormal by some of the more 'flighty minded' members of the group.

I have to admit that since 1988 (and well over a hundred investigations) I have only ever experienced something I could not explain once! And even then I was lucky enough to be working with the late Parapsychologist Andrew Green who put forward a theory for the phenomena
But once is enough to keep me interested and open minded.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:18 pm

My experiences have been happening off and on since August 2010 when Chessie passed. I've tried ruling out normal explanations, but there has been a lot that I cannot explain away normally, and Casey and Smokey have even had incidents, sometimes at the same time as myself.

I can tell when one of the cats comes up and starts smelling a hand, foot, etc. for attention, and when I look down expecting to see Casey or Smokey and nobody is there and no "normal" explanation accounts for what I felt, for me there's no doubt as to what I experienced.

Then there are incidents like the one evening when I was on the couch and Smokey was curled up in front of the TV. I'd seen Casey heading for the kitchen, so when I first heard one of the cupboard doors getting pulled open against the safety latch and then banging back shut over and over, I figured it was Casey playing with it, something all of my cats have done. Smokey heard it too as he was suddenly sitting up at full attention and staring at the kitchen. After several minutes, I went to get up to see what Casey was doing, but he was at the other end of the couch sitting on the floor and staring at the kitchen too. I stood up to go see what was happening, and the noise stopped. I checked all cupboards in the kitchen and downstairs bathroom but couldn't find anything unusual.

Anymore, I'm getting used to it, and I'm glad that Chessie lets us know he's okay from time to time. I'm really not that surprised that he's still hanging around. He and I were very close, and he used to run and hide from visitors. Naturally, he'd be scared of moving on without me and has chosen to stay around his home.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.