Shockingly Sexist Vintage Ads

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville

Julabard
how strange...

Re: Shockingly Sexist Vintage Ads

Post by Julabard » Sun May 06, 2012 4:52 am

LOL! Thanks for posting this!
Okay, I see you there! There's a 12 gauge shotgun, waitin' for anybody trespassin'!

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun May 06, 2012 6:56 am

The 'blow in her face' ad made me giggle. That's so bad.

Advertising in the 30s - 70s was so terrible though.
I can't believe women didn't speak up any sooner about it.

My dad left high school in 1979 and he told me about how
Classes were divided in that the girls did cookery and the
Men did woodwork. One day he and his friends snuck into
The class and the teacher went nuts at them,
'What are boys doing in here?'
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:15 am

I dated a girl once who liked a good spanking once in a while.

Those were back in my biker days. I was such a slutpuppy then...
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Simon
formerly Just Simon

Post by Simon » Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

I don't see the issue here.....

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Simon wrote:I don't see the issue here.....
Well, if you are the type of guy that believes women are substandard and inferior to you, then I understand your POV. However, if that IS your POV, I totally do not agree with it.

Then again, if your post is what I think it is(IOW are you a sexist :) flower :)) I should inform you that it is certainly not exactly a great way to make friends here, or anywhere else in the civilized world. So in that respect, Simon, what are you implying? My first reaction to your post is in utter contempt and I really hope I am mistaken in trying to understand such a response.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:00 am

Shutup and make my dinner, woman! :D
Howard64 wrote:I dated a girl once who liked a good spanking once in a while.

Those were back in my biker days. I was such a slutpuppy then...
Brings back memories of my younger days ... without going into too much detail ... the imagination is a good tool about now!
- Brendan72

"Facts don't care for your feelings."
- Ben Shapiro

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:06 am

- Brendan72

- Ben Shapiro

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 am

Shawn wrote:
Well, if you are the type of guy that believes women are substandard and inferior to you, then I understand your POV. However, if that IS your POV, I totally do not agree with it.
I think he was joking :)

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:39 am

Shawn wrote:
Sounds like somebody has their monthly visitor! :-)
- Brendan72

- Ben Shapiro

Simon
formerly Just Simon

Post by Simon » Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Shawn wrote:

Then again, if your post is what I think it is(IOW are you a sexist :) flower :)) I should inform you that it is certainly not exactly a great way to make friends here, or anywhere else in the civilized world. So in that respect, Simon, what are you implying? My first reaction to your post is in utter contempt and I really hope I am mistaken in trying to understand such a response.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner Shawn, I was busy having a couple of beers and watching the little lady mow my lawns in her bikini , I then had to give her a hurry up because she had to change the oil in my car before racing off to the liquor store to pick up more beers to accompany the barbeque that she has to cook for me and the boys..... :dance:

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 am

Simon wrote:
Shawn wrote:

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner Shawn, I was busy having a couple of beers and watching the little lady mow my lawns in her bikini , I then had to give her a hurry up because she had to change the oil in my car before racing off to the liquor store to pick up more beers to accompany the barbeque that she has to cook for me and the boys..... :dance:
And to think you never invited me for a bbq?! Oh well I'm available Saturday ... make it late afternoon, that way the missus can finish doing the housework and make dessert.
- Brendan72

- Ben Shapiro

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Tue May 08, 2012 2:21 pm

I get it now. :oops:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Tue May 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Sounds like somebody has their monthly visitor! :-)

Hey...lay off Aunt Flo!

Simon
formerly Just Simon

Post by Simon » Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Shawn wrote:I get it now. :oops:
Apology accepted... ;)

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Tue May 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Simon wrote:
Apology accepted... ;)
Sorry for that. If you only knew how many guys I have encountered online that were not kidding about this type of behavior....a lot of guys. :(

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks for sharing! I love vintage ads. Okay this one is a bit..... but anyway. :lol: :)

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Simon wrote:
Shawn wrote:

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Wed May 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Oh Shawn, God love ya -- I sure do! :hug:

I have no idea what other posters mean ... but do you realize that many of these ads were actually created well after 2000, and meant to be only jokes? We drudged up tons of them on another board -- strictly for silliness. Hell, some of them were created by co-posters!
:breakdance:

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:20 am

Heh heh heh... this one is no fake, it's just for Shawn... Now hurry up and do those dishes... I don't wanna be mean here or anything Shawn but at what point was the "Man" sucked right out of you?

"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:35 pm

t00nCiNaToR wrote:Heh heh heh... this one is no fake, it's just for Shawn... Now hurry up and do those dishes... I don't wanna be mean here or anything Shawn but at what point was the "Man" sucked right out of you?

Well Toony, I know you're real curious about how and when and all that jazz.....and I don't wanna be mean either, but I'd let you go down and suck the "Man" right outta ME. In fact, I think it would be rather nice of me to let you. And the great part?? It'd be just for you.
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz