New member here

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Lillan71
Amityville Member

New member here

Post by Lillan71 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:53 pm

...who has been lurking around this great board for ages and now wants to say hello. I'm from Sweden and I've been interested in everything Amityville since I read about the original movie (and above all, saw a pic of the VHS cover) in a magazine 30 years ago.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: New member here

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi, and welcome!

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Welcome! :)

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Welcome :):D
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Lillan71
Amityville Member

Post by Lillan71 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:31 am

Thank you! It's great to be here.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Welcome aboard!
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:00 am

Howdy:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 am

From Sweden? Welcome to the board ... are you the girl with the dragon tattoo? :-) j/k
- Brendan72

"Facts don't care for your feelings."
- Ben Shapiro

Lillan71
Amityville Member

Post by Lillan71 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Thanks everyone!

Brendan72 wrote:From Sweden? Welcome to the board ... are you the girl with the dragon tattoo? :-) j/k
He, he...nope..sorry! I haven't even seen the films (or read the books they're based on. Since I work as a librarian, promise not to tell anyone.) :)

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Lillan71 wrote:Thanks everyone!

Brendan72 wrote:From Sweden? Welcome to the board ... are you the girl with the dragon tattoo? :-) j/k
He, he...nope..sorry! I haven't even seen the films (or read the books they're based on. Since I work as a librarian, promise not to tell anyone.) :)
Yay! That's cool, your job! Is there a certain type of books you like to read?

I just read a fantastic book, Sultana, by Prince Michael of Greece. The story is true and taken from this woman's actual diaries, which were found sealed up in an old wing of the Grand Palace of the Ottoman Empire. This girl was kidnapped to be sold to the ruler's harem, but wound up running the entire empire! Her cousin was the same Josephine who later in life married Napoleon. I see why this project was so important to Prince Michael, because it was a real page-turner from beginning to end.

Now I'm into a sci-fi by Alan Steele, and a fantasy novel.
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

Lillan71
Amityville Member

Post by Lillan71 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:49 pm

I work in a school library most of the time and it's so great to see the kids getting excited over books. The younger ones carry home quite a few but when they get a bit older so many of them lose interest.

I'm mostly into horror- and crimenovels.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Very cool. I worked at a library and loved it. All those books! It was like being in heaven. :)

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Lillan71 wrote:I work in a school library most of the time and it's so great to see the kids getting excited over books. The younger ones carry home quite a few but when they get a bit older so many of them lose interest.

I'm mostly into horror- and crimenovels.
Well then, you should feel right at home around here! Plenty members share your interest :)
kathyM wrote:Very cool. I worked at a library and loved it. All those books! It was like being in heaven. :)
Really! I still AM in heaven when I go there. I think I may be a book-snob, though -- I giggle openly at people with Kindles lol

[***Correction, that's Allen Steele, not Alan; the book is Coyote. Pretty cool read so far.]

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Is Lillan your real name? If it is, beautiful!!! Never heard that name before but really like it! Welcome!!!! 8-)

I adore Sweden! I so want to go there! My absolute favorite pop band is from there!!!!! :dance:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Lillan71
Amityville Member

Post by Lillan71 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Shawn wrote:Is Lillan your real name?
No, it 's not my real name. It's actually not a name at all. It means "little one" in Swedish. My stepfather often calls me Lillan even though I'm 41-years old. In the eyes of your parents you will always remain a kid, I guess. My real name is Malin.

What's the name of the pop band you like?

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Lillan71 wrote:
Shawn wrote:Is Lillan your real name?
No, it 's not my real name. It's actually not a name at all. It means "little one" in Swedish. My stepfather often calls me Lillan even though I'm 41-years old. In the eyes of your parents you will always remain a kid, I guess. My real name is Malin.
I think ^both* names are beautiful, really.
Lillan71 wrote:What's the name of the pop band you like?
If he dare says ABBA, that_is_it, I'm kidnapping him to take him clubbing. The louder the ABBA, the better.

You guys keep talking, I'm going to go back to the Greatest Club on Earth ... this was it's theme song.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:26 pm

ABBA was my guess too. Who can forget Dancing Queen? I loved that song. Now that I said it, is it playing inside your head now? :)

Lillan71
Amityville Member

Post by Lillan71 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Abba was great. I still play my old records every now and then.

exceter81
Amityville Member

Post by exceter81 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi, i'm New too

I'm Markus from Germany
Visit this Board for years and Love to read all those stuff.

My written english isn't very good.

I Love the Amityville Movies und all what's attatched to it.

Like the discussions on The shattered and splattered hopes facebook Pages too ;)

Lillan71
Amityville Member

Post by Lillan71 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi Markus. Good to know I'm not the only new member around here. :D

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Lillan71 wrote:Abba was great. I still play my old records every now and then.

LOL! Yes, Abba IS the band....but Sweden has also given the World Roxette and Europe too! :)

funny thing about Abba....they are STILL making millions on their record sales even 20 years after they split up! (not to mention a hit Broadway show that is STILL running to this day and helped NYC cope after 911.)
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.