The Colorado shootings

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
User avatar
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife
Posts: 3542

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by radiomixer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah, having a monarchy and asking all criminals to turn in their guns would work really swell for America. Then all our healthcare coverage woes would be solved as well. Thanks, Arch.

And Simon: I can't find the stats you posted anywhere. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm asking you to please tell me where I can find them.

Lastly, it's interesting that a couple of you mention the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I request you describe the conflict rather than merely referring to it, as such referrals leave much room for interpretation. TIA.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

User avatar
Grave
If looks could kill then death would be my name...
Posts: 780
Location: The Dead Box
Contact:

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Grave » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Image
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/GraveDiggersUnion/nutskick.gif[/img]

User avatar
Simon
formerly Just Simon
Posts: 189

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Simon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:16 pm

radiomixer wrote:Yeah, having a monarchy and asking all criminals to turn in their guns would work really swell for America. Then all our healthcare coverage woes would be solved as well. Thanks, Arch.

And Simon: I can't find the stats you posted anywhere. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm asking you to please tell me where I can find them.

Lastly, it's interesting that a couple of you mention the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I request you describe the conflict rather than merely referring to it, as such referrals leave much room for interpretation. TIA.
Having a Monarchy makes no difference in the UK, they don't actually run the country, the democratically elected Government does.

In Australia, following the massacre at Port Arthur in which 35 innocent people were killed and more than 20 injured, the Government of the day introduced a gun buy back program and an amnesty for illegal firearm owners to hand them in. I am sure that the criminals did not hand their firearms in but it did reduce the sheer number of firearms in the community.

Here you go Beck, South Africa makes the rest of the World look like Disneyland. Amazingly the UK with a population of 62 million had only 14 firearm deaths, they must be doing something right.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... h-firearms

User avatar
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di
Posts: 4300
Location: Athens, Texas

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Howard64 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:55 pm

The whole point of my thread was to illustrate that just
because a few act like murdering idiots, does not mean the rest
do. That is no reason to take away the rights of those who do
use common sense to suffer.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

User avatar
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son
Posts: 2405
Location: It depends ;-)

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:48 am

radiomixer wrote:Yeah, having a monarchy and asking all criminals to turn in their guns would work really swell for America. Then all our healthcare coverage woes would be solved as well. Thanks, Arch.

And Simon: I can't find the stats you posted anywhere. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm asking you to please tell me where I can find them.

Lastly, it's interesting that a couple of you mention the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I request you describe the conflict rather than merely referring to it, as such referrals leave much room for interpretation. TIA.
Hi Radiomixer,

I can't see where I ever said monarchy was a solution. Can you show me please ?

The US and it's weapon regulation is SO bad for centuries that it's way too late to change it I guess. Yeah, they should give more money for healthcare coverage indeed, but that's not bringing no money to any leader so it won't ever happen in this world.

Take care.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

User avatar
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son
Posts: 2405
Location: It depends ;-)

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 am

Howard64 wrote:The whole point of my thread was to illustrate that just
because a few act like murdering idiots, does not mean the rest
do. That is no reason to take away the rights of those who do
use common sense to suffer.
Hi Howard,

It's not only about those few idiots murdering but it's also about all the accidents weapons brought, all street fights going stronger because of weapons then the awful damages weapons bring when clumsy people use it.

Our rights as human citizens is above all to think instead of following traditions or because our country amendment said that or this. We are no robots, are we ? We have to think much further than what any government tells us. Are they really taking care uf us ? I don't think so. If yes, how come so many can't have access to real treatments and insurance coverages ?

Now yes, you are using it for hunting to eat, alllright. Then I guess people in Amityville for exemple, also need it to hunt to eat.. then also in Brooklyn or in the Bronx, because there are woods to hunt to eat... I guess it's the same in Los Angeles, people need gun to hunt to eat... Come on...

Take care.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

User avatar
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife
Posts: 3542

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by radiomixer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Architect of light 75 wrote:
radiomixer wrote:Yeah, having a monarchy and asking all criminals to turn in their guns would work really swell for America. Then all our healthcare coverage woes would be solved as well. Thanks, Arch.
[...]
Lastly, it's interesting that a couple of you [ARCH] mention the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I request you describe the conflict rather than merely referring to it, as such referrals leave much room for interpretation. TIA.
Hi Radiomixer,

I can't see where I ever said monarchy was a solution. Can you show me please ?
Arch to BillyCigars USA wrote:You don't have monarchs but England and Sweden have and they seem to have much less crimes than the US. Plus, the Monarchy thing is part of their very old history and culture, which you don't have due to the youth of your country.
http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... 3&start=21
First of all my first paragraph was SARCASM. Secondly, we 'lack' a monarchy because we don't WANT one, in fact our founders [the EURO ones anyway, our Native founders ran the place better and with more respect, but we'll leave that for now!] went out of their way to FLEE a monarchy, there's never going to BE a monarchy, and if you or your family don't like US Constitutional rights, you can move them right the heck out of the country. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Arch wrote:The US and it's weapon regulation is SO bad for centuries
You need to go back and study American History 101, or get over your habit of 'sweeping generalizations.' It's inaccurate and frankly, it's really pissing me off.
Arch wrote: ... that it's way too late to change it I guess.
Yeah, how about this: Let's ask all LEGAL gunowners in Los Angeles to turn in their guns, and let the criminal elements to keep theirs. Still want your 'family' in LA?
Arch wrote:Yeah, they should give more money for healthcare coverage indeed, but that's not bringing no money to any leader so it won't ever happen in this world.
What you lack in understanding about the workings of political lobbies and special interest groups is A Lot. Your statement could hardly be more wrong.
Arch wrote:Take care.
If you meant that at all, you'd stop insulting my intelligence, my history, and my personal history, but then, you have little way of knowing that. And where's your apology to me? Oh I forgot I'm not a MODERATOR.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

User avatar
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife
Posts: 3542

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by radiomixer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Simon wrote:
radiomixer wrote:Yeah, having a monarchy and asking all criminals to turn in their guns would work really swell for America. Then all our healthcare coverage woes would be solved as well. Thanks, Arch.

And Simon: I can't find the stats you posted anywhere. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm asking you to please tell me where I can find them.

Lastly, it's interesting that a couple of you [Simon] mention the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I request you describe the conflict rather than merely referring to it, as such referrals leave much room for interpretation. TIA.
Having a Monarchy makes no difference in the UK, they don't actually run the country, the democratically elected Government does.
Simon later also said:
Amazingly the UK with a population of 62 million had only 14 firearm deaths, they must be doing something right.
Yes, and many criminologists, investigators, and detectives state that modern-day crime investigation owes much of it's roots to the Jack the Ripper murders. Oh but those were committed with blade instruments, and not a one of you wants to use overall weapons descriptions (including nuclear proliferation in many countries) as a valid topic. Hell no. Let's just discuss the guns, and totally ignore every single positive comment Howard made about responsible gun ownership, storage, and usage.

That's 50% of what's really angering me about the responses Howard's getting from you and Arch. Too many aspects of both your claims are presented in a nice tidy scientific vacuum, where you both omit so many other applicable facts. However, I give you far more credit than Arch, that's for sure. At least the data you HAVE posted is SO much closer to reality, and you look at the topic on a global scale, rather than erroneously insisting that the USA is the Worst in the World. I do respect that very much, and that's not sarcasm.
Simon wrote:Here you go Beck, South Africa makes the rest of the World look like Disneyland. Amazingly the UK with a population of 62 million had only 14 firearm deaths, they must be doing something right.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... h-firearms

THANK YOU! I went over countless websites for over two hours (yes!) and could not find your source to save my life, so thank you for ending my search.

However, I find fault with your data, sorry. This website (which is compiled by an Australian, but that shouldn't imply willful intent of misuse) is based solely on two sources, and the author himself admits that again, it lacks pertinent overall data, and worse, the very chart you quote is based on a single source (note the year, please):
SOURCE: The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention)

I'm sorry but that single, dated source is not sufficient. In order to truly grasp the most accurate data, I would have to aggregate data from (in no particular order) Amnesty International, The International Red Cross/Red Crescent/Natan-Atan, and various other world govermental agencies in tandem with NGO's in the same. (Additionally I thoroughly vet various reporting sources and have learned to trust few, worldwide.)

The fact this site's founder is basing the overall inspiration for the website on the CIA World Factbook doesn't inspire my confidence either, I'm afraid.

So Simon, we approach data far differently, and again, I give you high praise for your attempt -- we just differ on what we consider to be viable data.

Let me give you an example: On the exact same website you quoted, another chart -- murders per capita -- the USA isn't even in the top 37 countries!
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... per-capita
Simon wrote:In Australia, following the massacre at Port Arthur in which 35 innocent people were killed and more than 20 injured, the Government of the day introduced a gun buy back program and an amnesty for illegal firearm owners to hand them in. I am sure that the criminals did not hand their firearms in but it did reduce the sheer number of firearms in the community.
Let's say your data is accurate as per the reduction of arms. Did it help the situation? I think the point is debatable on a number of levels and subject to numerous aspects. Here's just one example. See if you can find one of my points in it:

In Australia, annual deaths resulting from firearms total:

2008: 225
2007: 404
2006: 229
2005: 187
2004: 201
2003: 287
2002: 293 <----
2001: 326
2000: 324
1999: 347
1998: 312
1997: 428
1996: 516
1995: 470
1994: 516
1993: 513
1992: 608
1991: 618
1990: 595
1989: 549
1988: 674
1987: 694
1986: 677
1985: 682
1984: 675
1983: 644
1982: 689
1981: 618
1980: 687
1979: 685

I'll even give you a hint: See that little red arrow pointing to the same year you quoted from? That's not the reason I posted the list. I'm curious if you'll see the same overall point I did.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

User avatar
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son
Posts: 2405
Location: It depends ;-)

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 pm

radiomixer wrote:
Architect of light 75 wrote:
radiomixer wrote:Yeah, having a monarchy and asking all criminals to turn in their guns would work really swell for America. Then all our healthcare coverage woes would be solved as well. Thanks, Arch.
[...]
Lastly, it's interesting that a couple of you [ARCH] mention the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I request you describe the conflict rather than merely referring to it, as such referrals leave much room for interpretation. TIA.
Hi Radiomixer,

I can't see where I ever said monarchy was a solution. Can you show me please ?
Arch to BillyCigars USA wrote:You don't have monarchs but England and Sweden have and they seem to have much less crimes than the US. Plus, the Monarchy thing is part of their very old history and culture, which you don't have due to the youth of your country.
http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... 3&start=21
First of all my first paragraph was SARCASM. Secondly, we 'lack' a monarchy because we don't WANT one, in fact our founders [the EURO ones anyway, our Native founders ran the place better and with more respect, but we'll leave that for now!] went out of their way to FLEE a monarchy, there's never going to BE a monarchy, and if you or your family don't like US Constitutional rights, you can move them right the heck out of the country. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Arch wrote:The US and it's weapon regulation is SO bad for centuries
You need to go back and study American History 101, or get over your habit of 'sweeping generalizations.' It's inaccurate and frankly, it's really pissing me off.
Arch wrote: ... that it's way too late to change it I guess.
Yeah, how about this: Let's ask all LEGAL gunowners in Los Angeles to turn in their guns, and let the criminal elements to keep theirs. Still want your 'family' in LA?
Arch wrote:Yeah, they should give more money for healthcare coverage indeed, but that's not bringing no money to any leader so it won't ever happen in this world.
What you lack in understanding about the workings of political lobbies and special interest groups is A Lot. Your statement could hardly be more wrong.

If you meant that at all, you'd stop insulting my intelligence, my history, and my personal history, but then, you have little way of knowing that. And where's your apology to me? Oh I forgot I'm not a MODERATOR.
Arch wrote:Take care.
Hi,

Billy Cigar talked about the monarchy first then I just followed. I never meant it was a solution but since England and Sweden for exemple have it, I could tell it wasn't that bad apparently.

The first person who talked about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict was Howard, not me. He used it as a comparison, and I used it to show we coudln't really compare it, that's all.

Pissing you off ? Well sorry really. You are taking this way too much at heart. I wouldn't take somebody's ignorance about my country at heart. Plus I would not aruge if the person is right like saying my country is also very corrupted or more. I don't take things about my country at heart, I'm happy to live here because our life conditions are great but I could move to another country if I wanted. I'm not patriotic but yeah I love it here but I'm always one of the first saying when something is wronge here.

Well when I see how average the conditions are in America, the wages people get, I just think that the government priorities are somewhere else.

I don't see your point about the L.A guns (not the band ;) ) All guns owned by non-professionnals like police officers or others is a mistake, that's all.

I really mean you to take care when I say that, I'm not angry or being nasty, sorry if you got me wrong. You can give me many bad sides about Switzerland if you want, it can help you to feel better maybe, go on. I won't get upset, I really don't care. I know my country is deeply corrupted too but at least we have a really really good quality of life.

See you !
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

User avatar
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son
Posts: 2405
Location: It depends ;-)

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:24 pm


First of all my first paragraph was SARCASM. Secondly, we 'lack' a monarchy because we don't WANT one, in fact our founders [the EURO ones anyway, our Native founders ran the place better and with more respect, but we'll leave that for now!] went out of their way to FLEE a monarchy, there's never going to BE a monarchy, and if you or your family don't like US Constitutional rights, you can move them right the heck out of the country. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Ho yeah I forgot about that. Well my family, my American family has the right, like you to have their opinion. They are hard working and honest people, generous and kind (most of them :) ) so they have the right to say what is wrong in their country.

Your technique when somebody does not agree with you is to kick them out of their country ? Gosh.. they are your fellow Americans, stay united, come on ;)

See you around.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

User avatar
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife
Posts: 3542

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by radiomixer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Architect of light 75 wrote:
Howard64 wrote:The whole point of my thread was to illustrate that just because a few act like murdering idiots, does not mean the rest
do. That is no reason to take away the rights of those who do
use common sense to suffer.
Architect of light 75 wrote:It's not only about those few idiots murdering but it's also about all the accidents weapons brought, all street fights going stronger because of weapons then the awful damages weapons bring when clumsy people use it.
Bullsh!t! Howard knows what the hell he meant when he began this topic, and no matter how many times he repeats that same thought, you insist on changing it, insulting both it AND him (and this is my family you're messing with now, buddy -- although you're about to find out how very different Howard and I can be, that's a promise), and mucking up the whole damn thread with ridiculously INANE comments like 'I guess all you guys in all these cities have to hunt to eat..'[paraphrase] OhferthaloveofGod. Couldn't you just take Kathy's generous hint??? I guess it was beyond you.

Face it, Arch. You're now openly harassing someone, and you aren't even manning up enough to bother with concrete debate points, just vague sh!t and abject BS on the side. You don't even care about the facts connected to the original example -- the Colorado shooting!

GLARING EXAMPLE:
Architect of light 75 wrote:
t00nCiNaToR wrote:He was heavily armoured... but he is a coward and return fire probably would have made him run in the other direction... big man with a gun!

Little Human Being...
Return fire probably would have injured other people behind him... Him run in the other direction wouldn't stop him to do it again..
Had you even BOTHERED to read or view a SINGLE ACCOUNT of that horrible event, you would know the only thing behind the shooter was a WALL and a MOVIE SCREEN. Returning fire in his direction would have endangered NO ONE, and such an event could have stunned the shooter long enough to be subdued!
Arch wrote:Our rights as human citizens is above all to think instead of following traditions or because our country amendment said that or this.
So now if we support our country's constitution, we are not "think[ing]." Supporting the ideals of our Constitution in no way suggests we follow it due to tradition. How many people are you laboring so hard to insult, and how many more pages do you insist on this ludcrously stupid effort?
Arch wrote:We are no robots, are we ?
You are giving one hell of a great impression of a robot, because you keep repeating some of the same nonsense over and over AD NAUSEUM. You don't care who you insult (unless it's a moderator), you don't care how often you insult (unless it's a moderator), but boy oh boy you sure can REPEAT an insult ... and since robots and computers are only as reliable as the data that human beings program them with, yeah, your posts are looking awfully robotic to me.
Arch wrote:We have to think much further than what any government tells us. Are they really taking care uf us ? I don't think so. If yes, how come so many can't have access to real treatments and insurance coverages ?
I think you should offer real proof that Gun Control [ALONE] has a direct impact on why certain citizens "can't have access to real treatments and insurance coverages." If you cannot, you should CEASE to bring it up here and BEGIN your own topic elsewhere on this board!
Arch wrote:Now yes, you are using it for hunting to eat, alllright. Then I guess people in Amityville for exemple, also need it to hunt to eat.. then also in Brooklyn or in the Bronx, because there are woods to hunt to eat... I guess it's the same in Los Angeles, people need gun to hunt to eat... Come on...
Please do let us know if you have any intention of actually discussing any aspect of this topic. All I have seen you do so far is insult people, PREACH to people (of which you are shamefully unqualified to even attempt, yet it doesn't seem to stop your efforts), and exercise your continually annoying habit of holding yourself above other humans in 'intelligence,' 'status,' and 'idealism.'

I don' think you have understanding of life in my country [USA] and worse, your posts suggest you have no compassion for victims and survivors.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

User avatar
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son
Posts: 2405
Location: It depends ;-)

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:30 pm

I'll reply to you tomorrow Radio Mixer, it's late here and after 2 hours of basketball I deserve a deep night.

Pray so the gun under my pillows shots a bullet in my head during the night ;) Just joking :P

See you around, good evening to you.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

User avatar
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife
Posts: 3542

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by radiomixer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Architect of light 75 wrote:

First of all my first paragraph was SARCASM. Secondly, we 'lack' a monarchy because we don't WANT one, in fact our founders [the EURO ones anyway, our Native founders ran the place better and with more respect, but we'll leave that for now!] went out of their way to FLEE a monarchy, there's never going to BE a monarchy, and if you or your family don't like US Constitutional rights, you can move them right the heck out of the country. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Ho yeah I forgot about that. Well my family, my American family has the right, like you to have their opinion. They are hard working and honest people, generous and kind (most of them :) ) so they have the right to say what is wrong in their country.

Your technique when somebody does not agree with you is to kick them out of their country ? Gosh.. they are your fellow Americans, stay united, come on ;)
Well I forgot a very obvious other choice: they can lobby to change law.

I've been offered very lucrative jobs in LA. I turned them down because due to security factors, it would be like living in a DeMilitarized Zone [DMZ]. Unlike Howard, I do not "like" my guns. I respect why police agencies forced me to arm myself, but in no way do I "like" it.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

kathyM
Princess
Posts: 2701

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by kathyM » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

I told you Arch that sometimes you sound like you are picking on America.

Wow Arch, Radiomixer gets a sorry from you? And you wonder why I think you are a j---? Thanks Arch for either showing your true colors or maybe there really is a language barrier and you misunderstand a lot?

User avatar
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife
Posts: 3542

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by radiomixer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Architect of light 75 wrote:I'll reply to you tomorrow Radio Mixer, it's late here and after 2 hours of basketball I deserve a deep night.

Pray so the gun under my pillows shots a bullet in my head during the night ;) Just joking :P

See you around, good evening to you.
Oh God forbid, Arch! A person can be angry and insulted and STILL wish no harm on anyone! Sleep well.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

User avatar
Grave
If looks could kill then death would be my name...
Posts: 780
Location: The Dead Box
Contact:

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Grave » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 pm

So...Anyone see the Dark Knight movie?.. :breakdance:
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/GraveDiggersUnion/nutskick.gif[/img]

User avatar
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife
Posts: 3542

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by radiomixer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:48 pm

kathyM wrote:I told you Arch that sometimes you sound like you are picking on America.

Wow Arch, Radiomixer gets a sorry from you? And you wonder why I think you are a j---? Thanks Arch for either showing your true colors or maybe there really is a language barrier and you misunderstand a lot?

Yeah, part of this I don't 'get' either, as I have no intention of going after his country while he's so bent on insulting my own.

A non-corrupt goverment? Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? :roll:
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

User avatar
radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife
Posts: 3542

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by radiomixer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Grave wrote:So...Anyone see the Dark Knight movie?.. :breakdance:

You're incorrigible.
Thank goodness!

Image
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

User avatar
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di
Posts: 4300
Location: Athens, Texas

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Howard64 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:35 pm

I was going to comment on this but my dear sister beat me
to it. And given what I read of her posts, I cannot add much.

I will say this, when I compared the Israeli/Palestinian point
to the shootings, I simply meant that either is a senseless killing
and involves...INNOCENTS...on both sides. But then again, war
does that.

I for one do not believe diplomacy flows from the barrel of a gun,
but in the case of this country, we had no choice but to resort to
firearms to defend our very way of life as colonials.

Case in point; in 1860, when the United States was pushing westward
and the "Indian Wars" were coming to an end, government officials
were called in to quell native uprisings with the plains Indians in the area.

They first took away their arms, then proceeded to murder them all. This
would become the Massacre of Wounded Knee.

Let us review something...

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

It does not say police, it does not say only the military or professionals,
it says "THE PEOPLE". Cut and dried. If it had not been for "THE PEOPLE"
during the infancy of this country, rising up to defend their homes, farms,
families and their way of life, we would not be here.

If you do not like guns, that is your affair. Do not berate or deny others who can
legally own them to do the very same thing our forefathers did.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

User avatar
Grave
If looks could kill then death would be my name...
Posts: 780
Location: The Dead Box
Contact:

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Grave » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm

one of my favorite episodes:
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/GraveDiggersUnion/nutskick.gif[/img]

User avatar
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di
Posts: 4300
Location: Athens, Texas

Re: The Colorado shootings

Post by Howard64 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 pm

heheh thanks grave:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Post Reply