FaceBook?

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

FaceBook?

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am

Love the Amityville Boards, but it gives little to nothing away about who I've been talking to - I would like to put a face to of the names on here, so if you have a facebook account look me up via: http://www.facebook.com/matthutton9290
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Re: FaceBook?

Post by radiomixer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 pm

"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Matt9290 wrote:
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I can't figure out if you're a genius, or missed the point. You seem nice, so I'll go with genius. But I still fail at Facebook. Can't even escape the place =(
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Genius... I like it!
I know the feeling, but FB is a necessary evil (along with Linkedin) for me. I interview a lot of mediums etc via these sites, so can't escape the darn things! And I now know what Jason looks like. True he has already posted his pictures on here, but I digress...

If nothing else, FB does make the world a smaller place - but then, who want's to live in a small place?
Oh I'm confusing myself - scratch the 'Genius' idea!

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Not to go OT, but this is my avatar on another board:

Nothing similar about that, eh?

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 pm

radiomixer wrote:Not to go OT, but this is my avatar on another board:

Nothing similar about that, eh?
That is one cool cat!

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Separated at birth...
Image Image

AKA JH70
I got yer stinkin' quarter!

Post by AKA JH70 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:13 pm

radiomixer wrote:Ah, Facebook. I once had a dream. A beautiful dream. Now I can't get away no matter how hard I kick and claw my way out. I'm doomed, I tell ya.
And you'll drag anybody in with ya. :twisted:

I was a part of facebook but I quit it a little over a year ago. Now I'm back and it's actually kinda cool to stay in touch with family and friends.

I don't regret it....yet LOL

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Matt9290 wrote:Separated at birth...
Image Image
Well now, here is the odd thing. My surname etymology is actually English, and Scottish. While I did know about that part of the family line, and that our name's particular origin is well-established of the Briton [1066 A.D.] side, it was only in recent years that my brother Keith, an archeologist, was told by a fellow archeologist that we have a coat of arms and a crest of heraldry.

I still am unclear on this, as the coat-of-arms online are not what Keith was shown; but I know the translation of the Latin maxim is "With constancy, not timidity."

Again, we don't know for sure, but at some point over the centuries we were either married into Scottish, or perhaps relocated to Scotland.

In short, you or Sherb or Roki and I might be distantly related. Surprise!

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:16 am

Well you probably know this already (having an archaeologist for a brother), but just on the off chance you don’t – I can tell you that if indeed your family originated from the Scottish line (which is almost certainly), they would most probably have been part of (or originated within) the Clan Cunningham, who were always associated with the northern Ayrshire region, and had a settlement in the Hemp's Hill area.
So your ancestors most probably wore the distinctive Cunningham tartan, or at least a slight variation of this.

Now I’m making a leap here - But if this is the case, then your Coat of Arms should contain “The greyhound” of “Courage, vigilance, and loyalty”
This would reside in the place, which on royal coats of arms, you would find a crown. There is another Coat of Arms associated with the family name, but this came later, and they were (as far as I am aware) descended from the same family line, so a later branch. But I’d need to really dig a bit deeper to be sure

Although I am unaware of any connection with our families (from the 1500’s to modern times), I can tell you that my ancestors were very active prior to (and following) 1066 in the Ayrshire area… So you just never know!

Of course – I may be way of track and have the wrong family name/etc… But you should be able to tell from the above??

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:07 am

That's very true. My ancestors originated from
Ireland and moved to Scotland, but because one
half of my family moved to Canada in the 1970s
and have second homes (lucky sods. Too jealous)
in Florida, I have a canadian, american (and english
if we count my grandads sisters families) and
Scottish relatives so its very very possible we are
all distantly related.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:37 am

Rokiisun wrote:That's very true. My ancestors originated from
Ireland and moved to Scotland, but because one
half of my family moved to Canada in the 1970s
and have second homes (lucky sods. Too jealous)
in Florida, I have a canadian, american (and english
if we count my grandads sisters families) and
Scottish relatives so its very very possible we are
all distantly related.
Wow! That's pretty darn cool! I'm sure Sherb is crying over a pint about this (haarrr!), but I think it's cool as can be!

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Matt9290 wrote:Well you probably know this already
Honestly, I know quite little. The whole 'coat and crest' business was news to me.
Matt9290 wrote:(having an archaeologist for a brother),
What's with the italics?? *I* have to deal with him as a sibling (and an elder, at that!). He's my pain-in-the-arse, not yours!
Matt9290 wrote:but just on the off chance you don’t – I can tell you that if indeed your family originated from the Scottish line (which is almost certainly), they would most probably have been part of (or originated within) the Clan Cunningham, who were always associated with the northern Ayrshire region, and had a settlement in the Hemp's Hill area.

It would appear that some of this seems to have possibility, but this does not quite fit the geneology I was raised with.
Matt9290 wrote:So your ancestors most probably wore the distinctive Cunningham tartan, or at least a slight variation of this.
I would rawk that tartan, baby. Shaggalicious.
Matt9290 wrote:Now I’m making a leap here - But if this is the case, then your Coat of Arms should contain “The greyhound” of “Courage, vigilance, and loyalty”
There's the thing; my brother got a huge charge out of this, but again, we're getting conflicting reports. Some say there are one, two, or three. I'm wondering if it's actually a greyhound or a wolf. That would be tops because my great-grandmother was full-on Cherokee who was connected to what's now a minor Native American legend, and I've always identified with my Native roots; my symbol is a white wolf.

I'm told the greyhound we may be referring to is white, however many there are. The reason it tickled us is, long ago, we were known -- in many states -- for having a dog who was a minor celebrity in her own right. She had to be part greyhound; she didn't chase cars, she kept pace with them. So of course, my brothers bestowed her with a noble name:

Schlitz Malt Liquor.
:fp:
Matt9290 wrote:This would reside in the place, which on royal coats of arms, you would find a crown.
Holy crap, we were royal?!? Wow, that explains so much. [Insert your own punchline here.]
Matt9290 wrote:There is another Coat of Arms associated with the family name, but this came later, and they were (as far as I am aware) descended from the same family line, so a later branch. But I’d need to really dig a bit deeper to be sure
I'm not completely sure we'd be able to, as the online data seems to differ from what our family has told us. Interesting though. However, I'd rather not reveal my heritage name online; it's not my legal name anyway, but as you know, we have some resident trolls around here.
:roll:
Matt9290 wrote:Although I am unaware of any connection with our families (from the 1500’s to modern times), I can tell you that my ancestors were very active prior to (and following) 1066 in the Ayrshire area… So you just never know!

Disowning me already, eh? That's gotta be a record for me here lol
Matt9290 wrote:Of course – I may be way of track and have the wrong family name/etc… But you should be able to tell from the above??

You're somewhere in the neighborhood ;)