sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Poltergeist

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:59 pm

ZoeTrillingFan
Bogan Bitch

Post by ZoeTrillingFan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Turns out Heather did complete filming Poltergeist 3 before her death, the film was submitted for rating mid - 1987.
heres a fansite with lots of info and rare pictures: http://www.poltergeistiii.com/

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Julabard
how strange...

Post by Julabard » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:39 am

Henry Kane is one of the most scary bad guys in any move ever
Okay, I see you there! There's a 12 gauge shotgun, waitin' for anybody trespassin'!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 am

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 pm

'Poltergeist' reboot to start shooting this fall

Hollywood’s love affair with ghoulies and ghosties was reconfirmed Thursday with the announcement that Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer is partnering with Fox 2000 Pictures to finance and distribute a new version of director Tobe Hooper’s 1982 horror classic, Poltergeist. The film will be directed by Gil Kenan (Monster House), written by David Lindsay-Abaire (Oz: The Great and Powerful), and produced by Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert through their Ghost House Pictures company, together with Roy Lee (The Strangers). Ghost House’s previous credits include The Grudge, last year’s The Possession, and the recent reboot of Raimi’s own Evil Dead.

According to the official announcement, the new Poltergeist will concern a family which “relocates to an outdated suburban home and is confronted by an angry spirit who kidnaps their youngest daughter and challenges them to band together to rescue her from the clutches of evil.” Production is scheduled to begin this fall.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/20/p ... sam-raimi/

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:10 am

A poltergeist remake? :think: I can see the curse
making headlines again...
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Sam Rockwell in Talks for "Poltergeist" Reboot

We've been hearing about a reboot of "Poltergeist" for many years, but now it seems that the film is actually moving forward. The Wrap has learned that MGM is in talks with Sam Rockwell to play the lead.

Rockwell is currently considering several projects, but has expressed interest in "Poltergeist." If a deal is made, Rockwell will play the patriarch of the Bowen family, whose daughter Madison is abducted by supernatural forces.

The new movie will be directed by Gil Kenan (Monster House) from a script by David Lindsay-Abaire (Oz: The Great and Powerful). Rosemarie DeWitt co-stars and Sam Raimi is producing.
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=29103

anthonyh46
Amityville Member

Post by anthonyh46 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:17 pm

i feel the original made a good story for horror,change not to have gore in a horror movie,the supernatural and suspense is good enough,the 2005 remake was rubbish,best bit on that was the girl walking on the roof.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:11 am

I assume you're talking about the amityville remake, not poltergiest :lol:

I dunno, people crawling on roofs in horror films today is a little cliche.
I tend to stay away from new horrors because of the lack of originality.
Or remakes of horror classics.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:37 pm

A couple of nice but expensive items...

Original Poltergeist II Production Script used by Carol Anne (Heather O'Rourke)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Polter ... 1522386982

Original Poltergeist III Production Script used by Carol Anne (Heather O'Rourke)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Polter ... 1058924118

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:47 am

kblur77
Amityville Addict

Post by kblur77 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Rokiisun wrote:I assume you're talking about the amityville remake, not poltergiest :lol:

I dunno, people crawling on roofs in horror films today is a little cliche.
I tend to stay away from new horrors because of the lack of originality.
Or remakes of horror classics.

The original Amityville Horror movie was one of the best comedies ever made! Hard to pick the funniest scene but the nun puking up the devil might be? If she didnt get him out on that one there is no hope. :twisted:

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:14 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
You beat me to it, Sherb! I was going to post this up myself lmao
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:08 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Looks like it could be good, but I'm still quite skeptical since it is a remake of one of my favorite horror movies. Some things I got from the trailer:

1. The family is moving into the house and calling it a fixer-upper, indicating that they are possibly not the first people to live in that house as well as the rest of the neighborhood.

2. The psychic says that the neighborhood is built over a cemetery, which, to me, doesn't have the double-punch of the original. In the original, you think it's bad enough that the town used to be a cemetery, and then later it gets worse when you realize the bodies were never moved.

3. The psychic says that it isn't a bunch of upset spirits and that it is a poltergeist. In the original, they gave a more accurate distinction between a haunting and a poltergeist.

4. I do like the effect shown with the TV, answering what I've heard people ask about how they were going to handle a modern TV since we have blue screens now instead of snow.

I'll probably go to see it, but I'm not holding my breath that it'll be better or as good as the original.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

themysticalcafe
Amityville Member

Post by themysticalcafe » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Have you seen the new one's trailer?

kblur77
Amityville Addict

Post by kblur77 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Yep its a doublewide.

RowdyRodimus
Amityville Member

Post by RowdyRodimus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:52 pm

kblur77 wrote:

The original Amityville Horror movie was one of the best comedies ever made! Hard to pick the funniest scene but the nun puking up the devil might be? If she didnt get him out on that one there is no hope. :twisted:
I loved Stephen King's take on it from his non fiction book about the horror genre Danse Macabre in it he says something like it is a horror movie about losing money in the housing market. The Lutz's spend all the money on the house, George's brother in law loses a huge check, and then they have to run off and leave everything they built up. The haunting aspect isn't the scary part, the horror is seeing everything you've worked so hard for being lost in a bad deal lol That wasn;'t the exact description he gave but it was along those lines, I haven't read the book since I was a teenager but I've always remembered his thoughts on Amityville.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:58 am

Time to start the remake "curse" rumours...
‘Poltergeist’ Curse Continues? Disturbances During Remake’s Shoot….

Horror fans are all-too aware of the Poltergeist curse that’s run rampant through Tobe Hooper and Steven Spielberg’s 1982 film, and its two sequels.

There are stories about the infamous clown malfunctioning during filming and strangling a young Oliver Robins, while Dominique Dunne and Heather O’Rourke passing away after completing production being even more chilling.

While nothing awful happened during the filming of the forthcoming remake, in theaters May 22nd, director Gil Kenan did experience some supernatural occurrences, one of which was self-inflicted...
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33386 ... kes-shoot/

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 am