Got to see Al Pacino today

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Got to see Al Pacino today

Post by AmityPhotos » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Went to photograph a press conference for Al Pacino's upcoming play Glengarry Glen Ross. Got to sit in the front row, about 10 feet away from him. Seems like such a down to earth person, especially for being a film icon/living legend. I can't wait to shoot the red carpet for its opening in November, I'm sure many celebrities will be there

If you are interested in seeing a couple pics- http://amityphotos.zenfolio.com/p186005778
www.AmityPhotos.com

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Got to see Al Pacino today

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 am

Cool, is he playing the same character from the movie, which inspired a million prank phone calls?

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:39 am

Bobby Cannavale is actually playing the Richard Roma character and Al Pacino is playing Shelly Levene, which was played by Jack Lemmon in the movie. I'm not really familiar with the story, so I am wondering if I should go to this cold turkey or see the movie first
www.AmityPhotos.com

Jacob Sterling
Don't lie to me, you bastard fornicator.

Post by Jacob Sterling » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:56 am

I ran into Al in New York City a few years ago, he's a lot shorter than I thought. Also, I recently watched a movie he did directed by "Exorcist" director William Friedkin called "Cruising," which I thought was really good. My favorite movie he's been in is still "The Godfather Part III," though.
Sometimes I drink more than I need to, until the TV's dead and gone. I may be lonely-- but I'm never alone, and the night may pass me by, but I never cry.
~ Alice Cooper

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:33 am

After taking a glance at my group shots, you are right, he is pretty short.
My favorite movie he's been in is still "The Godfather Part III," though.
I have to admit, that is the first time I've seen that being someone's favorite
I recently watched a movie he did directed by "Exorcist" director William Friedkin called "Cruising," which I thought was really good.
I've never seen that, and I am a huge 'Exorcist' fan. Friedkin is probably on the top of my list of directors to meet/photograph. Francis Ford Coppola - was at a premiere I shot a few months back, but didn't walk the red carpet.
www.AmityPhotos.com

Jacob Sterling
Don't lie to me, you bastard fornicator.

Post by Jacob Sterling » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 pm

AmityPhotos wrote:
I recently watched a movie he did directed by "Exorcist" director William Friedkin called "Cruising," which I thought was really good.
I've never seen that, and I am a huge 'Exorcist' fan. Friedkin is probably on the top of my list of directors to meet/photograph. Francis Ford Coppola - was at a premiere I shot a few months back, but didn't walk the red carpet.
It's not for everybody, it's about the gay S&M scene in New York City in the 70s. And the ending is really, really strange...
Sometimes I drink more than I need to, until the TV's dead and gone. I may be lonely-- but I'm never alone, and the night may pass me by, but I never cry.
~ Alice Cooper

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:16 pm

AmityPhotos wrote: I've never seen that, and I am a huge 'Exorcist' fan. Friedkin is probably on the top of my list of directors to meet/photograph. Francis Ford Coppola - was at a premiere I shot a few months back, but didn't walk the red carpet.
Just got the press release today, I'll be photographing William Friedkin this weekend!
www.AmityPhotos.com