Post by AKA JH70 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Forget all other games.....

World of Warcraft is awesome.

Brings back many memories.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Re: Video Games and Gaming

Post by radiomixer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:44 am

"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

AKA JH70
I got yer stinkin' quarter!

Post by AKA JH70 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 am

Howard64 wrote:I should add that the Serpent mount is a flying one :)

I never got far enough in World of Warcraft to have a flying mount. I rode a horse but that's about it.

fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Post by fairlyodd_58 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 pm

I used to play a lot of PC (Sims, Sims 2), PS1 (Rugrats: Search for Reptar, Twisted Metal 3) and XBOX (Halo, Halo 2) games back in the day. I only had one game for my gameboy color and it was Scooby-Doo: Classic Creep Capers (still own both to this day actually). My friend had an N64, which her grandmother somehow misplaced, and we would play that. Can't remember what games though >.< Sometimes my cousins would let me play some Mario Racing with them on their N64. I haven't played any video games since around 2007. Watching Youtube gamers such as UberHaxorNova, theRadBrad, SSoHPKC, ImmortalHDFilms, TheCampingTree (aka Sp00n) and others has got me interested in gaming again but I've yet to get around to it.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:33 pm

fairlyodd_58 wrote:Watching Youtube gamers such as UberHaxorNova, theRadBrad, SSoHPKC, ImmortalHDFilms, TheCampingTree (aka Sp00n) and others has got me interested in gaming again but I've yet to get around to it.
Is Sp00n the same guy as 'The Spoony One' who does all the gaming reviews on YouTube? If so he's GLORIOUSLY funny.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 pm

fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Post by fairlyodd_58 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:15 am

radiomixer wrote:
fairlyodd_58 wrote:Watching Youtube gamers such as UberHaxorNova, theRadBrad, SSoHPKC, ImmortalHDFilms, TheCampingTree (aka Sp00n) and others has got me interested in gaming again but I've yet to get around to it.
Is Sp00n the same guy as 'The Spoony One' who does all the gaming reviews on YouTube? If so he's GLORIOUSLY funny.
Nope, different guy.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 am

I recently got my Worgen Druid up to level 90. A worgen is
pretty much a stylized werewolf. Here is a bit of history...

Records indicate that the worgen, a race of lupine humanoids, existed for a time in Kalimdor. Other evidence also suggested that the Worgen were from a different world, that came through portals by Archmage Argual. In fact, more recent evidence suggested that their true origin might have a connection to the night elves and a secretive druidic order from Kalimdor's distant past. This proved to be correct as the curse originated from a druidic sect who followed Goldrinn, known as Druids of the Pack. They shapeshifted into the feral worgen and eventually lost their minds to its violent nature. The other Druids agreed that they must be locked away, and thus put them into eternal slumber deep beneath a tree... until the day Arugal and Velinde Starsong tampered with the Scythe of Elune. It was the night elves, after all, who created the curse in the first place. Obliged to help their newfound allies, they re-introduced them to the Alliance.

The worgen's first verified appearance in the Eastern Kingdoms has been traced back to the Third War, when the archmage Arugal utilized the wolf-beasts as a weapon against the Scourge. Arugal's weapons soon turned against him, however, as the curse of the worgen rapidly spread among the human population, transforming ordinary men and women into ravenous, feral creatures.

Arugal adopted many of the worgen as his own and retreated to the former mansion of Baron Silverlaine, the estate now known as Shadowfang Keep. The curse, however, was not contained. It persisted in the lands of Silverpine and extended even into the fabled walled nation of Gilneas, where the curse rapidly reached pandemic levels.

The citizens of Gilneas found themselves trapped, with no hope of escape. They retreated deeper within the isolated domain, and there they survived, fearful of the savage presence that lurked just outside the barricades.

Tensions among the displaced citizens escalated over time, resulting in a civil war that now threatens to destabilize the embattled nation even more.

There are those among the Gilneans, however, who cling to hope. Many believe that a cure for the worgen curse may exist, although others have nearly given up, fearful that if the barricades should fall, their humanity will be lost forever.

Here is a picture of my druid/worgen...Aniwaya

" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

AKA JH70

Post by AKA JH70 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 am

Awesome....

I only got my worgen up to level 20 I think

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 pm

well if you get back into the game...let me know:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

AKA JH70

Post by AKA JH70 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:30 am

Howard64 wrote:well if you get back into the game...let me know:)

I promise....one of these days I will definitely get back into World of Warcraft.

Right now I need to work on a few other things before that'll happen

fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Post by fairlyodd_58 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Another group of youtube gamers I forgot to mention was Achievement Hunter. They're part of RoosterTeeth, a company best known for the Halo webseries, Red vs. Blue. Achievement Hunter members are: Michael, Ray, Gavin, Geoff (who also voices Grif in RvB), Jack, and Ryan. Another guy, Caleb, usually joins them but he only seems to join during their MineCraft let's play. Here's a Let's Play of them playing World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:12 am

I have always loved video games...my favorites are the Legend of Zelda series, Castlevania, any NBA game or RPG...

Right now I am just starting Dragon Age origins on the PC and playing NBA 2K11, although you guys are making me really curious about WOW.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 pm

I started Dragon Age Origins on the PC a few months before Christmas but
haven't had the time to get back into it.

World of warcraft is a brilliant game, but you have to subscribe to Blizzard and pay to play.
My dad is almost fifty and that's what he spends his weekends playing so I sometimes join in.

I enjoy the Zelda games too. First ever one I played was The Ocarina of Time.

I like retro games. I still played my NES up until 2000 where I caved into getting an N64
purely because I wanted Pokemon Snap and that's how I discovered Ocarina of Time.
I cried when the NES was put in the loft (I was only 11).

I have very fond memories of playing Ultimate Air Combat, Batman, Maniac Mansion,
Super Mario Brothers and Double Dragon on my NES. I also remember that totally
awful game called 'Dragon's Lair' where you literally only took two steps before dying.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 pm

This documentary will be of interest to UK gamers:
From Bedrooms to Billions’: a 90 minute feature length documentary film telling the remarkable, true story of the British video games industry between 1979 to the present and how the creativity and vision of a relatively small number of individuals allowed the UK to play a key, pioneering role in the shaping of the billion dollar video games industry which today, dominates the modern world’s entertainment landscape.
http://www.frombedroomstobillions.com/

Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/119 ... o-billions

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Actually that sounds very interesting in general.

@Roki: Yes! Maniac Mansion was great, but I played it on the PC.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 pm

I remember playing its sequel (day of the tentacle?) On the PC.
I think it also came with the original game, though there have
been so many versions of it over the years - commadore, nes
PC.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Grave
If looks could kill then death would be my name...

Post by Grave » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:00 pm

I was always a fan of the Elder Scroll games...
Right now i'm playing a game on facebook called Stormfall
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/GraveDiggersUnion/nutskick.gif[/img]

fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Post by fairlyodd_58 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:55 am

Bumpity.

Achievement Hunter also has Lindsay (who is engaged to Michael and is currently the only female member of the group. She joined June 2013) and Kerry. And I believe there are a couple of other guys as well. Lindsay and Kerry mostly help with the editing. Lindsay has edited one of their Minecraft Let's Play episodes and did a couple of their "Things to Do In: GTA V" videos". Kerry edits the "GO!" episodes. Caleb is the community manager for Achievement Hunter and I believe he edits Game Night.

Here are the two "Things to Do In: GTA V" videos Lindsay edited:

You can watch their videos on both Rooster Teeth's youtube channel and their Let's Play channel. Geoff registered the Let's Play channel on January 10, 2006 just in case this youtube gaming thing became huge. They started using it April 2013. On Mondays, it's their GTA Let's Plays, Tuesdays - Let's build & GO!, Wednesday - Let's Play (game varies), Thursday - VS, and Fridays - Let's Play Minecraft. On Saturdays and Sundays, their other videos are put on Rooster Teeth's channel.

There's also Joel and Jack play... as well as Joel and Adam Play (also part of Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter). I also watch the Yogscast, mainly Simon and Lewis (not part of RT/AH).

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:14 pm

I am far too addicted to GTAV online these days. The story mode was pretty short, I liked Trevor and
Michael's story lines, but franklin's story was pretty boring IMO :(

Anarane
Amityville Member

Post by Anarane » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am

I'm a massive gaming dorking (as my sig/av probably attests). You guys play The Last of Us? Freakin' amazing game - best game of the generation, imo (I reviewed it here if you're interested!). Am also a huuuuuuge Silent Hill fan (with 2 and 4 being my favourites of the series).

Recently completed the South Park game, the Stick of Truth. Funny as you-know-what. And a surprisingly good turn-based RPG!