American Horror Story

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville

American Horror Story

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:03 pm

New TV show coming in October...

So what about his new show, American Horror Story? Well, he couldn't say much, but described the series as "Amityville Horror meets Twin Peaks meets The Shining." In other words, not for the faint of heart. He was even kind enough to go through the pictures on his phone and find a shot of himself in full makeup. He's got some kind of weird eye thing going on with some major facial scarring. Creepy, to say the least. It reminded me of a kinder version of Russell's burning flesh look, which prompted me to ask just how long that makeup job takes. Turns out it's about 3 and a half hours for Russell and about 3 for his new character Larry, on American Horror Story.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/america ... 41520.aspx

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: American Horror Story

Postby eber3 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:02 pm

I see the same kind of thing on my belly the morning after eating Taco Bell.
eber3
complete jackass

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:39 pm

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Architect of light 75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:11 am

See.. who would call a show "European Horror Story" or "African Horror Story" ??

They always need to call the patriotic side by calling things "American".. Can't it be just "Horror Story" or else ? :?
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:54 am

So you think the title "American Horror Story" has something to do with patriotism? :fp:

You are truly obsessed. Is this a jealousy thing?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:57 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:See.. who would call a show "European Horror Story" or "African Horror Story" ??

They always need to call the patriotic side by calling things "American".. Can't it be just "Horror Story" or else ? :?

I really would like to see what really happened in "A Swiss Horror Story" that a certain Brian Wilson encountered. You still don't get "it", do you.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Architect of light 75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 am

Dan the Damned wrote:So you think the title "American Horror Story" has something to do with patriotism? :fp:

Yes the fact that many things are called "American this, American him" has for goal to bring patriotism I'm sure.

Like my Michael Jordan VHS, why call it "An American Legend" and not simply "A basketball legend" ?

Jealousy toward silliness ? I don't think so.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Architect of light 75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:20 am

Victoria Principles wrote:
Architect of light 75 wrote:See.. who would call a show "European Horror Story" or "African Horror Story" ??

I really would like to see what really happened in "A Swiss Horror Story" that a certain Brian Wilson encountered. You still don't get "it", do you.

Almost funny, thanks. It's cool to see Dan & you together talking to me one after the other, welcome back funny bones, you make a nice couple ;)

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:
Dan the Damned wrote:So you think the title "American Horror Story" has something to do with patriotism? :fp:

Yes the fact that many things are called "American this, American him" has for goal to bring patriotism I'm sure.

Like my Michael Jordan VHS, why call it "An American Legend" and not simply "A basketball legend" ?

Jealousy toward silliness ? I don't think so.

I think you are jealous of the United States of America and Americans, Swiss Guy or else you wouldn't be so obsessed with this American thing. Just to remind you that this board follows an American story, is owned by an American, and most members are Americans. Then you wonder why people get upset with you when you go on your jealous anti-American rants. :fp: :roll:
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Architect of light 75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:56 am

Victoria Principles wrote:I think you are jealous of the United States of America and Americans, Swiss Guy or else you wouldn't be so obsessed with this American thing. Just to remind you that this board follows an American story, is owned by an American, and most members are Americans. Then you wonder why people get upset with you when you go on your jealous anti-American rants. :fp: :roll:

Well only a few get upset, maybe they don't like when the truth is told. Others know that I'm just talking about silly people so they don't feel concerned.

Yeah very jealous of America, sure ^^ You really need to travel around the globe Victoria.

See you.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:45 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:Well only a few get upset, maybe they don't like when the truth is told. Others know that I'm just talking about silly people so they don't feel concerned.

Americans know the truth about the dark side of their country's history. They know we slaughtered natives, captured slaves, stole land, etc. What they don't like is someone shoving it in their face constantly, just as you don't like your colleagues bragging about how great America is.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Architect of light 75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Architect of light 75 wrote:Well only a few get upset, maybe they don't like when the truth is told. Others know that I'm just talking about silly people so they don't feel concerned.

Americans know the truth about the dark side of their country's history. They know we slaughtered natives, captured slaves, stole land, etc. What they don't like is someone shoving it in their face constantly, just as you don't like your colleagues bragging about how great America is.

Nah.. I can assure you some are really ignorant, just like some Swiss are ignorant about how corrupted the country is.

In 5 years of posting, I don't think that I have been constantly "shoving in anyone's face", I have been talking about many things and I'm always ready to apologize if I shocked someone. I'm the good American guy :D

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:10 pm

No, you haven't been doing this over the past 5 years. But in the past week you've been acting just as badly as people who visit Europe and brag about how great America is compared to the country they're visiting. Seems kinda hypocritical to me...

Architect of light 75 wrote:I'm always ready to apologize if I shocked someone.

Why do you keep talking about "shocking" or "offending" us? Is that what you're trying to do? :think:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Simon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Arch, you have truly lost the plot, maybe they called it an "American Horror Story" because it happened in AMERICA !

Why do they call it a "Swiss Army knife" instead of just an Army knife? Why do they call it Swiss Cheese" instead of just Cheese? Why is it a "Swiss Watch" instead of just a watch? Jesus! :think:

You are now becoming borderline racist and basically offensive (and I am not American). All I can say is that Dan, Victoria, Billy etc have alot of patience and thick skins to keep putting up with your trolling.

Enjoy Europe "The Craddle of civilisation" :roll: :fp:
Simon
formerly Just Simon

Postby eber3 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Well said Simon, although I would point out he's not being racist as "American" isn't a race.
eber3
complete jackass

Postby Architect of light 75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:13 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:No, you haven't been doing this over the past 5 years. But in the past week you've been acting just as badly as people who visit Europe and brag about how great America is compared to the country they're visiting. Seems kinda hypocritical to me...

Architect of light 75 wrote:I'm always ready to apologize if I shocked someone.

Why do you keep talking about "shocking" or "offending" us? Is that what you're trying to do? :think:

No but it may happen so in case I did, I would apologize, that's all.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Architect of light 75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Simon wrote:Arch, you have truly lost the plot, maybe they called it an "American Horror Story" because it happened in AMERICA !

Why do they call it a "Swiss Army knife" instead of just an Army knife? Why do they call it Swiss Cheese" instead of just Cheese? Why is it a "Swiss Watch" instead of just a watch? Jesus! :think:

You are now becoming borderline racist and basically offensive (and I am not American). All I can say is that Dan, Victoria, Billy etc have alot of patience and thick skins to keep putting up with your trolling.

Enjoy Europe "The Craddle of civilisation" :roll: :fp:

I see you point Simon, sorry if I sounded rude but my topics were concerning the narrow minded American person. Dan is not obviously, and so are not others here.

I know about stuff that we can eat and stuff named after the place it comes from but how many movies have been called "American girls" "American virgin" "American Psycho", that is different and I really feel like it is a way to underline a specific feeling.

I'm truly sorry if I sounded that agressive but I'm in no way racist or else.

Have a nice day.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Architect of light 75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:24 pm

eber3 wrote:Well said Simon, although I would point out he's not being racist as "American" isn't a race.

Indeed Eber3, I really am NOT racist or neither xenophobe. I even wrote private e-mails to some persons here when I thought I offended them and some never replied. So I believe I have been clumsy but I know how to apologize when it's time and I did, some here are too proud to reply back or just say "it's ok, let's move on". I didn't name anyone here but they will maybe recognize themselves.

See you.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:09 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:I know about stuff that we can eat and stuff named after the place it comes from but how many movies have been called "American girls" "American virgin" "American Psycho", that is different and I really feel like it is a way to underline a specific feeling.

You're reading way too much into this. Yes, the word "American" is featured in a number of film titles, but I think it's absurd to say this is done in an effort to appeal to the patriotic nature of Americans (or to incite patriotism). How can the title "American Psycho" incite patriotism? How can you appeal to 'patriots' by teaming "American" with the negative word "Psycho"???

And with "The Last American Virgin," can't this simply be a play on the phrase "The Last American Hero"? I mean it's a comedy for heavens sake.

And back to "American Horror Story," it hasn't premiered yet, but the impression I get is that it's a play on the popular phrase "The American Dream" (in the spirit of "American Nightmare" instead of "American Dream"). Meaning that instead of the stereotypical American Dream (happily living in suburbia with a wife and 2 kids) the featured family is living a nightmare in their new suburban home. At least that's the impression I get -- we'll see if it's true.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Architect of light 75 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:17 am

Dan the Damned wrote:You're reading way too much into this. Yes, the word "American" is featured in a number of film titles, but I think it's absurd to say this is done in an effort to appeal to the patriotic nature of Americans (or to incite patriotism). How can the title "American Psycho" incite patriotism? How can you appeal to 'patriots' by teaming "American" with the negative word "Psycho"???
And with "The Last American Virgin," can't this simply be a play on the phrase "The Last American Hero"? I mean it's a comedy for heavens sake.
And back to "American Horror Story," it hasn't premiered yet, but the impression I get is that it's a play on the popular phrase "The American Dream" (in the spirit of "American Nightmare" instead of "American Dream"). Meaning that instead of the stereotypical American Dream (happily living in suburbia with a wife and 2 kids) the featured family is living a nightmare in their new suburban home. At least that's the impression I get -- we'll see if it's true.

Interesting Dan, would that possibily be a marketing strategy then ?

See the point I was trying to do here :

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8949&p=130743#p130743

The colours, the name, all is there.. :P

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:34 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:Interesting Dan, would that possibily be a marketing strategy then ?

No. That's exactly my point. How could placing the word "American" in the title of "American Psycho" be a marketing strategy??? Do they think they're going to get the horror enthusiasts and the patriotic crowd as well by placing "American" in the title, not taking into consideration that someone so patriotic as to be swayed by such a thing would be offended by the "psycho" part of the title?

You're not thinking this through. I think you're just posting for posting's sake.

Architect of light 75 wrote:See the point I was trying to do here :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8949&p=130743#p130743

The colours, the name, all is there..

Yes, but look at the context. On the "American Pie" poster, the flag is used as a thong. Again, if someone was so patriotic that having "American" in the title would make them want to see a film, they would be insulted in the flag being used as a thong. No, instead that poster illustrates the themes of "loss of innocence" loosely based on the popular folk song (which is also about America's loss of innocence from the 50s to the 60s).

The drawing of "American Dad" faithfully recreates that TV show's satire of the stereotypical super-patriotic American. It is a satire of patriots (which is sure to offend real patriots -- but I guess the sledgehammer sarcasm/satire hitting you over the head is a bit too subtle for you).

And "An American Carol" is another political satire, and as such features red, white and blue along with stars, representing the American political symbols. Like "American Dad" it is a satire of patriotism (and anti-patriotism). :hammer:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Next

Return to Amityville Coffee House