Poor souls in Conneticut

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Poor souls in Conneticut

Post by Rokiisun » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Absolutely horrified to hear of what has happened over in the states to innocent children
and adults. Thoughts are with the victim's families. Horrific that something like this has
happened so close to Christmas too.

Something similar happened in a wee Scottish village (Dunblane) close to our county in 1997 where an entire p2 (second grade) Class and their teacher were gunned down as a result of a shooting by a local man.

It's totally sad news :(
I hope justice is served for the Conneticut victims! :evil:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

kathyM
Princess

Re: Poor souls in Conneticut

Post by kathyM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:57 pm

This is a bad one. How can anyone kill little kids? I am absolutely horrified. I cant imagine how these parents will get through this. I think what if this was me? I couldnt handle it. :(

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 pm

very sad indeed...
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

They were innocent children and teachers. It sickens me more knowing that the
gunman was the son of a staff worker and shot her also.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:20 pm

It absolutely horrifies me that someone could be that deranged to go into a school and kill all those innocent children and the staff!! I pray I never have to deal with something like that at my school I work at. A VERY sad day!! :cry:

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:26 pm

I am absolutely horrified over this. This happened very close to where I grew up in connecticut and this was a very small town where you would never EVER imagine this could happen. President Obama said it correctly. Our hearts are broken. And I'm not so sure they can be mended so easily after this. I grieve deeply for the parents and family members & friends effected by this evil act. I feel especially bad for the parents, this is the Christmas season and their little ones will not be able to open their gifts on the 25th. Our children NEED to be protected.

i hope the killer burns in hell, horribly. Damn him. :cry:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 pm

"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

AKA JH70
I got yer stinkin' quarter!

Post by AKA JH70 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:37 am

Well said Radio

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:08 am

I think the media should now back off and let the families grieve in peace. They certainly dont need reporters standing on their lawns with microphones and cameras pointed at them. :(

I am having a real hard time understanding why this one happened.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:33 am

I agree...the media uses occurrences of this nature to generate
revenue and political bias. People feed on this sort of thing and sadly
its not going to stop...
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:22 pm

You are so right Howard. It is absolutely crazy. I think just about every reporter in the country has now converged upon that poor town and are camping out looking for a story. Enough is enough. :(

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:56 pm

what can also be said, but pales in comparison to the loss of life,
is that responsible gun owners will get another huge black eye
because of this.

I hate that children have died, it is wrong on so many levels. But I
can recall recently when Steve Irwin was killed by accident by a sting
ray barb. People went on a blood hunt and tried killing stingrays
where ever they were found.

Sadly, others seem to be imitating these mass murderers and
try going on killing sprees of their own.

This is indeed a mad world we live in these days...I have faith that
Christ will fix this all when the time comes.

Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Post by Kinzoku » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Just like that Travolta/Hoffman flick "Mad City". This is playing out the same. When will we ever learn?

Turn off the TV, folks. :shh:

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:20 pm

So sad, so senseless, so heartbreaking. Our entire state is weighed with confusion and sadness; it hovers over us like a dark cloud, but I see the entire nation as well as other countries extending their hearts to the victims and their families. People are talking everywhere; in the streets, at work, in the cafes; perhaps they need to. Everybody is touched by this event in some way and everyone has an opinion and some of them differ greatly. How does a town ever recover from such a horrible tragedy? My heart goes out to all the people in that small community I have been to several times and found it charming.

But like I said, everyone has an opinion: and while nothing could EVER justify (or really even explain) such a heinous act, my opinion is that perhaps people should not be so quick to wish him to condemn him and have him "rot in hell" until more about his mental health is known. I see it everywhere, and while I also feel anger and sympathize with their feelings (and if it were my child I would probably feel the same), but mental illness can take many shapes and forms. Some take the outward appearance of evil, while inside it is very possible something is just not working right in the brain. None of us could possibly imagaine what was going on in that young man's head. To commit such a crime I can’t imagine such a young person being completely sane. Time will tell, and although we may never have concrete answers, to hate without understanding may not be the answer. More hate upon hate will never solve anything. There is a huge difference between justice and hate, and it mostly depends on understanding.

Gun control? Better diagnosis of mental illnesses? Better training for first scene responders? More professionals and family members doing something about warning signs? All very tricky things to address.

What can be said is that what happened in Newtown, CT, will be a turning point, for better for worse, for these types of crimes in this country. In the meantime, please send your thoughts, comfort, and prayers to the victims of the tragedy, and that includes the family of Adam Lanza.

Sometime such a horrible act puts things into perspective. Be kind to one another, hug your children, and let them know you love them. May we all act as selfless and brave as those who gave their lives trying to protect innocent children if we are ever unfortunate enough to be in such a terrible situation. It is sometimes said the final moments of person's life when faced with almost certain death defines their character. There were many heroes on December 14th in Newtown, CT. May the entire town, state, and country learn from this tragedy lest all those innocent people and children perish for nothing. I hope time helps lessen the pain of their wounds, some may never recover. I have no answers, but I feel something has to change.

Just my opinion and I wanted to share it. Thanks for reading.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm

The really sad part is, this kid had every intention of killing every single child and adult in that school. The ammo he had ready indicates this. Sure, he was mentally incapacitated, according to medical records. However, his condition is not the type to do such a thing. I completely believe that this young man was completely evil, and acted on it. and if he is burning in hell right now, he completely deserves it.

and yes, his family deserves sympathy. His poor brother and father....how horrible for them as well.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Jeff Belanger, one of the last people to interview George Lutz, was a student at Sandy Hook...

http://www.jeffbelanger.com/blog/christ ... nnecticut/

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 am

PLEASE JOIN US

An online card for Sandy Hook Elementary shooting victims on activism platform Causes has amassed a huge number of online signatures.

More than 1 million people have signed the Sandy Hook Elementary School National Sympathy Card, which is now the largest ever petition on the site, according to Causes Community Manager Alejandro De La Cruz. Only one other Causes petition has ever topped 1 million before.

The e-card for the victims of the attack on the Newtown, Conn., school was receiving 1,000 signatures per minute at peak on Saturday. The card was started by David Paine, co-founder of 9/11 Day.

"Although it's not a true 'petition,' the user on our site improvised the tool to show support for those affected in Newtown," De La Cruz said.

Based on patterns of month-long petitions on the site, De La Cruz predicts the card will be the first ever to top 2 million signatures.

http://mashable.com/2012/12/17/sandy-hook-causes/

Since this article came out, we've now passed the 1.5 million mark, making this the most-signed 'petition' in the history of the "Causes" app. Please join us.

Also a very special thanks to my friend (((Mark))) -- his Facebook page is how I heard about this card :hug:
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 pm

If anybody hasn't heard already, the Westboro Baptist Church is planning on protesting the school and inflicting their hatred on the town.

There's an online petition (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... p/DYf3pH2d) to have this family recognized as a hate group by the government. There's already a second petition, don't have the link, to have their tax exemption status revoked.

It sickens me that these idiots do what they do, but I have a feeling that people aren't going to be letting them get away with this one. People have been hacking the group's website as well as posting online the phone numbers and home addresses of the "church" members as well as posting the group's activities as well as where they are planning on staying while in CT. I'm hoping they don't even make it anywhere near the town.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:19 am

There are many similarities between this shooter and Ronnie DeFeo. Both were mentally ill and came from families which alllowed their mentally ill song to be around guns and were trained to use guns. Both were child killers.

It just amazes me the mother was afraid of her son, yet allowed him to be around guns and had him take training classes for automatic weapons.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 am

automatic weapons? where did it say that?