Video Games and Gaming

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Video Games and Gaming

Post by radiomixer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:16 am

What are your favorites, and/or what kind [FPS,RPG, etc.] do you like? What platforms do you like to use, or do you play via computer?

I'm an RPG gal, and I love collecting various platforms. Here is an impression of how I basically approach most of my RPG games:

"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Re: Video Games and Gaming

Post by Howard64 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 am

My game of choice right now is World of Warcraft. It has all I need:)

I can "role play" like I do with a current character, a shaman...Nychlan
who happens to be the sister of my wifes character...Darinda. Both kick
some serious butt, and they look sexy while they do eet:)

" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

AKA JH70
I got yer stinkin' quarter!

Post by AKA JH70 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:52 am

I am a fan of World of Warcraft. My favorite character was a Mage specializing in frost. If I remember right, I got him up to level 55 before I had to quit.

Playing World of Warcraft actually saved me money. I played that almost exclusively. Mafia 2 was the exception.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:38 am

My Shaman is lvl 90 now. I have several characters that are lvl 85.

It helps me to vent and such when I wish to kill something:)

We should talk more Aka:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of

AKA JH70

Post by AKA JH70 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 am

Howard64 wrote:My Shaman is lvl 90 now. I have several characters that are lvl 85.

It helps me to vent and such when I wish to kill something:)

We should talk more Aka:)
90?? Dayum!!

Did you get Mists of Pandaria? I know people have been complaining about the latest installment but from what I've seen of it, it looks awesome.

In addition to my frost mage, I had other characters. I cannot remember what the correct names were but one was a female warlock(??) I've also had 2 dwarves(???) and one of the new characters that were part of Catyclysm(or however that's spelled)

I can see those characters on my character selection page but I can NOT remember what they were! LOL

I also played around with a Horde character. That was cool.

I also did a sh*t-ton of auction stuff. I had two dedicated characters that did nothing but buy and sell stuff at the auction houses at Booty Bay and in Stormwind.

Damn.....the WOW Geek in me is coming out!

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:40 am

"Booty Bay"?!? I'm worried about you guys LOL j/k

The ads for "Mists of Pandaria" look very cool indeed!

However, as you guys know, my heart belongs to Angeal Hewley (the brunette here), yet I also have a crush on Sephiroth, as "Crisis Core" proves Sephy was a generous, even kind, soul and faithful friend ... before he found Jenova and went batsh!t crazy. Here's one of the best cutscenes in Final Fantasy history:

"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:17 am

Sis I am highly impressed with this video:) It is astounding how
well they can animate things of this nature now:)

AKA JH70

Post by AKA JH70 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:22 am

Here's a video clip of World of Warcraft's "Booty Bay" section. While WOW doesn't have the extreme graphics quality of Final Fantasy, I still think they're pretty neat. It has a cartoon/comic book look to it.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

I love video games. In the most insane way. I have not played WOW though yet. I love Neverwinter Nights and have over 100 PS2/Gamecube/wii games, mostly adventure-RPG. I also Have been collecting NES and SNES games, i think i have close to 400 combined,mostly in original boxes. Emu's are fun too ;)

I am totally into the FF collection. I also love Gauntlet games and Castlevania games. The emulators i have let me play my ps1 and ps2 games on my laptop. Some of my ultimate favorite games are Sword of Mana, Legend of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, FF7, FF10, FF12, Gods of War I & II, ...the list goes on. I just bought a Wii, finally, and got Super Mario Galaxy, Harry pothead OOTP and Deathly hallows part 2, Nights, Bowling, Links cross training and a cool mega games mix, including darts. Unfortunately this Wii is the new one and can't play my gamecube games. Damn it. BUT it came with the new version of Super Marion Brothers and that game is killer!!!! I need to get used to using that nunchuck(really??? Nunchuck? ok...what do you do with it, chuck it at a nun? That's a bad habit imo) The SMB game I just use the remote sideways. And there are no classic gamepad ports. WTF? I like my gamepad damn it! LOL.

Dose anyone here remember TurboGrafx 16? I still have mine and 25-30 games. Bonk and Dungeon Explorer are great games! Neutopia and the ultimate war game Military Madness are on the top of that list!
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Oh yea, I bought PS1's FF8 and FF9 but have not really gotten into them yet. They look very cool.....
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Does Tempest still count??

"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

Jacob Sterling
Don't lie to me, you bastard fornicator.

Post by Jacob Sterling » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Tim wrote:Does Tempest still count??

Everybody look out! IT'S POLYBIUS! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

And I'm a big fan of the PS2 "Shin Megami Tensei" titles, particularly the "Persona" games.
Sometimes I drink more than I need to, until the TV's dead and gone. I may be lonely-- but I'm never alone, and the night may pass me by, but I never cry.
~ Alice Cooper

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Shawn wrote:I love video games. In the most insane way. I have not played WOW though yet. I love Neverwinter Nights and have over 100 PS2/Gamecube/wii games, mostly adventure-RPG. I also Have been collecting NES and SNES games, i think i have close to 400 combined,mostly in original boxes. Emu's are fun too ;)

I am totally into the FF collection. I also love Gauntlet games and Castlevania games. The emulators i have let me play my ps1 and ps2 games on my laptop. Some of my ultimate favorite games are Sword of Mana, Legend of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, FF7, FF10, FF12, Gods of War I & II, ...the list goes on. I just bought a Wii, finally, and got Super Mario Galaxy, Harry pothead OOTP and Deathly hallows part 2, Nights, Bowling, Links cross training and a cool mega games mix, including darts. Unfortunately this Wii is the new one and can't play my gamecube games. Damn it. BUT it came with the new version of Super Marion Brothers and that game is killer!!!! I need to get used to using that nunchuck(really??? Nunchuck? ok...what do you do with it, chuck it at a nun? That's a bad habit imo) The SMB game I just use the remote sideways. And there are no classic gamepad ports. WTF? I like my gamepad damn it! LOL.

Dose anyone here remember TurboGrafx 16? I still have mine and 25-30 games. Bonk and Dungeon Explorer are great games! Neutopia and the ultimate war game Military Madness are on the top of that list!
Oh. My God. Shawn is my Gaming Astral Twin. #HOLY COW!!!! Image

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Square Enix released this to North America markets today.

AKA JH70

Post by AKA JH70 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 pm

radiomixer wrote: Oh. My God. Shawn is my Gaming Astral Twin. #HOLY COW!!!! Image
Mother of Christ.....

ONE Radio is more than enough!

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 am

LOL!!!!

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 am

I wanted to post a couple of screen shots of my shaman
for you....

Heres one of her riding her new Blue Serpent mount...

And here is one of her farm she has going...its great you can grow your own veggies
for the stuff you have to cook:) Each recipe gives you different stat boosts...extra strength
intelligence, agility, etc...fun stuff:)

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 am

I should add that the Serpent mount is a flying one :)

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am

My character raised it from the time it hatched I call her Celeste...

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Bro that's so far beyond cool! How long did it take to raise your mount and garden? WoW is cool as hell.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 pm

It took me a few weeks...could have been days but I just can't sit
at the computer for long. The farming is and has been an ongoing
endeavor. As I gain more reputation with a group called the "Tillers"
I get more land to farm:)

This game is cool...keeps my sanity:)